12Jura ENA

Worldcuppa
ky1
ky1

Lovely Machine

I have had this machine when it was first put on the market,it is as good now as it was the day I bought it.

The coffee has always tasted good and hot and it is very easy to clean ,will definetly buy from Jura again.

Very reliable and extremely easy to use

Show reply

Fussy coffee drinker
Fussy coffee drinkerSouth East Queensland, QLD5 posts
  ENA 5

Had our ena 5 for five years and makes perfect coffee. Never had any trouble with it. And we are v

Had our ENA5 for five years and it makes perfect coffee. Never had any trouble with it. And we are very fussy coffee drinkers. Often I will not have coffee when I am out and hold off till I get home where I can make my perfect cup.

Unfortunately I have had a problem with cockroaches and I have one or more in the machine. I don't want to use it and am going to contact Jura to see what I can do about it. So whatever brand of coffee machine you have be aware of this problem. We have a very clean home and have our house sprayed every year but somehow these disgusting things managed to get in.

Upset In Texas
Upset In Texas2 posts
  Verified ENA 5

Worst Company I have ever experienced

Owned for 2 years in addition to cost of coffee maker we spent 200. On tablets and filters, then one morning it just didn't power on. Given the option to return to be repaired for 225.00, their return label was taken off our box and placed on another box? In transit by UPS or Jura just said that because they didn't want to repair. Jura did nothing...now we either have to get an attorney or try to get over it. I am furious. Would not recommend this company.

Dylan
Dylan

Awful Jura machine

Can't find anything good to say about this machine accept thank god we don't have it in our kitchen anymore. When you spend this kind of money you want the item to work. It didn't. Failed three times I the space of six months. Had to go back to the manufacturer. In the end we managed to get a refund. Useless

Luiz Carlos Ishida
Luiz Carlos Ishida2 posts

Worst machine ever!

Coffe comes too cold, after about 3 months use the grain mill stops working, poor service (in Brazil), after 5 months stuck with error 8. Stay away from Jura, buy any other machine that will work better. I have similar machines from saeco that work flawlessly for years with no problems. My Nespresso is also 5 years old still going with no issues. This is my first and last Jura, don't be impressed by their design.

Mark S
Mark S

Poor Product/Service

Purchased a jura ena 9

The machine started out great. Within 3 months the coffee would dump straight to the grounds tray and not the cup. Sent the machine back for repair. It was returned in good working order. It has been back for about 8 months and started doing the same thing.

Jura wants $230 to repair it.

Won't buy another one!

Shevek
ShevekBondi8 posts
  ENA 7

Works well when treated well, coffee a little weak

Had this machine for 3 years now with very few problems. We sometimes heat the milk in the microwave, rinse the (auto) frother after each use. Use filtered water, clean & descale. Despite this, the innards get clogged over time so you need to scrape around with your fingers every few months to get rid of the grounds that escaped the process. Otherwise it will eventually grind to a halt. Coffee is a bit on the weak side. We choose strongest (Lavazza) beans, finest ground, aroma shot. Fine for me, my Latin wife often has a double shot.

Coffee is always hot enough. Don't understand the attraction of very hot coffee. It's not tea! Cappuccinos are supposed to be scullable.

Jo
Jo

Junk

This machine is a piece of crap. Had to replace after 2 months. Same problem now but of course warranty's over. Lot of different trouble , like every seaco or other competitor you can't remove the mecanism inside to clean it and the expensive cleaning pills does not making the job properly. I have to try removing stuck coffee with my fingertip every month . Coffee's good but that´s worth no more than 650$

Edlyn L
Edlyn L
  ENA 5

we love our machine!!! but

Our ena 5 is the best thing to happen to mornings since sliced bread! But it has been making the milk less hot recently :( ... Before now we have taken our machine on holidays and everywhere because we can't live without it!

