Joraform Big Pig 270L Rotational Composter

Joraform Big Pig 270L Rotational Composter

3.6

Nici

NiciCanberra

Best purchase I’ve ever made!

I have never written feedback about any product before but feel compelled to tell you how impressed I am with this product! I live in Canberra and have been struggling with composting in our cool weather, never being successful and having almost given up. My determination to reduce our landfill waste finally led me to the Joraform. It has been steaming since day 1 and continues to do so everyday and is breaking our organic matter down so fast I can hardly believe it.

Date PurchasedFeb 2018

BIG PIG.

I have always wanted one of these babies, but instead I have been buying second hand Gumtree Osborne industries compost tumbler. So far with the Swedish variety I have noticed it heats up really well, is very easy to turn and has a functional design. easy to assemble but useful to do it with someone else. All my old tumblers would break and I wish I had bought this guy ages ago.

Date PurchasedJan 2018

Aaron BurkeMelbourne

The benchmark compost tumbler on the market

Date PurchasedSept 2017

Compost Bins

Find out how Joraform Big Pig 270L Rotational Composter compares to other Compost Bins

Joraform 270L -

Very happy with my decision to buy this composter. Assembly was straightforward - I
started putting it together on my own then needed some help when attaching outer panels. The online video was helpful too. Am almost ready start on our 2nd batch of compost in the other chamber. It's very easy to tumble the drum and the first batch has reached a hot temperature. Composting has resulted in a noticeable drop in our weekly rubbish, as we're also recycling (crosscut) shredded paper.
Tip - if buying from Vitality4life.com.au, it's worth checking their ebay price as it was $25 cheaper than their website price. I ordered over the phone and they matched their ebay price :)

Date PurchasedAug 2017

Review collected in partnership with Joraform

Its nice when things are as good as they say.....

Easy to put together. Works better than I expected. It takes about 6 weeks per barrel. As the grass, clippings and kitchen waste breaks down you need to top it up for a couple of weeks before moving to the next barrel. 2 to 3 months since I started and it still looks like new on the outside.

Date PurchasedOct 2016

IVAN

IVANPRESTONS

Excellent compost tumbler. Well worth the money

Before I bought the Jeraform 270L. Bought a cheap Aldi plastic tumbler to try out my task of turning those green waste into compost for my garden. It was a disaster, put waste and brown material into it, and kept turning and monitoring the temperature hoping it will turn into those black gold one day. And so it went for 4 months, and nothing. Thinking I may be doing something incorrectly. Then it came the Jeraform, to my surprise, only takes it 2 mere weeks, and it came the black gold that I have been waiting for. The difference really lies in the later one can heat the material up and held it high for as long as it is capable of. Highly recommend this product even though the cost is quite high.

Date PurchasedOct 2016

See all Joraform Big Pig 270L Rotational Composter reviews

Felix E.

Felix E.asked

Do the vents on each side need to be in the same place?

Vitality 4 LifeJoraform

Hi Felix E. Thank you very much for getting in touch. Yes the vents on the sides will need to be at the same height on both sides. To be sure, please do not hesitate to contact us at support@vitality4life.com for further assistance. Kind regards, Hayley

Leonie

Leonieasked

We purchased a big pig 1 year ago, it has been composting really well until the insulation on the lid and wall has started to shrink. One side now will not hold any heat and the other side is also starting to shrink. I am very careful not to add too much water and never over fill it we also make sure vents are kept clear. Has any one else had the same problem? I find this really disappointing.

Vitality 4 LifeJoraform

Hi Leonie, thank you very much for reaching out. We have received your email and will most definitely look after you. We look forward to hearing from you. Kind regards, Hayley

Tina

Tinaasked

Would like to know if there are plans to improve the liability to rust? Have had mine over 10 yrs. Rust and leaking have become a problem. It still composts well though. Wetter compost than I would like even though I add pellets as well. Have considered replacing but don’t want the rust to be a recurring problem.

Vitality 4 LifeJoraform

Hi Tina, thank you very much for getting in touch. Has your composter got a mark on the interior to indicate the maximum fill line? This is something that has been changed recently. If all of the instructions are followed, there shouldn't be any issues with rust and leaking. Over many years there will be general wear and tear however. There is a handy 'start up guide' on our website which may help with specific usage tips. Please do not hesitate to get in touch with us at support@vitality4life.com

See all Joraform Big Pig 270L Rotational Composter questions

Get an answer from our members and Joraform representatives

CategoryCompost Bins