3Jura E8

83 reviews · Statistics

67%13%19%
Product is used
  • Daily (62)
  • Several times a week (1)

Wayne
WayneNSWSydney Surrounds, NSW4 posts

Could be better

Coffee is good, nice, smooth finish, but that is, mainly, up to the beans. Needs wording to either accompany the icons or replace them. Too many errors in obtaining desired coffee Show details ·  2
B1RD1E
B1RD1EAU57 posts

Purchased this from Sacha at Harvey Norman Frankston

Great price and performance. The E8 has many modes and many ways to clean the machine.Chose to buy the optional water filter as it saves the machine from descaling. Holds plenty of water, coffee and grinds....Like the automation and numerous setting for all modes of coffee. Coffee grinds auto alerts when full ............Would buy again.

Sam
Sam13 posts

Read before you buy- Excellent coffee machine - great customer care by Jura- However; Milk Frother issues

Was Very happy with coffee machine, it has a lot of presets and options to be able to customize own taste. I had a previous coffee machine and I could hardly taste the flavours of the coffee. The E8 allows me to extract a lot of the flavour from the beans which in love. The customer support is great - I asked about how I could make the milk more hotter and they were extremely quick to respond and provide me with a solution. Unfortunately with hotter milk it means more foam. If I wanted a hot cup off coffee I had to have half a cup of foam. If iwanted less foam, I had to put up with a warm cup off coffee. Show details
Nic
Nic

Beautiful Coffee Machine

We recently upgraded from an earlier model Jura machine which lasted nearly lasted 10 years. I really love the sleekness, features and ease of the E8 coffee machine AND it is so quiet. My main frustration is any of the coffees that use a higher milk content are just luke warm, almost tepid. I would love if the machine could be programmed for a hotter coffee, not sure if this is a fault or just the settings. Show details ·  1
Claire
ClaireQLDSouth East Queensland, QLD5 posts

Trevor
Trevor4 posts

Ankit
Ankit VICGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC4 posts

Constant issues with milk frother!

My issues with the machine continues to happen. I posted the issues few months ago and was sent a replacement tool but I still can't get milk to come out and it just sprays all over the place and then all I get is coffee later. I need this machine replaced caused it's not my fault these issues persist. I hope for a better outcome this time.
Scott the Magnificent
Scott the MagnificentNSWHunter Region, NSW

Not able to make extra hot coffee

Every other feature and selection for a standard coffee is good and it is easy to use, except the machine is not able to raise the temperature for making extra hot coffee. Show details
JURA Australia
JURA Australia   DM

Dear Scott, Thank you for your review we do have a restrictor that will heat the milk up to 3'c to 5'c degrees if you would like us to send one out please email your postal details to kylie.boyd@jura.com. Kind Regards
JURA Support team

Ian Faneco
Ian FanecoSAMetropolitan Adelaide, SA2 posts

Fantastic coffee, every time

Our Jura E8 provides us with fantastic coffee, everytime. The only downside is having to clean the milk system after every use, a small price to pay for great coffee. Show details ·  1
Heather
HeatherQLDNorth Queensland, QLD2 posts

Note regarding a previous review by Bob E

Like Bob E we were disappointed with the amount of maintenance required including changing the filter, cleaning the milk system etc so we voiced our concerns to Jura. All our issues were answered promptly and, with one simple step, ie extending the auto turn off time on the machine, problems appear to be sorted. I also purchased the plastic milk system cleaner container and use water in it and now do two hot milk portions using the water after every couple of coffees and the milk system is fine. I also rinse out the milk dispenser hose after every coffee. Hope this helps Show details ·  1
AJB
AJBNSWIllawarra, NSW3 posts

I couldn't be happier with my purchase

I received this as a Christmas gift and couldn't be happier! Excellent tasting coffee with various settings to be able to personalise taste. Purchased the fancy (not chilled) milk canister and stainless steel hose for a tidy appearance. Very easy to operate and did I mention the coffee tastes wonderful?!  Show details ·  1
george kukawski
george kukawski

Awesome ,perfect coffee every time,!

All facets positive no criticism at all.superior to the earlier model.easy to clean,great customer service.l can say no more.suggest you reduce your text requirement to less than the thirty word min!,,, Show details ·  1
Raff
RaffSAMetropolitan Adelaide, SA4 posts

Great machine and support

When I bought the E8 and tried it I noticed the milk coming out with too much steam and thought something wasn’t right. A local representative Annie was so helpful and willing to give me a replacement part (on a public holiday) with no questions asked.
Coming from manual machines I didn’t expect the milk to be latte art quality but when adjusting the steam pressure I found that I can get it really close which is exactly what I wanted when I can’t be bothered with the manual machine.
Really happy with the quality and great local support too.
Highly recommend this unit. Show details ·  1
Andy R.
Andy R.Perth8 posts

