Juju Menstrual Cup

Juju Menstrual Cup

See the Best Tampons in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

Yasemin ş.

Yasemin ş.Sydney, NSW

it leaks

I tried 2 times juju cup. it's comfortable but leaks. I was excited to receive my cup. It's ok to insert and taking out, However, it leaks and I don't know what to do. I tried different positions and folding but still leaks. I don't feel any discomfort. When I take off the cup, it is usually half full. I don't understand why it is happening. Should I try different brands?

Purchased in May 2019 for $50.00.

Alex S.

Alex S.

It’s ok

Although I really like the concept of the cup I found I could feel it because it is very hard. I felt pressure on my bladder but I have a sensitive bladder. Also I find it over priced specially because I have now to purchase a new one. I am now on a hunt for a softer cup and found that prices are cheaper than the Juju.

Purchased in March 2019 for $60.00.

rafSouth East Queensland, QLD

So glad I gave this a second try!

Purchased in January 2018 at Healthy Life for $53.95.

Surfpuppies

SurfpuppiesMid North Coast, NSW

JuJu Menstrual Cup High Cervix

Size guide is WAY off

I purchased the 2nd size designed for women over 30 or who have had kids. I don't have kids but am over 30. It is WAY too big. The material is obviously good, but is for too hard to be comfortable. Made me feel sick wearing it. The company should have more details around sizing as now I have wasted a lot of money on something I cannot use.

Kyles79

Kyles79

I really wanted this to work

My 2* is not for the product itself - it is made out of good material, and I can see it would work very well. It does require some ribbing on the base to give grip on removal.
I got this for travelling primarily, but it did not work for me. The take home message is if you are going to get a cup, no matter what brand, ***go to a dr (gyno) first***. My experience ended up in the emergency room and major intervention required to get it out due to an unknown kink in my pelvic anatomy. $55 is very pricey when it turns out you can't use something. View this like a diaphragm and get "fitted".

Wished I had tried this sooner

I brought the juju cup model 2- due to heavy periods in the past and once I got the hang of everything it has been the best decision I have ever made!

The cup itself is great quality, sturdy and easy to use. I had to find the best technique that would work for me I used the fold in technique which has worked best. Removing takes getting used to however it gets easier with time. The model 2 is quite stiff which works for me due to very heavy periods I tried the model 1 but it collapses.

Definitely wish I had tried this earlier it saves a lot of stress, money and pain! I do continue to get cramps but they have definitely decreased. I recommend juju 100%

Nurse cas

Nurse casWollongong

Will never go back.

Leaking!!!

Kiki_Oz

Kiki_OzSydney

Wish I'd discovered this years ago!

Super comfortable (model 3), easy to insert ( and remove, once you get past the learning curve!), easy to clean, good for the planet - never going back to tampons or pads. Important to check your cervix position before buying, so you get the right model. Bought model 1 first, thinking "it should be fine, I'm pretty average", but because I have a high cervix, getting the sucker out each time was a major struggle & stress. Almost gave up, but decided to get model 3 and it has made a world of difference. Highly recommended - wish I'd known about this in high school or Uni - would have saved me $$$.

DaniMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Love it!

Squirrel_rach

Squirrel_rachSydney

I was hesitant - but now I think it's fantastic

I have wanted to shift to a menstrual cup for a while but never had the courage to do so. A friend recommended juju to me. I was impressed it was Australian made to health care standards. It was a little uncomfortable at first, I think I should have tried a little lube to insert. However now I'm getting the hang of it. I love the fact that I don't need to purchase expensive tampons and pads. I'm even happier to say that I'm having a more positive effect on the environment. I recommend this product.

If I could rate it 6 starts i would!

Uhm struggling to put in ?

I am aware Virgins are able to use this product but it just never works for me. I tried it many times from different angles but it just doesn't go in ! I guess I'll have to go back to using period pads

withcottmum

withcottmum

Excellent it's so easy

I bought my juju three months ago and will never go back. I used to 'skip' my period because it was too much to deal with but this gives me no excuses. I do wish I had gone to the size 2 but as a I have a low cervix I went with the size 1. Due to this I have had two leakages but nothing to get upset about. So happy to buy Australian made and when the time comes I will definitely be buying for my girls.

Kiki

KikiMelbourne

No more buying tampons!

Menstrual cups are awesome

Juju menstrual cups are very good the only Australian made brand on the market I've had it over a year and still use it on lighter days. They would work well as a starter cup, for a medium cervix, they are firm enough to pop open easily inside. There are more variety of shapes and sizes overseas but as my first cup I still use it regularly. Due to a low cervix I had to cut off the stem and flip it inside out because it was rubbing badly. But now works fine just more slippery inside out.
After disinfecting on the stove then in peroxide it changed colour and has developed very fine brittle cracks. So I would suggest just rinsing with hot tap water.

jaya36SA, 5169

not good for my heavy days ( graphic descriptions warning!)

jaya36

*See my review on another brand - juju is acceptable, however the other brand is easier to use FOR ME*

Great alternative to tampons - won't ever go back!

Jojo

Jojo

Fantastic - so far superior to traditional alternatives

Tdj

Tdjasked

I had a juju cup but the grip part was too hard to get ahold of. Is the newer version with the higher raised ridges easier to handle?

PJO

PJOasked

I just keep leaking, what am I doing wrong?
I can hear it open when I have inserted it correctly, the cup is not full when I take it out, am I putting it in too far? I can easily reach the tip when it is inserted. Thanks.

raf

That is possibly the reason - definitely try placing it lower. But it could be due to so many other reasons. I wish I could be more helpful. I have found that sometimes a cup can slip ( up higher ) and I don’t know real solution to that. When that has happened I have tried a different cup. The Juju is very smooth and firm - maybe this makes it easier to slip?? When the same thing happened to me I tried the Lily Cup which is less smooth and different shape and less firm (but harder to open up). Not sure if this is helpful but I really understand your frustration.

Robyn

Robynasked

I wondering if this product would work for me I'm a heavy bleeder on days 3,4,5 and have tried tampons before and they fall out when I stand up after inserting it tis?

Dani

If you visit the Juju website, they have a table that can help with picking the right cup for your needs. There are many helpful folding methods to assist with inserting the cup as well as getting it to open once inserted. A menstrual cup works by using suction (when opened after inserting) to form a seal to collect the blood. Therefore the chance of it falling out is very low because of the suction seal it creates.

If that doesn't work I would honestly suggest getting a firmer cup like the Lunette menstrual cup (which I find creates a powerful seal) or maybe try switching to a heavy absorbancy/overnight cloth or disposable pad on your heavy days.

CategoryTampons