Judo Bank Questions & Answers

Verified🏆 2024 Award
Sasam Kumar
Sasam Kumar

Good afternoon, Team
I Sam wanted to fixed Deposit for 6 months of $270K on every month interest.
Please advise n to confirm do you have any branch in Sydney.
Is your Judo Bank is Local or overseas.
Please reply me on email sam_kumar1@hotmail.com
Regards
Sam

PMAC
PMAC

Hello does Judo have a SWIFT/BIC code to transfer overseas funds into a term deposit please?

Judo Bank   DM

Hi PMAC, thank you for reaching out to Judo Bank. To facilitate the transfer of funds into a term deposit with Judo Bank, you must be an Australian tax resident. Additionally, please note that transfers can only be executed through the 'Pay anyone' or BPAY services from an Australian bank account.

LMV
LMV

Tried signing up with JudoBank for a term deposit Multiple times as I did some years ago with the same issue happening. All correct information for ID by way of medicare card & drivers licence etc. but was rejected multiple times :( Each time contacting Judo to speak with an agent. Was a mystery as none of the agents (as nice as they were) could solve the issue.
Today I phoned the co. that Judo employs to ID check prospective customers called EQUIFAX & was informed, unless you have a Credit Record/ HISTORY ON FILE they cannot ID you as thats the only way EQUIFAX will have you on their records. Really hard to believe I'd be the only one having the Term Deposit sign up APPLICATION issue. To have a credit record, i'd imagine you'd need to be using a credit card, which I don't, (Debit Card serves me well) or have borrowed etc. in the past 7 -10 years which I haven't.
Very frustrating :(((( all the time spent over past couple of day's.
JudoBank could you please inform that this is case? if so would it be possible to employ a co. that can do accurate ID match for anyone that is able to apply online for a Term Deposit? Not just those with a Credit History.

Judo Bank   DM

Dear LMV, We're sorry to hear about your issues with signing up for a term deposit. To assist you better, please DM us your full name and contact details. This will allow us to investigate and address the problem promptly.
Thank you for your understanding and patience.

Gary
Gary

Hi Judobank, just a question about security, as there was an incident in the news recently about [Content Removed] being able to intercept calls and emails even when using the institution's official hotline and email from their website. How can you assure clients that they're dealing with real judo staff and not [Content Removed] who intercepted the email/call? (see 9news incident regarding suncorp customer [Name Removed]) Thank you.

Missygirl

Do you offer any higher interest rates for large investments, say anywhere from 5-10 million?

Phil J
Phil J

How secure is my money in a term deposit

up to $250000 very secure

Missygirl

It’s a shame nothing over 250k is secure though. We’re looking at investing 5M. Not sure if we should or not

LLOYD MCMANUS

Could you tell me about term deposits and the rate for 1year for 150000 dollars?

5.15%

LLOYD MCMANUS

How do I go about investing with your company

Judo Bank   DM

Hi Lloyd, you can see all of our personal TD rates here: external link  and if you're interested in applying it's an easy online application from there

thanks for your reply

Stan
Stan

Is there a branch located in the suburbs of Perth

Stirling
Stirling

No there isn’t. On line banking only

gary f.

So my question is, how do people know Judo Bank is not another fake website with fake accounts or caller from India or UK? Is there a money trail that Australian authority can verify if something goes wrong?

Judo Bank   DM

Hi Gary, we are a licensed deposit taking institution, and our deposits are covered by the Financial Claims Scheme. You can read more about this here: external link

Thank you.

HelenH
HelenH

Please set up better online banking services!
I am a customer of Judo bank but I can’t logon to my account as it keep saying it doesn’t exist!

Trilby
Trilby

HI Helen
I was told not to do it from phone so not sure if that's your case. Worked once i used laptop/desk top. Of course out may be something else

Jason B.
Jason B.

I've done heaps from my phone. Never used desktop. No issues for me.

Hardy
Hardy

I've started a term deposit at 4.9% for 12 months it has since risen to 5.45%, can I cancel the initial 12months term deposit and restart it with the higher rate? Seems logical? Please advise, Hardy

Judy B.
Judy B.

No, unless you give 30 days notice to withdraw. There may be a penalty, but I’m not sure.

Judo Bank   DM

Hi Hardy, we have a section on this in our FAQs under 'Can I withdraw my Term Deposit early?'. You can view these at external link .
Thanks,
Nathan

peb2903
peb2903

Have you updated your app so I can see my term deposit yet?