Jura E8, better than the F8

This machine, although not cheap, makes excellent coffee, hotter than the F8. The F8 made over 6,000 units before it died. I hope to get the same from the E8. The controls are all intuitive and allow for variation. Very happy. Show details ·  1
Sunny
SunnyQLDSouth East Queensland, QLD2 posts

Machine has broken down after 6 weeks

I have had my E8 for approximately 6 weeks and have enjoyed good coffee, Unfortunately though this week the milk foamer nozzle just dropped off into the cup as it was preparing the drink. On closer inspection it looks like rubber seals or seat has failed and the nozzle won't seat back in its housing so when the milk ejects through the foamer the nozzle just gets blown into the cup and milk sprays every where. I am now having to use a 3rd party milk foamer along side the machine, The machine does make ok coffee I'm just disappointed i can't use it to its full potential even after following guidelines on cleaning and rinsing the machine and foamer. Show details
Bob ENSWHunter Region, NSW7 posts

Not happy

Makes great coffee, but the machine needs constant maintenance. The milk tube and foamer constantly block and need disassembly to clean them. Almost from day one it told me the filter needs replacing (I use filtered water in my machine). I think it represents poor value for money. Show details
Bob E

Have a look at all the good comments - Jura has thanked them for the great reviews, but not ONE single comment to the poor reviews. Sad :-(

Giuseppe Jaculli
Giuseppe JaculliNSWIllawarra, NSW

Jura e8

I find my Jura E8 coffee machine awesome .
I have had it now 2 years and 5 months.
The only thing I don’t like is the milk is not hot enough, even when you program it to be hot.
Apart from that.. A beautiful piece of machinery. Show details ·  1
Brenton  Locke
Brenton LockeSACentral, SA

Must have in everyone’s life, perfect for us

We had an old Jura, over 10 years so when she broke down we had to have another as she has always been great to us.
The Coffee is always perfect Show details ·  1
Sheree M.
Sheree M.Victoria

Coffee is cold... and the milk stopped froffing

For a machine that is over $2,000 - it is the biggest waste of money. We have had the machine since September 2019. Over that time we have had to increase our milk on both the flat white and cuppacino by nearly double time to just get the milk out. It’s always been cold and I’ve had to heat it for 20 seconds in the microwave! The temp settings are on high... and I can’t get them any higher! The Froffer isn’t as good as it used to be. We rinse the milk system before and after our coffees and I descale half way along the red line (descaling twice as often) to try and make it work better! I absolutely hate the machine and few we were absolutely ripped off! Show details
Edwin M
Edwin MWAPeel, WA7 posts

Avoid this machine

Waste of Money. As mentioned by other reviews on this page (which I wish I read before buying this machine), milk a little above luke warm, flat white is way too foamy more like a Cappuccino. Called Jura, can't adjust amount of foam on this machine . You cant have simple warmed/hot milk only foamy milk. Show details
Sanja
SanjaWAPerth, WA46 posts

Best Coffee machine

It is definitely one of the best machines, if it was only a little more affordable it would be perfect. The coffee is ground so well and the taste is delicious. Show details ·  1
Not me
Not me13 posts
  Fair Incentive

Perfect jura E8

Bought 6 month ago best machine on the market. Coffee taste nice froth milk and easy to use. Love jura. The only think milk not that hot when frothing. Other then that worth every cent. Show details ·  1
Rita
Rita2 posts

Cold milk frother

We wanted a completely automatic machine and purchased a Jura. The coffee was really good but the milk frother did not make the milk hot enough. When I contacted Jura they told me to warm up my cup or microwave the milk before hand. That seemed silly to me I could have purchased a cheaper machine and bought a milk frother. I ended up buying a milk frother from Starbucks and used that for a while. Then I purchased a Breville and it does everything the Jura did with a bigger water tank and bean holder and the milk frother makes the milk as hot. Show details
Lanz
LanzWAPeel, WA15 posts

What a fantastic Machine Jura

This coffee machine is so smart, it makes a hot coffee, perfect lattes, perfect function for frothing milk. We love our jura and would definitely purchase again in the future, they are reknowned for being the best coffee machine on the market. The E8 is quiet, slimline, looks great and best of all makes exactly what I want it to make. perfect cups of coffee everytime.

Doug
DougWAPerth, WA4 posts

Don't believe them

We have had our Jura E8 for two weeks now and the coffee temperature is terrible. Jura's solution to our complaints is to heat the cup with boiling water first and then make the coffee with the frother set to no froth and then microwave the coffee. How do you make a cappuccino without the creamy texture and why should I waste power and water to solve a coffee making problem caused bu their machine. Also in case you ask we have changed all the possible settings in the machine. In short this machine is a genuine waste of my money ($1880 AU) and it looks like I am not going to be able to rectify it through Jura. Problem solved thanks to Harvey Norman, returned the jura and purchased the Sunbeam Torino.. now this makes great coffee

