Joraform Big Pig 270L Rotational Composter

Joraform Big Pig 270L Rotational Composter

3.6

smfzi

smfziSouth East Queensland, QLD

Great product with just a few issues

Purchased for $700.00.

Jane

JaneMinyama

Little Pig

I received the Little Pig quickly, and while it took a while to assemble (watch the video, don't use the paper instructions alone) it is up, seems really solid and looks the part. It is very easy to turn. I like that the magnet on the handles hold the doors open.
I've been using it for about 3 weeks and it is leaking and every time I open the door, I am met with a swarm of fruit flies. I have been putting newspaper in to try to fix, but to no avail.
Not sure what I should I do to correct this. Some composting tips in with the packaging would have been useful.
Jane

Date PurchasedJune 2018
See all Joraform Big Pig 270L Rotational Composter reviews

Felix E.

Felix E.asked

Do the vents on each side need to be in the same place?

Vitality 4 LifeJoraform

Hi Felix E. Thank you very much for getting in touch. Yes the vents on the sides will need to be at the same height on both sides. To be sure, please do not hesitate to contact us at support@vitality4life.com for further assistance. Kind regards, Hayley

Leonie

Leonieasked

We purchased a big pig 1 year ago, it has been composting really well until the insulation on the lid and wall has started to shrink. One side now will not hold any heat and the other side is also starting to shrink. I am very careful not to add too much water and never over fill it we also make sure vents are kept clear. Has any one else had the same problem? I find this really disappointing.

Vitality 4 LifeJoraform

Hi Leonie, thank you very much for reaching out. We have received your email and will most definitely look after you. We look forward to hearing from you. Kind regards, Hayley

Tina

Tinaasked

Would like to know if there are plans to improve the liability to rust? Have had mine over 10 yrs. Rust and leaking have become a problem. It still composts well though. Wetter compost than I would like even though I add pellets as well. Have considered replacing but don’t want the rust to be a recurring problem.

Vitality 4 LifeJoraform

Hi Tina, thank you very much for getting in touch. Has your composter got a mark on the interior to indicate the maximum fill line? This is something that has been changed recently. If all of the instructions are followed, there shouldn't be any issues with rust and leaking. Over many years there will be general wear and tear however. There is a handy 'start up guide' on our website which may help with specific usage tips. Please do not hesitate to get in touch with us at support@vitality4life.com

See all Joraform Big Pig 270L Rotational Composter questions

Get an answer from our members and Joraform representatives

CategoryCompost Bins