Jumbuck Comet

Jumbuck Comet

4 Burner and 6 Burner

See the Best Gas BBQs in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

Paul

PaulSydney

Excellent value. All stainless steel 6 burner wok plus

Purchased in September 2019 at Bunnings Warehouse for $499.00.

Safety
Even Heat DistributionYes

Ssin

SsinSydney

Excellent purchase

I read all the reviews before purchasing this beast and it has so far lived up to expectation. The packaged box is over 50kg so you will need at least 2 people to bring it home. Assembling was easy enough, one step of the instructions wasn't quite right but you can figure it out. The dreaded label people were complaining about has been removed from the lid. It cooks very well and you should definitely pay a little extra and get the stainless steel option (in the Comet). Excellent value for money!

Date PurchasedApr 2018
Fozzie

Fozziemelbourne

Very pleased with this lovely barbie.

Very pleased with this lovely barbie.I had my doubts when I was assembling it because it seemed extremely flimsy when dis-assembled but it strong when all the parts are put together. The first time I fired it up I thought I must have fluked it and cooked the perfect tender steak but it kept happening! I soon realised it just the barbie is very well designed and does this every time. I would recommend this to anyone that will listen!

Date PurchasedJan 2017
headwerkn

headwerknNorth-West & West coast, TAS

Good looking, great performing large BBQ at an affordable price

skiman

skimanBrisbane, Queensland

Value for money

Ours has the side burner and did not have a sticker on it, so looks like maybe feedback from reviews has stopped them from being put on, so thats a good thing. BBQ was easy to put together and set up. Cooks very well, have cooked a variety of things and all cooked as expected. Easy to clean as well, so hopefully this will help us to be able to keep it for a long time. Side burner is handy and heats very quickly. The last one we had the gas bottle hooked onto the outside this one is in the cabinet and its a little harder to get to, but still functional. Pretty sturdy and a good size for its price, good value for money.

Date PurchasedJan 2018

CPLF

CPLFMelbourne

Average - Home use

Not a bad pick for the price, Average but works well and good enough for home use. (unless you are extremely into BBQing and expect an exceptional outcome )
includes a lid and a thermostat, Wok burner works well

Good for home use, I ve been using mine for few years now.

Date PurchasedJun 2013

Emma

EmmaGirrawheen

Easy to assemble. One man job. All tools provided. Box fit in small car for transportation home. Great beginners barbecue. Side burner is a really useful addition. (We used it for mushrooms and onions) Plenty of room to feed nine on Boxing Day. Value for money. Only downside was that it takes time to heat up.

Date PurchasedDec 2017

Sam

Sam

Good BBQ

Good BBQ for the money. Even gas dispersing and the finish doesn't age as quick as some others. Thanks Bunnings for giving us a options with out costing a fortune.
If you want a BBQ to do it's job, and not much more. This is the one. I promise!
I'm not one for positive reviews at all.

Date PurchasedMay 2017
Kaz

Kaz

Love our new Bbq

This was a Xmas gift from the family. They chose well. It was so easy to put together, all stainless steel and bolted together. The castors are so smooth with the addition of two locking castors to make it safe. Handy side burner for stirfrys etc. looks really smart and makes my husbands bbqing a breeze.

Date PurchasedDec 2017
Happy shopper

Happy shopperMurray Bridge

Great BBQ

I'm very satisfied with the cooking results. I was tossing up between a normal BBQ or a Webber Q and and so glad I purchased this. We havent had a bad BBQ yet. Lota of room to cook both on the grill and the hot plate. The storage underneath is fantastic to hide the gas bottle away and other things like tongs ect.
Should have caster wheels on all corners not just 2 but not to bad otherwise

Date PurchasedAug 2016

pacificgypsy

pacificgypsyGold Coast

Very difficult to remove sticker from hood

Date PurchasedNov 2017

NASA grade sticker technology.

Date PurchasedOct 2017
Chad
Chad

Finally got rid of the sticker residue - 2 rounds of oven cleaner.

leonr64

leonr64

OK, but heating is a bit uneven

The instructions were clear and this BBQ was easy enough to assemble. It is good value for a stainless steel BBQ. The main negative for me is that cooking on the open grill is less even than on our 2001 Jackeroo BBQ from KMart (which was gradually rusting away). I think it's to do with the design of the flame tamers on the Jumbuck compared to the old one.

Date PurchasedAug 2017

Jayson

JaysonGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Does the job

We had a Jumbuck for about 7 years and she did the job just fine. Just keep it clean and covered (hood down at least!). I think you will be happy knowing you've got a tool which allows you to casual bar-b for the family without breaking the bank. You will do well with a ¾ burner from the sounds of you initial post.

Date PurchasedMar 2015
Angry Dad Man

Angry Dad ManBundaberg

Roadtest Jumbuck Comet 4 Burner with Wok Burner (Stainless Steel)

Date PurchasedJun 2017

Ruth H.

Ruth H.asked

Comet 4 Burner

I can't see the size of the BBQ plates - are they all grill or half plate or 3/4 bbq plate and 1/4 grill?

Red R.

6 burner has 2 grill and 1 hot plate...
I actually went to bunnings and brought 2 hot plates so I just have all hot plates..think they were about $20-$30 each

firezone1au
firezone1au

Replacing grills with hotplates voids the warranty. This can cause an excessive build up of heat which can lead to personal injury, especially if the hood is closed. This probably relates to your comment below about getting to hot & overcooking the meat.

Red R.asked

Got a jumbuck for Christmas only used it a couple of time but every time I use it I have it on low amd seems to be way to hot and just over cooks the meat..anyone had this issue

Emily S.

Emily S.asked

Can you purchase drip trays as a spare part?. Mine rusted out and I need one. Bbq is still fine but no one seems to sell the bloody things.. please help ..

Get an answer from our members and Jumbuck representatives

Jumbuck Comet 4 Burner

CategoryGas BBQsGas BBQs
Price (RRP) $349.00$499.00
TypeFreestandingFreestanding
Cooking Plate / Grill MaterialCast IronStainless Steel
FeaturesGrill, Hooded, On Wheels, Storage Cabinet, Temperature Gauge and Wok / Side BurnerGrill, Hooded, On Wheels, Storage Cabinet, Temperature Gauge and Wok / Side Burner
Colour / Finish Stainless SteelStainless Steel
Dimensions 1173 x 536 x 1540 mm1173 x 536 x 1698 mm
Weight59 kg68 kg
Gas TypeLPGLPG
Number of Burners/Zones 46
Gas Rate 13 mJ/hr13 mJ/hr
Manufacturer Warranty1 year(s)1 year(s)