3Jura E8

Jura E8 Questions & Answers

VerifiedMPNs:15372, 15490, 15498 and 2 more
Giuseppe I.
Giuseppe I.

When using ground coffee on Jura e8 it says machine filling but no coffee comes out but works normal when grinding coffee

JURA Australia   DM

Hi Giuseppe, thank you for contacting us, in order to best understand the issue, can you please message us with your best contact details (name, email and phone number) and a team member from our Support team will get back to you | JURA Australia

Matt

Hi I just bought the new Jura E8 how do you name the coffees on the screen?

vyonne
vyonne

To do that, press next to the cog wheel down the bottom left hand corner on the front of the screen, that will take you to a green cog which is settings, press the square next to it, press next to the arrow in the green screen down the bottom right, press next to product name, press active and save. That’s it, then press the back arrow until you get back to the front screen again. This is all in the instructions, maybe read that section cause that also tells you where to position your favourite drinks and a few other tips.

JURA Australia   DM

Hi Matt, the instructions in the comments above are correct (Thanks for your help Vyonne). You can activate "Product name" in settings to see what coffees are on the screen. If you need further assistance, please feel free to contact our Customer Support team on 1300 285 872. Kind regards | JURA Australia.

Matt

Thanks very much Vyonne really appreciate it

James R.

Hi, we have just purchased a Jura E8 machine to replace an old Saeco Exprellia. The E8 works well however not being able to control the amount of milk foam is becoming frustrating. The salesman did say if we bought the more expensive one you got a tap, and I see the previous model had a tap as well.
Is this issue able to be resolved, for the amount of money we spent you would expect some control of the foam.

Deanne B
Deanne B

Go into setting select product and u can change what u need to make your perfect cuppa

JURA Australia   DM

Hi James, thank you for your enquiry. Unfortunately, the E8 model you purchased does not have the ability to adjust or control the milk foam consistency. The model best suited for this option would be either the S8 or Z10 machine. The salesperson did give you the correct information. This particular model is one of several machines where the milk foam consistency cannot be adjusted. Please let me know if there is anything else I can assist you with. Leoni, JURA Support

James R.

It is impossible to know what a machine does without using it. Why can’t Jura just make a tap to got the E8 like the previous model? Looks like it would cost about $10 to convert the old one to fit?

Marie

Can you please tell me which pic on the display refers to a flat white? I have just purchased E8 this week and have not been able to get past a half a cup of coffee. Am wasting more than I am making just trying to decipher the pics. Can you please advise what names belong to each pic on the display screen. Would be so much more helpful. Thanks.

Pauline
Pauline

Ah, yes. It puzzled us for some while. When we got the machine there were no names under each of the coffee pictures, but I found you can automatically add them by going to Machine settings (page 22 of the manual) and go to 'Product name'.

Marie

Thanks for your reply. I will try that and hopefully get an answer that way. It’s very frustrating.

JURA Australia   DM

Hi Marie, Thank you for your enquiry. You can activate the names of the pictures by clicking on the Cog Wheel. This will take you into the maintenance section of the machine. Click the Cog Wheel again and scroll through the pages till you see Product Name, Change the status to Active and then save. This will now display the name of the coffees. Hope this helps.

Marie

Hi there. Thank you for your reply. I have managed to find it and set the names. I did have a reply from someone who also advised me where to find the info in the manual.

Matthew J.
Matthew J.

Can I put ground coffee through a E8 coffee machine

JURA Australia   DM

Hi Matthew, Yes you can put ground coffee through a E8 coffee machine.
There is a powder chute at the back of the machine. We recommend using ground coffee which is not ground too finely.
Kind regards

Andre M.
Andre M.

Hi
My Jura E8 takes very long to make a coffee and water only comes out of one of the two nozzles?
What is going on?

JURA Australia   DM

Hi Andre, can you advise on when you have last performed a tablet clean?

Moses L.
Moses L.

Jura S8.
Express coffe comes out not hot enough in the high settings temp. Happens with water at 45ml or less. If I set it to 70ml the coffe comes out very hot
How to fix it ?

JURA Australia   DM

Hi Moses, please call us at 1300 285 872. Thanks!

Jill G.
Jill G.

How do I adjust temperature for hotter coffee on Jura E8?

