Jurgens Lunagazer

Jurgens Lunagazer Questions & Answers

J2403, J2401, J2406, etc...

9 questions from our users

Frank E

Frank Easked

Lunagazer

Hi I have just purchased a Jergen lunagazer j2401 and I have a 2007 Toyota Hilux 4X4, 4ltr petrol Twin cab max tow weght is 2250kgs is it legat to tow the van with my current vehicle.Regards Frank

David Rowlands
David Rowlands

Hi Frank
All good. The J 2401 has a max loading of 2100 (some 2000kgs) Their tare is about 1700 kgs give or take. The detail for all loadings is found on a plate just to the right and above the gas bottles in the front boot. We have a J2401 also. Purchased it new in 09 and use a 6 cyl Holden Crewman as the tow vehicle. The crewman has a 2100 kg limit and has handled the van without any problems for the 50000 klms we have travelled with it. You should have no problems with the Hilux. Fully loaded the van generally weighs in at about 2000 kgs. I have put ours over a weigh bridge twice and that seems to be about the figure. So - you should have no issues. Cheers David

Frank E

Frank Easked

Lunagazer J2401

Hi I have just purchased a Lunagazer J2401. I have a 2007 Toyota Hilux 4x4.,Petrol 4ltr with a max tow weight of 2250kgs. Is it legal to tow van with my vehicle? Regards Frank

Ross

Rossasked

Lunagazer J2401

Is there anything I should be looking for when purchasing a 2009 Lunagazer which looks by the photos in very good condition , will be having a look at van next week and would appreciate any pointers.
From what I have reed most have been real happy with their Jurgens.
Cheers
Ross

Alan K

Alan Kasked

Lunagazer

I am having trouble with stabilizer stands on our Lunagazer, I am find them too long and won't grip, I also having trouble reaching to put them in the travel position. Should I replace them with the older style wind down and up?

Karen B.

Karen B.asked

Lunagazer

How do I fix my door on our van the handle has come out

Laurel N David D

Laurel N David Dasked

Lunagazer

We have been waiting a log time for a Blanket or our Luna. Could you please let us know when they are available? Urgently needing one. Our problem with this van is getting repairs done and replacement parts. Like hinges, blanket, hot water system.

Theo M.
Theo M.

I've had a 2405 since 2016. Love it, however the stove will not work. No problems with gas supply and all valves under are turned on. Gas fridge and gas hot water o.k.

paulybabe

paulybabeasked

Lunagazer

Hi Kim, wow sorry to hear about your caravan mate. I hope you have found something in the end that was better. I'm curious about the telegraphing walls? You mean buckling? do you have photos of this?

Kim S.

Please personal message me or Stuart regarding any information you want to know about our van and the buy back details Plenty of people are saying you have an opinion about the van and us on social media .

Paulybabey
Please ask us directly.
Yet another message has been sent to me from a Jurgens owner regarding you referring our treatment of our Lemon van.
No we did not ever drive on any dirt or corrageted road in the 3 months that we actually travelled in it.
Please ask us directly if you have questions not make up bs.
As i have had screenshots sent to me about how bad your van actually really is by a well known member on your site.

Splash

Splashasked

Lunagazer

Kim, I just read your report. I own a Jurgens and can't understand how the damage occurred. What type of roads are traveling on? How did the lame ex benches get scratched? Has the van been through water too deep? The Lunargazer is not an off road caravan, did you know that?
From your complaints it seems that you may have mistreated your caravan, hence the dealers and Jurgens do not believe miss use is a warranty claim. I have had minor faults with my caravan, not Jurgens fault but fitting supplied to Jurgens and both the dealers and Jurgens have bent over backwards to rectify the problems post haste.

Lucky you lol
Never took it off road never in water looked after it so well never even put a screw in the wall
Why did Jurgens by our Lemon off us?
Poor quality build due to change of owners etc i sm not in the manufacturing business. The van started to fall to pieces 45minutes after buying the van.
I can send you photos.
Laminate because jurgens has admitted they had trouble with the banding machine.
Walls warped as the timber frame ( timber shrunk) jurgens understands this to be a problem ( conversation recorded).
It was extremely poorly built.
3 months parked up at Mackay 3 months parked up in Sydney 2 weeks in Caboolture.
Second Jurgens van we have owned last one we lost 2000.00 on our sale so no i dont miss treat our vans thankyou very much for you accusation.
Question to you why did Jurgens buy the van off us and try to shut us up.
Look at how many jurgens dealers are not selling them anymore.
We met the new owners new staff etc etc all the old Jurgens company sell and make Willow vans now.
Goodluck with your van you are already having trouble with.
Dont get on here with accusations as you have no bloodu idea how much money they robbed us off and left us homeless.
We are not the only ones that have taken them to VCAT.

Kim

Unless you can put your real name up not hid behind splash.
I go by my real name.
Explain the Lunagazer tables being broken and Jurgens cant fix the problem.
It is my review not a Q&A and accusation from you. When not knowing anything about me.

Kim

Question how did Jurgens end up on the Lemons site?
Ask the previous Jurgens owners what happened to their Jurgens walls.
Why did Jurgens believe me once they started to look at the van and buy it back you would say too shut me up.

Bring On Summer

Bring On Summerasked

Lunagazer

Kim, how did all this damage occur? We have a 2017 Luna with no issues. Seems strange for all these things to just happen?

Kim

Poor quality build and parts i think i am not sure as i am not a caravan manufacturer.
We never damaged it. I look after my vans. When we sold our 12 month old Jindy we lost $2000.00 cause we take care with our vans. New owners of Jurgens new staff dont know but loosing a large sum of money when Jurgens purchased it of us was not a great outcome. But due to a medical problem and being left homeless we had no other option but to take the buy back figure.
Jurgens could not give a answer to this question either.
45 minutes after we purchased the van things started to go wrong with it bed collapsed full of cockroaches these issues were reported no action was given unsatisfactory.
Was never taken off the road 3 months parked up while we stayed at mackay and three months waiting in sydney for something to be done and 2 weeks waiting in Coobulture waiting for warranty work. This was our second Jurgens.
I am not the only person having issues with Jurgens.

Hope you too dont have problems but it seems alot of Jurgens dealers are not stocking Jurgens anymore.

Kim

How many kms have you done and are you living in your van fulltime.? Please reply as i would like to know

Jurgens Lunagazer