Jura E8

MPNs: 15094 and 15268

29 questions from our users

Lynn L.
Lynn L.asked

Hi, I just purchased a Jura E8 and when I make any drink with milk, the coffee is cold. I do not have any adjustments I can make to the temperature of the milk as everything is automated. Temperature settings are all on high. Can you help me address this issue?

Dear Lynn. L
Thank you for your question, We do have a restrictor available that will heat the milk by 5'c if you could kindly email your postal address to kylie.boyd@jura.com I will arrange one to be sent to resolve this issue.
JURA

Dougasked

I usually drink Americanos. For20 years I have used a Jura Impressa F9. I can make it with the push of a single button— no need to add heated water. What machine does that these days? Thanks!

Jura A.JURA Australia

Dear Doug, all machines will produce black coffee, the ena 8 have a smaller brew unit and the E line and up have the bigger brew unit so if you like strong coffee i would suggest the E6.
JURA

Glenda S.
Glenda S.asked

Not a question, more of a thank you for your reviews. I can see by these that the support seems to be there for positive comments as regards problems with the machine there doesn't appear to be support or queries answered. A lot of maintenance seems to be an issue. Also the milk system. Maybe I will wait until these issues are resolved then look again at this machine. Thank you

Sue sasked

I'm posting this again, my Jura E8 milk frothier is blasting the milk more than before always clean it after use.

Reviewer R.
Reviewer R.

Why have you avoided contacting them directly for an immediate answer ?

Sue s

Thought this was the contact site

Sue sasked

Have two Jura machines a Z6 at home and an E8 at our holiday home, used regularly but of late the milk is blasting out, can u help, it's cleaned regularly.

Sunny
Sunny

The milk foamer on my E8 failed and JURA A sent me a replacement but it’s the wrong foamer for the machine and won’t fit.. so iv had to continue to use my Nespresso milk foamer separately as JURA A won’t respond to me. I would suggest taking the foamer off after each use and soaking it in hot water

Sue s

Yes I do clean it after use

Bob E

These machines are "HIGH" maintenance. I certainly would never buy another

peter m.asked

my e8 perfomed well for the first 2 months and then I changed the water filter. Since then it periodically says “system filling” after switching on and the coffee splutters out. I have used hot water to get rid of air bubbles a few times, but it happens again later. I think a bit of water filter has lodged inside and is letting air in. Not very good for a new machine

Bob E

Try it without the water filter to see if it is still doing that. It will rule out whether it is an issue with the replacement filter or the machine. If it is only 2 months old it should be covered by warranty. I have had the same filter in the machine for some 8 months. The machine keeps telling me to replace the filter, even though the flow is still good (I use filtered water in my machine). I reckon the "change the filter" bit is a marketing gimmick.

peter m.

already tried that and it still happens. If you use the machine througout the day it’s ok, but leave it off for a day or two and air seems to have leaked in somewhere. I found this on the web and feel it addresses the problem. https://michaelweening.com/2012/11/04/jura-says-system-filling-error/

JeanC123asked

I was glad to read these reviews. Cold frother seems to be the main issue. I notice mostly favourable responses get a reply. This is concerning, this has turned me off my purchase. Have the issues been resolved?

Bob E

I have been told that these machines are set to European standards where they like coffee "piddly warm". This is Australia though, you think the factory would have preset milk temperature settings to suit us Aussies.

Jura A.JURA Australia

Dear JeanC123, we have demonstrators in most stores i would recommend testing a machine to see if it suites your requirements.

JeanC123

being Scottish, I like a fairly hot coffee and have problems with "piddly warm" coffee a lot. The question if the issue had been resolved wasn't answered by Jura A. I take it that they haven't been.

peter m.asked

why is the default espresso water volume set to 45mL. shouldn’t it be 30? Even using the 8 bean aroma setting, it would be over extracting on 45, wouldn’t it?

Egidio
Egidioasked

How to make drink hotter on Jura we8?

Jura A.JURA Australia

Hi Egidio, thank you for your question. we need to make sure all products are set on temp high in the programming mode. if you could kindly email your details to support2@au.jura.com we can email step by step instruction to increase the temp.