Hi Jill, please call us at 1300 285 872. Kind regards, JURA Australia

ALP
ALP

On each coffee setting hold the button Gives you the option to change product settings. You can scroll through and change strength, temp and volume then save each coffee type.

Carol
Carol

I’ve tried this and I can only change the strength and nothing else I’m still trying to work it out on our E8

Andie

Unboxed brand new E8 today and the milk will not froth. Set temp settings to high and barely lukewarm. Devastated to have replaced my zillion years old Z5 with way more features with a machine that cost over 50% more that does way less and won’t even complete a basic function.

Jessica Hamilton

I didn’t have any problems I think you have got a dud machine. Best option would be to contact Jura directly and if you are in Melbourne visit their showroom in Hawthorn. Sorry I can’t help you.
Cheers

Andie

Whilst playing with settings today, accidentally made a very cappuccino looking flat white and it frothed fine. Pity Jura wouldn’t answer their phone so I could find out why this is.

Hi Andie, please contact us at 1300 285 872

Andie

I tried that this morning but didn’t receive any help at all. Have sent a private message.

JURA Australia   DM

Hi Andie, thank you, we have replied.

Mark E.

Hello Jura very disappointed with my E8 milk system —- obviously i stuffed up when i purchased it as i wanted it to make the traditional flat white with hot milk —- can i modify the e8 inta to make hot milk ?
If i cannot is it possible to trade it in to get a machine that will make a flat white with hot milk ?

JURA Australia   DM

Hi Mark, please contact us under 1300 285 872 and we are happy to assist you.

Stephanie G.
Stephanie G.

Hi how did this go? The flat white is so frothy we have to clean it off before we drink it

JURA Australia   DM

Hi Stephanie, for a traditional Australia Flat White, the E8 is not the recommended machine as it produces a very European Milk Froth, when did you purchase your machine and did you consult a JURA Live Consultant or a staff member in-store when making your purchase?

Mark E.

Well Jura came through and helped me upgrade to the Z10 - perfect coffee - best customer service I’ve received from any company in my life -great machine- thanks you for all your help
Regards
Mark

Mark E.

Jura we’re fantastic and i traded for a z10 - i paid the difference between the price - Jura we’re great all the way through

Sharon S.

Hi, I have purchased a Jura E8. And want to know how to make the milk hotter and less froth on a flat white
Thanks Sharon

Jessica Hamilton

Hi Sharon my husband drinks a flat white and we found it better to increase the coffee mls to 60-70 and reduce the milk to 10 seconds. This is fine in a thermo small cup.

Sharon S.

Thank you so much.. will try that and see how it goes

Deeccceee

We heat seperate milk in the microwave.
We do half froth with the machine then pour in the hot milk from the microwave. Its soooo disapointing they took away the fine milk frother on the new E8 model as the last model let you turn a nozzle to do either flat white milk or frothed milk. They now only have this option on the most expensive model. I won't be upgrading to another Jura if they don't bring it back on there next model.

JURA Australia   DM

Hi Sharon, thank you for your question. Please feel free to call our customer support under 1300 825 872 and we can walk you through those steps. The change in the recent E8 model did take away the dial for flat milk, this can be found however in other models, and not only in our most expensive ones.

Sharon S.

Hi, I have tried to call the 1300825872 number and it is coming up call cannot be connected?

Hi Sharon, apologies, there was a typo - 1300 285 872

Sharon S.

Thank you. Have called and now waiting for callback. I’m hoping that we can resolve the issues as it was bought as a Xmas gift - and the person isn’t using it because coffee isn’t hot enough and milk is too frothy :)

Ellen D.

Sharon S - did you find a solution? I'm very disappointed by the milk system on my new E8. None of the milk drinks resemble what you'd get at a cafe because they are way too frothy... This should be stated on the product page of the Jura AU website.

JURA Australia   DM

Hi Ellen, we're sorry to hear about your disappointment. If you'd like a resolution, please provide us with your best contact details (email and phone number), a member of our customer support team will contact you to resolve the issue. Kind regards | JURA Australia

Karen W.
Karen W.

Stirring while the milk pours greatly reduces the foaminess and makes it more like an Aussie fw

Jono

I love my Jura E8 but having to buy new water filters regularly is expensive to run. I always use filtered water. Even though I keep changing the filter when asked to it still asks for a cleaning. Can you advise on this?

JURA Australia   DM

Hi Jono, please call us at 1300 285 872 and we are happy to assist you.

