Jura E8

35 questions from our users

Mark S
Mark Sasked

Hi
Have just purchased Jura E8. How do you make cold brew flat white?

BaK

Not been there yet so Jura help desk may be able to help you. Cheers BaK

Claudia K.

Do you mean an iced flat white? Cold brewed coffee is prepared without coffee machine, it’s coarsly grinded coffee beans combined with tap water (1:10 or 1:5).

Anna R.JURA AustraliaSend a private message

Hi Mark, thank you for our question. Our JURA E8 only does hot coffee drinks, if you would like to enjoy cold brew beverages our Z10 would be a better suiting machine for you. Kind regards, JURA Australia

Maryam R.asked

Is this coffee machine supposed to sound like a tractor going through the kitchen when extracting the coffee?. Mine does and is driving me insane

Claudia K.

The coffee machine is simply grinding the beans to get this fresh nice coffee taste. I agree that this process makes unusual noises, but I personally do not mind as the machine delivers the perfect coffee.

Maryam R.

The noice is not the coffee grinder, is the water pumping through the coffee

Maryam R.asked

How can the temperature increase for a hot coffee, i don't get a near enough hot coffee, its very disappointing

BaK

Hi Maryam-looks like Anna has answered your question-our temperature worked well for us from the start. I've found Jura support service helpful when required. Enjoy BaK

Norm P.
Norm P.asked

Coffee not hot enough and milk barely frothing

JURA AustraliaJURA AustraliaSend a private message
Olya G.
Olya G.asked

Hello, I purchased my Jura E8 just recently, and I have clicked on "Cleaning the milk system" accidently, but did not have the milk pipe connected. The machine was making steam for about 4 minutes going through cleaning. Could I have damaged my machine by doing this?

JURA AustraliaJURA AustraliaSend a private message

Hi Olya, not to worry, you have not damaged your machine. The steam was simply a result of the air moving through the milk pipe instead of the cleaning solution. Better luck next time! Kind Regards, JURA Australia

Claudia K.

I did exactly the same as the description in the user manual is not very good. Dear Jura Customer Team, please change the description in future, let us customers know that the pipe has to be connected the very first time. Thank you.

Todd
Toddasked

Hi, I just purchased a Jura E8 and with all milk drinks, the coffee is cold. Temperature settings are all on high. How do i fix this issue?

Wicher B.
Wicher B.

I have the same problem, the milk only heats a little bit and no froth.

Jura AustraliaJURA AustraliaSend a private message
Jura AustraliaJURA AustraliaSend a private message
Lynn L.
Lynn L.asked

Hi, I just purchased a Jura E8 and when I make any drink with milk, the coffee is cold. I do not have any adjustments I can make to the temperature of the milk as everything is automated. Temperature settings are all on high. Can you help me address this issue?

Dear Lynn. L
Thank you for your question, We do have a restrictor available that will heat the milk by 5'c if you could kindly email your postal address to kylie.boyd@jura.com I will arrange one to be sent to resolve this issue.
JURA

Doug
Dougasked

I usually drink Americanos. For20 years I have used a Jura Impressa F9. I can make it with the push of a single button— no need to add heated water. What machine does that these days? Thanks!

Jura A.JURA AustraliaSend a private message

Dear Doug, all machines will produce black coffee, the ena 8 have a smaller brew unit and the E line and up have the bigger brew unit so if you like strong coffee i would suggest the E6.
JURA

Glenda S.
Glenda S.asked

Not a question, more of a thank you for your reviews. I can see by these that the support seems to be there for positive comments as regards problems with the machine there doesn't appear to be support or queries answered. A lot of maintenance seems to be an issue. Also the milk system. Maybe I will wait until these issues are resolved then look again at this machine. Thank you

Maryam R.

Good idea, i wish i had done so too.
Good luck

Sue sasked

I'm posting this again, my Jura E8 milk frothier is blasting the milk more than before always clean it after use.

The Reviewer
The Reviewer

Why have you avoided contacting them directly for an immediate answer ?

Sue s

Thought this was the contact site

Sue sasked

Have two Jura machines a Z6 at home and an E8 at our holiday home, used regularly but of late the milk is blasting out, can u help, it's cleaned regularly.

Sunny
Sunny
Sue s

Yes I do clean it after use

Bob E

These machines are "HIGH" maintenance. I certainly would never buy another

peter m.asked

my e8 perfomed well for the first 2 months and then I changed the water filter. Since then it periodically says “system filling” after switching on and the coffee splutters out. I have used hot water to get rid of air bubbles a few times, but it happens again later. I think a bit of water filter has lodged inside and is letting air in. Not very good for a new machine

JeanC123asked

I was glad to read these reviews. Cold frother seems to be the main issue. I notice mostly favourable responses get a reply. This is concerning, this has turned me off my purchase. Have the issues been resolved?

Bob E

I have been told that these machines are set to European standards where they like coffee "piddly warm". This is Australia though, you think the factory would have preset milk temperature settings to suit us Aussies.

Jura A.JURA AustraliaSend a private message

Dear JeanC123, we have demonstrators in most stores i would recommend testing a machine to see if it suites your requirements.

JeanC123

being Scottish, I like a fairly hot coffee and have problems with "piddly warm" coffee a lot. The question if the issue had been resolved wasn't answered by Jura A. I take it that they haven't been.

peter m.asked

why is the default espresso water volume set to 45mL. shouldn’t it be 30? Even using the 8 bean aroma setting, it would be over extracting on 45, wouldn’t it?

Egidio
Egidioasked

How to make drink hotter on Jura we8?

Jura A.JURA AustraliaSend a private message

Hi Egidio, thank you for your question. we need to make sure all products are set on temp high in the programming mode. if you could kindly email your details to support2@au.jura.com we can email step by step instruction to increase the temp.

Bob E

Why not just set the machine to HOT to start off with. If I buy a new car I expect to drive it immediately, not take it home and fiddle with settings. Not good Jura :-(

Chrisasked

I have had the Jura E8 for 2 months and the coffee comes out too cold. Both the espresso and the milk are too cold. The taste of the coffee doesn't seem right and seems weak compared to our other espresso maker so I'm thinking that the water temp going through the coffee is to cold. I can warm up the coffee in a microwave after but this doesn't help the taste of the coffee. Any suggestions?

Dear Chris,
Thank you for your question, have you changed the temp to high in the export mode?
Jura Support team

Chris

Thanks for your response. I turned the temp to high in the expert mode but, the coffeee, espresso and the milk are all still too cold.

Jura A.JURA AustraliaSend a private message

Thanks Chris could you kindly confirm the programming example espresso how many mls, cap how many secs of milk.

Coffee
Coffeeasked

My coffee machine needs cleaning but too hot shoes up. Any help?

Arie
Arieasked

Hi.
Recently I have upgraded myself with Jura E8.
the coffee strength is selected via a 8 beans display. No mention of strengthe in grams or spoons.
what is the conversion ratio i.e bean for grams of coffee?
Tx, Arie

S.Oates
S.Oatesasked

Hi recently bought a Jura E8. Why is it that the coffee doesn't come out of the spout but comes out where the milk comes out

Cheers

Shayne

Not me
Not me

The coffee only comes out of the spout (just behind the milk) when making cappacuino or flat white. (Milky drinks) the main ones in the middle for espresso. Hope this answered your question.

William
William

probably due to a faulty pinch valve

Mark
Markasked

I’m considering purchasing this model but quite concerned with the questions around temperature of the coffee and/or milk. Seems many have this issue as well. Why isn’t the solution, which seems to be a system Configuration not published?

Lanz