Bob E

Why not just set the machine to HOT to start off with. If I buy a new car I expect to drive it immediately, not take it home and fiddle with settings. Not good Jura :-(

Chrisasked

I have had the Jura E8 for 2 months and the coffee comes out too cold. Both the espresso and the milk are too cold. The taste of the coffee doesn't seem right and seems weak compared to our other espresso maker so I'm thinking that the water temp going through the coffee is to cold. I can warm up the coffee in a microwave after but this doesn't help the taste of the coffee. Any suggestions?

Dear Chris,
Thank you for your question, have you changed the temp to high in the export mode?
Jura Support team

Chris

Thanks for your response. I turned the temp to high in the expert mode but, the coffeee, espresso and the milk are all still too cold.

Jura A.JURA Australia

Thanks Chris could you kindly confirm the programming example espresso how many mls, cap how many secs of milk.

Coffee
Coffeeasked

My coffee machine needs cleaning but too hot shoes up. Any help?

Arie
Arieasked

Hi.
Recently I have upgraded myself with Jura E8.
the coffee strength is selected via a 8 beans display. No mention of strengthe in grams or spoons.
what is the conversion ratio i.e bean for grams of coffee?
Tx, Arie

S.Oates
S.Oatesasked

Hi recently bought a Jura E8. Why is it that the coffee doesn't come out of the spout but comes out where the milk comes out

Cheers

Shayne

Not me
Not me

The coffee only comes out of the spout (just behind the milk) when making cappacuino or flat white. (Milky drinks) the main ones in the middle for espresso. Hope this answered your question.

William
William

probably due to a faulty pinch valve

Mark
Markasked

I’m considering purchasing this model but quite concerned with the questions around temperature of the coffee and/or milk. Seems many have this issue as well. Why isn’t the solution, which seems to be a system Configuration not published?

Lanz

I run through a glass of hot water after the machine turns on its seems to heat up the lines more but of course a latte is full of milk so the milk is hot but not roasting it’s fine but I guess each to their own with how hot u like it. I love this machine especially with comparison to other brands,

Rossco
Rosscoasked

well ive read all coments what machine makes hot coffee with all the features of this machine surly there is one that you can dial up the temp cheers Rossco

Matt J.
Matt J.asked

Help! Having the same problem as others on this thread regarding the milk not getting hot for a latte. Temp is coming in at 117 Fahrenheit consistently. If I heat the milk up prior, it throws off the foam. What’s the answer, please help!

Lara r
Lara rasked

I just purchased the jura WE8 and both the espresso and the cappuccino are not hot, not even warm. I did change the settings to high. For a 2000$ i at least need warm coffee. Any solutions or do i have to return it?

Christineasked

I have the same issue as Kim below, and that our coffee and milk drinks are just "warm". I have gone through to set all of the settings to High temp, but after making any drink, especially with milk, we have to head to the microwave to "heat" it up. Please help as I want to LOVE this coffee maker?
- Christine

Doug

I am afraid you will have to do what we did. This machine is great quality but the milk side of the drinks is very poor. In short it is not fit for purpose and you should return it and say so, there is no way to get a hot cappuccino from this machine. We returned ours and purchased the Sunbeam Torino but this is not for everyone, our friends have the Jura E6 and swear by it for hot drinks. It is important when purchasing one of these coffee machines that you get the sales staff to make you a cup of coffee from the machine you are going to purchase not the top of the range version they usually demo. It is not your problem if they only want to demo one machine after all they want you to spent up to $2000 on a machine so you have the right to request a demo of the machine you are thinking of purchasing.

Christine

Doug, thank you so very much for taking the time for your response and feedback. I do love the coffee from this machine, but am definitely reconsidering due to the lack of temperature to the milk. I will keep your thoughts in mind when looking....good points sir. Thanks again.

Kim t
Kim tasked

Just got a Jura for Christmas. I have receptacles under all the outlets, but my drip tray keeps filling with water. Is this defective and do I need to return it?

Dear Kim t,
Thank you for your question, no this is a normal process the machine puts water through the brew unit to keep it clean, its the part that moves up and down when you turn on and off and making coffee the water is to remove any build up of coffee and keeps the brew unit moving up and down
JURA SUPPORT TEAM

Jonathan
Jonathanasked

Milk won’t move they the line when trying to make a latte; plenty of steam but no milk. Any ideas?

Lanz

Do you clean the tube regularly, use a pipe cleaner to clean it and I always clean the line after using it by choosing hot water setting to flush it out

Get an answer from our members and JURA Australia representatives