Peter Yates
Peter YatesSYDNEY3 posts

My Jura Ena

Have purchased this machine because we drink our coffee black,had a Jura C5 didn't use all the milk frothing on it,so wasted my money,this Ena machine is great so far makes great coffee,which is what I purchased it for,if you want a cappuccino perhaps you need to up grade to one of Jura,s more expensive machines that has milk frothers incorporated,I am very happy with this machine and if you service it properly,they last for years my C5 was about 8 or 9 yrs old grinder packed in in.

Nikolay
Nikolay
  ENA 3

Great machine great coffee!

After a month of testing it throughout we are very satisfied! Had Jura before (4years and still like new) and enjoying new baby at new place now! Thanks a lot to Jura team!

cathy
cathyaustralia9 posts
  ENA

Wonderful product. Has not missed a beat

This machine has been wonderful. Used everyday and we have not had a single problem. Great instructions, easy to use and to clean. Prompts tell you when it is time to perform maintainance, change filters, empty grounds etc.. One step coffee at the push of a button. Highly recommended. If you are looking for an easy to use machine which makes great coffee, consider Jura.
Easy to use and to clean
nothinkg
Docdee
DocdeeAU13 posts
Kylie
KylieKingscliff
Tzollo
Tzollo

Very disappointed

We had our machine for 9 months and had it replaced 3 times! Twice it came up with the same error and the last time the drip tray got stuck in the machine. I was very disappointed because Jura had such a good reputation and people had such good things to say. I will never go with this brand again due to the fact the machine was rubbish and the service to fix it was horrible.

Sharon Ramel
Sharon RamelPerth3 posts
suzanne.macro
suzanne.macro

Hi Sharon which jura machine did you purchase?i have also brought one from Harvey Norman and am absolutely delighted with it,maybe there is something wrong with yours.

Bartholomu
BartholomuEmerald Beach3 posts

Overpriced and bad coffee

The coffee is ground far too coarse making the flavour weak although I have adjusted it to grind as finely as possible. I use the aroma boost and a double shot but it is still weak. I emailed the company but they didn't reply.

The milk froths with too much air and it isn't reasonable to spend another $100 for another attachment.

Expensive and makes bad coffee

AngieK
AngieK
Vastania
VastaniaSydney, NSW15 posts
thor21
thor21CANBERRA20 posts

JURA ENA 9: Make your kitchen into a Cafe

Prior to going to work in the morning, I wanted a machine that can make me good coffee and for me not to spend so much time cleaning afterwards.

As it grinds its own coffee beans (you have the option to put in grounded coffee if you so prefer), you get the added bonus of having that fresh coffee aroma and just good taste overall.

Best of all, it got its own cleaning cycle and upon checking out the outlets, I find it very efficient in cleaning up the whole machine.
Good cleaning and very easy cleaning afterwards. I can now mix and match my own combination of coffee beans. Wonderful froth when selecting macchiatto.
The water tank container should be bigger to cater for those after dinner drinks. Show 7 replies

vyonne
vyonnePERTH63 posts
  ENA 7
I like quick n easy coff
I like quick n easy coffAU
Angella

ajp94Metropolitan Adelaide, SA14 posts
Dylanlondon
DylanlondonLONDON

Jura issues

We've had quite a few Jura machines. The ENA Machine has already been returned and new brewer unit - after 2months. Then broke again. Water leaks out and coffee has stained the work tops. PLUS the chute for ground coffee is full of mould. In fact when I took the machine apart it was full of mould. Not good. Replacing for a better spec model which is a shame as I wanted silver
colour
mould; breaking down
badabing
badabing

curious to know how you could possibly attract mould in a coffee machine unless you dont follow the cleaning suggestions or leave in a hovel?

LittleJimmy
LittleJimmyPerth, WA32 posts
  ENA 9

I have become a cappuccino addict!

Extremely easy to use and prompts you to clean it - which ensures that the machine is always in prime condition - this is so important for good coffee. Brilliant foam and so easy to adjust settings. Did have one issue when first purchased regarding a problem with foam, however, Jura service line quickly solved this (foam nozzle needs to be dry before reassembling after cleaning). Hasn't skipped a beat since and can't stop drinking coffee. Coffee is so good, I hardly buy a coffee anymore and if I do most times It doesn't compare.
Great looking machine, easy to use, brilliant foam and coffee, fast and one touch operation
Prompts a lot of cleaning - which is actually good for the machine and for great coffee
Amanda48
Amanda48MELBOURNE

BEST MACHINE EVER!!!