Jessica Hamilton

Hi Jono my machine hasn’t said that yet. We live in Melbourne which has soft water. The milk tablets go fast but Kelly at Harvey Norman gave me extras which I was very happy about. Sorry I can’t answer your question. Merry Christmas

Jono

Thank you Jessica, I have since spoken to Jura and they advised me to set the water hardness to 1, mine was on 6. I thought this might be a tip for you to check.?

Guruis

Hello regarding there E8 inta model, what does the machine default to if I fill both ground coffee and beans at the same time?
Mornings I like espresso beans and evenings I like ground decaf.

JURA Australia   DM

Hi, thank you for your question. Your machine would dispose of the ground coffee in the powder chute if you do not use it for the next drink.

Guruis

So even if my bean container is full, it will always empty the ground coffee first?

JURA Australia   DM

Hi Gurius, yes, when the powder chute is opened while the machine is running, the machine would prepare a coffee with the ground coffee.

Guruis

Another question with the 8 bean settings, how many would represent the equivalent of 1 shot?

JURA Australia   DM

The beans resemble the coffee's strength, not the volume. One shot of Espresso is 45 ml and we recommend adjusting the bean setting to your personal taste.

Guruis

Hi Anna regarding the ground over beans again, I’ve tried everything I can but it always wants to choose beans unless it’s completely empty.
Is it just sensitive at times?
Does the powder chute lid need to remain open (is there a sensor that detects ground has been put in?)

JURA Australia   DM

You have to select the ground coffee option, and only put the ground coffee in while the machine is turned on.

Guruis

Please give me directions where select it for an E8 inta 15372.
I know the older models lifting the lid, on the screen it will ask you to add ground coffee and close the lid, but this new one says nothing at all.

Guruis

Have we found a solution or is my machine faulty?

Hi, please call us at 1300 285 872 to receive further instructions

Michael O.

Hi, I have a Jura Z8, and it takes up to 10 minutes to for the temperature to increase to make a white coffee. Is there anything I could do to fix this problem or is this normal. I'm sure it used to heat up much quicker when I purchase it.

JURA Australia   DM

Hi Michael, thank you for your question. Did you perform all recent maintenance procedures?

Michael O.

I'be changed the filter, done a major descale and always use the chemical to clean the milk system.

Hi michael, please call us under 1300 285 872 and we are happy to assist you

Anders B.
Anders B.

Does the Jura E8 have cup counter ? ( can not find this)

JURA Australia   DM

Hi Anders, no the JURA E8 has no cup count. However, your local JURA dealer might be able to determine your cup count. Kind regards, JURA Australia

Danita B.
Danita B.

All my drinks have the save option except the latte?? It did when I first got it but doesn’t now! Any advice?? Thanks!

JURA Australia   DM

Hi Danita, please call us at 1300 285 872 and we will assist you with this. Kind regards, JURA Australia

Jessica Hamilton

Hi I have the same problem. How do I make a latte? It’s the most popular drink in Aus yet it’s not an option on the E8

JURA Australia   DM

Hi Jessica, thank you for your question. The E8 does not offer a latte in the pre-set menu, however, you can customize a Flat White to be like a latte with the right settings.

Aaron P.

Hi there - I do love my E8, but the thing that is really disappointing is the inability to adjust the amount of foam/froth in the milk. Our household loves flat whites, but the milk froth takes up half of the cup, hardly a flat white! Can anything be done to reduce the massive amount of milk froth? This is my only gripe with the E8.

Deeccceee

This is my exact same disappointment. When I called to complain to Jura they said you could only adjust the milk froth on the model above now which is $600 more! So disappointing when this used to be a feature on the old Jura E8.

Aaron P.

Yes same, I contacted Jura too, was told the same thing. Their solution was the up sale. When I asked if they would consider a trade in of my 12 month old machine, they offered a 20% off the more expensive model! What a joke! Paid over $2k for a machine that you can’t adjust the milk froth! I dunno, fool me once…..