Alec T.
Alec T.

no they have done nothing and still cant see anything

Al Cas
Al Cas

Hi , When I rolled over my term deposit last week the app was working in both my adndroid phone and my windows PC

Judo Bank   DM

Hi peb2903, this feature will be available very soon to everyone.

Daniela

Hi there! I've just noted the increased interest on personal term deposits. Unfortunately my is lower...is it possible to renew my accounts with the higher interest or I have to stay on the lower one for another year? What is the penalties if I withdraw my money earlier and cease the account before the money matured? Thanks!

Judo Bank   DM

Hi [Name Removed], can you direct message your contact details, please? I'll have one of our team contact you directly so they can talk about your specific situation. Thanks, [Name Removed]

Daniela

Yes,thanks [Name Removed] !

gary f.

Hi, I just read this story.

So how can a customer verify that the account created by Judo Bank is legit? Will the bank where the money will be transferred from into a Judo account have a direct correspondence with a Judo Bank representative?

Judo Bank   DM

Hi [Name Removed], I have replied about your concerns on another question but for completeness, you can view information on the financial claims scheme and who is covered on the APRA website: external link

Lisa

My term deposit has just matured with Judo. I have checked the term deposit account and it now has a balance of $0 (expected), however my money is not in my nominated account. Does it take time to show up? Should I be worried as this is my life savings.

Judo Bank   DM

Hi Lisa, Can you please send through your contact details in a private message and I’ll have someone from our customer support team look in to this and give you a call.
Thanks,
Nathan

Lisa

Thanks for your quick response Nathan. It seems I was a little panicky, the money arrived in my account today.

Judo Bank   DM

Great to hear. Any further questions, please feel free to reach out.

Helen Bouris
Helen Bouris

Hi,
We currently have a business account with another bank as well as a personal account. The personal account allows for three other accounts to track spending. We have money also invested in a 3 month term deposit as part of the business account. Is all this possible with Judo

Judo Bank   DM

Hi Helen, Judo Bank doesn't currently offer transactional banking but we do provide business loans and simple digital banking. We also have very competitive term deposit rates for businesses. We’re constantly working on improving our digital banking experience and expect that holders of Judo loans and term deposits will be able to view them all in digital banking later this year.

Jean
Jean

Can I withdraw a partial amount from my term deposit before it matures if I need to

Anna15
Anna15

Why am I not receiving a verification code on my login today?

RnD
RnD

I want to reduce the principal before reinvesting in a term deposit... can I withdraw a partial payment only on maturity, or do I need to take it all - then redeposit the new amount to a term account.
I was hoping to transfer between Judo accounts rather than transferring large amounts between banks.

Emily H
Emily H

I cannot access my account. It says my email is no longer valid and I am yet to receive a response from Judo Bank. I use to log in through google social login which is why I think I am having problems. How can I escalate this?

Ausjohn
Ausjohn

do you have joint term deposit accounts

Mel H.
Mel H.

We have equal seperate term deposits.

AlisonE
AlisonE

We took out a joint term deposit account

David k.
David k.

Current i have opened to personal term deposit account as it is I have test by transferred $10 to the my Term Deposit Acc, So I have a questions now, Judo Bank why not available play store apps?
Judo bank term deposit acc online only available even thought how can I check for the transferred and balance..etc I searched play store also Judo bank home pages .. I couldn't find any relevant information like that im so wondering about it.

Judo Bank   DM

Hi David, great to have you on board with us! We don't have an app right now, but it's something we're working on. You can see your balance by logging in online. If you need a hand, don't hesitate to call 13 58 36, we can walk you through the process and answer any questions you may have. All the best, Grace.

Kersten R.
Kersten R.

I have just opened a new account and term deposit. The application was approved, but I can't login. I enter my email and password, enter the security code sent to my phone and then a message is displayed that customer number or password are wrong. Now I am disabled. Sorry, but I won't transfer money into an account I can't access. I see other people have this problem as well.

Judo Bank   DM

Hi Kersten, I'm so sorry that you've had a difficult time logging in. I've just sent you a private message to get your contact details so our customer service team can get in touch and help sort this out for you. Hope to hear from you soon, Ksenija

Get an answer from our members and Judo Bank representatives