I have had my machine for 3 years and it hasn't missed a beat!!! Jura are fantastic, self cleaning, beautiful coffee, I can make an extra strong coffee and froth the milk. My friends comment on how good the coffee tastes and it doesn't take up much room in my kitchen!!
Easy to use, compact, beautiful coffee, self cleaning
adc
adcAU

Great coffee

Great coffee compact machine but keep the box. Went 3months then needed to be sent back for a full rebuild then has gone another 9months and has the same fault again!!!!ERROR8 just grinds the coffee and spits the dry grounds into container and no coffee from spout
Good coffee
Unreliable and needs to be sent away for repair
JURA Australia   DM

Hi - we are dissapointed to hear this has happened - if you have any enquiries please contact our Jura Support team - we would be more than happy to assist you. 1300 285 872

bytestream
bytestream9 posts
georginamca
georginamca2 posts
Col Jai_Palmer
Col Jai_PalmerAU5 posts

Great coffee!

Great coffee but a little hard to operate for a novice. I had to purchase a separate milk steaming attachment to make flat whites in stead of cappuccinos.
Looks great on my kitchen bench
Milk is never steamed hot enough and hard to operate.
JURA Australia   DM

Hi Col - please dont hesitate to contact our Jura Support team if you require assistance 1300 285 872 we would be more then happy to assist.

Sarah_C
Sarah_CAU11 posts

Excellent coffee every time

We have had this machine for just over 3 years now and it hasn't skipped a beat. Makes great coffee, my only negative [if you can call it negative] is that cleaning the milk line can be fiddly and time consuming. However, if you have guests at your house (like we do) and I am making a whole round of milk coffees, the little cleaning up is well worth it.

Cleaning of this machine in general is a pleasure, you just follow the cleaning prompts- add the tablet and away you go; I rinse and put the trays in the top rack of the dishwasher.

I will definitely be buying another Jura when this one dies..
Love the colour range, easy to use pleasure to own
The milk line can be time consuming to clean

cocopipa
cocopipa5 posts
  ENA

I bought this machine as I had limited space on my bench.Makes a great cup of coffee. Has provision for ground coffee but I wouldn't bother as it is a pain to pour it into the tiny slot and can become messy.I love the fact that I can drop a tablet in and it self cleans.I don't bother with the milk frother as I would need to heat up the milk first (otherwise it comes out luke warm).The pull out section where the grounds are will become stained after a while but who cares as it stays inside the machine.
Overall size,style,ease of cleaning
Milk frother doesn't heat up milk very well
SorenH
SorenHAU
  ENA 3

Jura Ena 3 - Happy mornings - happy evenings - and easy when guests are in the house

We are a busy family in the morning - but loves good coffee. Also having a manual machine really can create a mess - especially in our family - and we where looking for something nice, clean, white, not too big and simple as well - still it had to be alb to make us a good cup of coffee.

Our Jura Ena 3 is the answer to our needs and we - as well as our guests - are quite happy.

It just works! It will tell you when to add water, remove old grounds or empty the tray. It even guides us elegantly through a more demanding cleaning process.
Reliable, nice, clean - it does the job
The Jura tablets for the auto-cleaning costs 4 urn per each in Denmark - but can be bought more cheaply in UK Show reply

keepsmilyn
keepsmilyn
Elcee
Elcee

Terrible

It is now 6 months since I bought this machine - see my review of 28/3/09 - and I think less of it now than I did after I bought it. I make my coffee with the manual frother i was eventually given so I can have it hot (NOT scalding), and it's latest party trick is - some time thru frothing milk, the attachment simply blows off the machine into the cup. Result - splattered milk everywhere, and the adrenaline from the fright I get means I don't need any caffeine. DO NOT BUY one of the machines.
grinder and residue tray