JillyATL
JillyATLCumming2 posts

Sally Browne
Sally BrowneQLDCentral Queensland, QLD3 posts

Fantastic Machine

I bought this for my husband who absolutely loves his coffee, but only bought a nice coffee from Maccas and we only had instant at home, he has tried all of the different cups of coffee the machine has to offer and he loves them all, even my sons love it

Haley J
Haley JNSWSydney, NSW5 posts

This is so quiet and makes good coffee

When I wanted a coffee machine I test drove a number at a trade fair. I wanted a quiet and reliable machine that did everything I don’t have time to do. The Jura is outstanding and the quality of coffee it produces is professional and better than that I can buy from my local cafe. I love the Jura

Rick
Rick

Consuming a lot of coffee drinks

Consuming a lot of coffee drinks

By the way thank you to all those comments about the coffee not being hot and off in fact my burnt tongue on the espresso thanks you we absolutely love our Jura e8 makes amazing drinks I’ve being retired spending a lot of time and coffee sampling all the drinks we can make professionally and the self-cleaning features Are amazing if you want your cappuccinos hotter set your espresso On high heat make an espresso then move the cup over to the foam wand And push portion of milk this makes the cappuccino hotter rather than a coffee coming out the one touch wand.

Roberta
RobertaTemplestowe3 posts

My Jura E8 is awesome

Hey Douggie,

You may need to read the manual and get the settings right for the coffee machine. Our coffee machine pours hot coffee all the time. It's the best coffee machine i've had in my life. We too had an old Jura coffee machine but it was 12 years old and was very basic.

I love the hot water feature in the E8. We really only use it for basic coffees, never used the frother as it's just something else you need to clean.

Call Jura in Hawthorn where I bought mine from.....I'm confident they will provide a simple and cost effective solution for you over the phone.

Good luck and let us know how you go.

Douggie6 posts

Cold as

We just bought our machine yesterday , we decided to upgrade from our other Jura that we had for 10 yrs ... not happy with this one as with reading other reviews ( wish we had done this beforehand but trusted it would be like or better than our old one E5) our coffee is COLD I have black and I can drink it straight away , my husband has cappuccino but he has to microwave it not a good look when you invite friends over to sample the new machine... awkward, not happy is an understatement ,big bucks for cold coffee was not a wise spend

Chris
Chris9 posts

Very good coffee maker

Nicely designed, good looking machine. The coffee is superb, sometimes not hot enough but with some setup adjustments you can have it the way you like it with the right temperature. The amount of coffee and milk are also adjustable. It's very easy to use, everything is pre-programmed so you can have cappuccino, flat white and also less known ristretto and more. The cleaning process is also automatic and at the time of switching it off you are asked what (if any) cleaning process you'd like to perform.

KSDE
KSDEMelbourne2 posts

Love this... but

We love this machine but it does take up a large amount of our bench space. It doesn’t have a cup warmer but Jura packager it with a separate cup warmer unit which we love as its on a timer - warm cups in the morning!

One aspect missing in this model is a steam wand. So you always have to use the clear pipe connected to milk jug etc.,

We also love the Bluetooth connection and ability to set our individual fabourite blends of coffee volume , strength & milk..,

Great product overall. Thanks Jura!

ebbz66
ebbz66NSWSydney Surrounds, NSW12 posts

Julie
JulieMount Gambier2 posts

Great machine

I have purchased my machine 2 weeks ago from harvey norman am very happy with it except its not hot enough i would expect it to be hotter than it is especially the price you pay for it everything else about it is great easy to use and easy to clean

Rosa
RosaMelbourneCamberwell, Melbourne3 posts

Easy to use and very hygenic. Perfect cup of coffee

At a touch of a button you can get great quality café style coffee at home. The machine is very easy to use and can be programmed so that you just need to press the one button and you are done. Very hygienic as it cleans when you switch on the machine and after you use it, although it can be a bit of a pain to clean it after each use.

Kristy C
Kristy CAU3 posts

Perfect except for the lack of heating options

Exceptionally easy to clean and use. The coffee strength options are perfect as is the options of how much milk to and etc. I adore my coffee and after five years of my husband nagging for a real coffee machine we are very happy. We are still to tinkering with the settings though and getting to know our jura.

RGL
RGL

Coffee is barely warm

Coffee tastes good very easy to use easy to keep clean. I am so disappointed in the temperature of the coffee. I like my coffee really really hot. I consider the temperature of my Jura coffee very very unsatisfactory . I would not recommend spending that large amount of money for a barely warm coffee. I wish I had read the reviews earlier it seems it cannot be fixed.

Gmoney
Gmoney

Best Machine Ever

I have upgraded from an ENA 5 to the E8 - The Ena 5 I bought in 2004 and have never had one issue with it. I gave it to my sister and she has had it for 6 months with no issues. The Ena 8 is allows you to create all of you favorite barista drinks with a touch of a button. The Flat White is my absolute favorite.I am not sure what is driving some of the negative reviews but I have never needed to call the 800 number in over 13 years that I have owned these two different machines. Read the instruction booklet.

Paul