Juju Menstrual Cup

Juju Menstrual Cup Questions & Answers

5 questions from our users

Tdj

Tdjasked

I had a juju cup but the grip part was too hard to get ahold of. Is the newer version with the higher raised ridges easier to handle?

PJO

PJOasked

I just keep leaking, what am I doing wrong?
I can hear it open when I have inserted it correctly, the cup is not full when I take it out, am I putting it in too far? I can easily reach the tip when it is inserted. Thanks.

raf

That is possibly the reason - definitely try placing it lower. But it could be due to so many other reasons. I wish I could be more helpful. I have found that sometimes a cup can slip ( up higher ) and I don’t know real solution to that. When that has happened I have tried a different cup. The Juju is very smooth and firm - maybe this makes it easier to slip?? When the same thing happened to me I tried the Lily Cup which is less smooth and different shape and less firm (but harder to open up). Not sure if this is helpful but I really understand your frustration.

Robyn

Robynasked

I wondering if this product would work for me I'm a heavy bleeder on days 3,4,5 and have tried tampons before and they fall out when I stand up after inserting it tis?

Dani

If you visit the Juju website, they have a table that can help with picking the right cup for your needs. There are many helpful folding methods to assist with inserting the cup as well as getting it to open once inserted. A menstrual cup works by using suction (when opened after inserting) to form a seal to collect the blood. Therefore the chance of it falling out is very low because of the suction seal it creates.

If that doesn't work I would honestly suggest getting a firmer cup like the Lunette menstrual cup (which I find creates a powerful seal) or maybe try switching to a heavy absorbancy/overnight cloth or disposable pad on your heavy days.

lee 3

lee 3asked

Does anyone find it hard to wee when using the juju cup? today I used it and found it blocked the urin and once it actually caught it what am I doing wrong?

Dani

I've found that as long as it is inserted and pushed past the pubic bone towards your spine the chances of it impacting your bladder is low. I would say that what you're seeing in the cup is most likely cervical fluid, not urine. The only other theory is that if it is catching urine, the cup isn't inserted fully as it shouldn't be sitting at the vaginal opening but rather up further depending on the height of your cervix and the type of cup you are using. There are many tips and instructional videos to assist you with inserting a menstrual cup as well as removing/changing it as needed.

raf

Yes - but I just accept it.

jaya36asked

I just purchased one and waiting for it to arrive - I'm a bit worried about the 'slippery exterior, as I'm not as dextrous as I was... does anyone think that perhaps you could run a very fine emery board over the exterior gently? Like when you file a nail art stamping head? Do you think that would improve the grip?

Jojo
Jojo

I wouldn't initially at least. There do seem dome scary stories about removal. Two things on thst score: 1. You can experiment between periods, and don't necessarily place the cup as high as possible. 2. If grasping the cup is tricky, you can try bearing down - much as though for a stubborn bowel movement ! - while simultaneously grasping the base of the cup for removal.

The emery board treatment seems harmless enough, but at the risk of damaging the cup I'd be forearmed with as many extraction tips as possible (the Juju site has a good FAQ section) and give the cup a decent try before doing any mods. I found extraction strange at first, but with a few stories of others' experiences have not had any real trouble.

Thank you so much!
I was intending on giving it a go, anyway, as I'm sure I would be ok eventually - I just didn't want that, 'I have to be somewhere else and I'm struggling with THIS' moment.

I was more wondering about the thickness of it. I didn't want to damage it by taking the shine off the surface around where you grip it. The imprints seem to be next to useless for many. I'm the gal who fills it up in an hour! Maybe I should stick to disposables when I'm out.

Thanks again :-)

Juju beginner
Juju beginner

Yes found it a nightmare to get it out the first time as couldn't grip it. Very slippery. It dawned on me to use a disposal kitchen glove, like the ones you get in a hair dye pack. Worked a treat as gripped really well. Wish I'd thought of it earlier.