JURA Australia   DM

Hi Aaron and Deecceee, thank you for your reviews on our JURA E8. We are sorry to hear that our E8 does not meet your expectations. We generally recommend a consultation with a JURA Live consultant or a JURA-trained staff member to find the machine that meets your exact coffee needs as this may vary from machine to machine as they reflect European Coffee Beverages. Please email us at redemption-au@jura.com to further investigate this matter and we will happily assist with finding the right machine for you. Kind regards, JURA Australia

Brian
Brian

I have the same issue - far too much foam and no way to adjust this. I have had the machine for only a few months and looked at a lot of reviews. I don't recall seeing anywhere that this latest model of the E8 did not have the ability to adjust the amount of foam. It is nice to know that this function is available in the higher and more expensive S8 model, but it was outside of my price bracket at the time, and it wasn't clear in all the reviews that this was a difference in the features of the two machines. Perhaps if jura was happy to upgrade my machine at no additional cost then I could consider it? Is it possible to upgrade the milk frother on the E8 to be the same as the old model or the S8? (BTW I had a Jura S9 which worked solidly for 20 years and decided to upgrade just recently - so I am a fan of the brand).

JURA Australia   DM

Hi Brian, thank you for your detailed review. Please email us at anna.rizaev@jura.com to review this again. Kind regards, JURA Australia

Grant Godwin

Exactly the same issue here. $2000 machine that doesn't produce decent milk that $500 machines can. The 2021 model is a downgrade on the earlier model, and after convincing the wife to spend this sort of money on a coffee machine it's safe to say we are disappointed. Upgrading from a $2000 machine to get decent textured milk is not a resolution

JURA Australia   DM

Hi Grant, thank you for your review, when have you purchased your machine and did you consult a JURA team member prior to your purchase?

Grant Godwin

The device was purchased based on dozens of solid reviews that don’t mention this issue. It only pops up when you search specifically. I think it’s fair to expect a flat white to be a flat white on such an expensive machine

Aaron P.

Yeah totally - and they are not helpful at Jura at all. All they ask is did you consult with a Jura team member before you purchased. What help is that?! Totally misleading and false advertising having a flat white drink on the machine menu and it not making a flat white.

Grant Godwin

Will give support the opportunity to resolve before I comment any further, I have reached out directly as well. I’ll leave a review after we've worked through the issue

JURA Australia   DM

Hi Grant, we have messaged you, please look out for our response. Thank you!

Ellen D.

How'd you go Grant Godwin? Did you find an acceptable solution to the milk problem on E8?

Liz
Liz

How long does a filter last.

JURA Australia   DM

Hi Liz, thanks for your question. There is no exact answer to this as it depends on your water hardness and the number of drinks you consume daily, but usually, a filter with a machine set to a soft water hardness with under 10 drinks a day should last for a few months when installed properly. Kind regards, JURA Australia

10whaleys

help i accidentally chose the 'use without filter' option on my e8 jura capressa, how do I get the option to use filter back?

JURA Australia   DM

Hi, thank you for your question. Are you referring to our JURA E8?

JURA Australia   DM

Hi, you should be able to select this in the maintenance section of your machine in the programming interface.

10whaleys

No option for it in any of the programming

JURA Australia   DM

If you cannot locate the setting, I would suggest setting the machine back to factory settings in the Programming Interface and then selecting the filter option when restarting the machine.

10whaleys

How do I do that? No options are given for it in my programming

JURA Australia   DM

Hi, thank you for your question. Touch ' P ' on the JURA coffee machine display. Click the Machine setting symbol. Press ‘ > ’ until the ‘Factory setting’ is displayed. Tap ‘ Factory setting ’. You will see a reset ‘Reset the machine to the factory setting?’ message, confirm by clicking Yes. The ‘ Saved ’ message will appear briefly on the display and JURA E8 will be switched off. When turning on again it will be set to factory settings

10whaleys

I did all this , but my machine options do not include the factory reset option. I scroll right to the fifth and last ‘page’ and my options ate as follows: clean, descale, clean the milk system

10whaleys

Number five option is water hardness. No factory reset option is offered on my E8

JURA Australia   DM

You have to press the little screw symbol, this then takes you to machine settings and there is a button for factory resetting.

Nikki
Nikki

Hi, I have have upgraded from jura ena micro 90 to the E8, when clean shows on the E8 am I still able to make a coffee before I clean the machine like I could with my previous jura? Also same question when replace filter shows up? Thanks

JURA Australia   DM

Hi Nikki, thank you for your question. You should be able to still make a coffee when the machine prompts you to clean it, however, we do not recommend waiting on either this or a filter change for too long. Kind regards, JURA Australia

Get an answer from our members and JURA Australia representatives