Kaboodle Kitchen

Kaboodle Kitchen Questions & Answers (page 2 of 5)

Listing monitored by Kaboodle Kitchen

81 questions from our users

Lyn C.
Lyn C.asked

Can you buy egg white doors to cover a fridge 1700mm by 605mm or to the ceiling 2400mm?

eduardo s.
eduardo s.asked

Is the particle board on you bench tops rated as water resistant, if so how can I identify it; any code, marks or paint?. Your response is greatly appreciated as I'm considering your product for my kitchen renovation

Kassandra L.
Kassandra L.

I'm not sure unfortunately, sorry.

Anna.
Anna.asked

I have a corner cupboard. The hinges do not hold and the cupboard doors keep moving causing the drawers next to the cupboard not closing. I know I can change the hinges which I have done previously but how do you stop the problem continuing.

Stephan B.
Stephan B.asked

Can ikea hinges fit in kaboodle doors

Your kaboodle hinges carry a ten year warranty, take the damage goods with receipt.
They’ll replace them .

Stephan B.
Stephan B.asked

Why do 165 degree hinges click loudly when opening and shutting

Kevin E.
Kevin E.asked

Our soft close drawers keep jamming and never close properly , normally not going in the last 10mm. We then have to shove them the last bit. Can you suggest a fix. Also what is the normal warranty period on your products?
I must admit being very disappointed with our Kaboodle kitchen.

Ren
Renasked

Hi,
Just assembled and installed the bottom part of my kaboodle kitchen, my question is about the microwave box which is 600x430 outside diameter or 560x390 internal, we where going to get a inbuild microwave or a trim kit for it but they all seem to be 590 wide obviously not fitting into the box flush but overhanging,
did we miss something there or the microwave box isn't made for this purpose, just thought they would have had a universal standard?

VLP
VLPasked

Help please! My kaboodle drawer in an oven tower wont go in or come out? It seems it may have been assembled incorrectly by one of my helpers :( now stuck half in and out and won't budge! how can I get the drawers out to assemble properly?

Lewis B.asked

Anyone had problems with the push to open drawer runners? Ours are hit and miss at catching, opening etc.

Happy bed

Yes had the same problem.
Eventually had to have them replaced under warranty to the soft close option which were just as bad.
They are just poor quality.

Lewis B.

So what's the better option? As we have not finished our install yet, just installed a few cabinets in the laundry. Would you try and go for different runners?

Happy bedasked

I am currently going through the legal process with my kaboodle kitchen.
The finish on the doors and panel is terrible, riddled with defects and faults.
The drawer runners do not soft close and the rectification work carried out by kaboodle has caused more problems.
I am looking for people that have had similar issues.
Thanks.

General M.
General M.

have you tried going through bunnings instead of court? lol...

Happy bed

I am taking bunnings and kaboodle to court both have refused to cover the faults under warranty.

Disappointedasked

Also the soft close mechanism is closed without the drawer in
How do I release it

OLGA

On the side of runners it's a little black plastic that you have to press it down and on the other side up. If it's cutlery drawer press them both up. I wish I could show you a video. It's looks tricky if you never did it before. If you need I can send you a video on your email

Thanks Olga
I know about those as I’ve made 3 sets of drawers so far
But one of them the drawers will not go all the way in
Plus somehow on one set the soft close mechanism is closed without the drawers being inserted as yet
How do I pull it back into situ
Brute force????
Cheers Sandy

Disappointedasked

I can’t close my soft close kaboodle drawers

OLGA

Mine does the same problem. Try to push a bit harder first time and they will lock in

kamate
kamateasked

our 2 big drawers wont stay shut. he has done them repeatably but soon they slide open

Michael F.
Michael F.asked

Base mounted pullout bins instructions say to separate basket assembly from the runners using runner clips but the diagram does not match the reality. (https://www.kaboodle.com.au/uploads/pdfs/1-KBAU-Kit-Instructions-Kitchen-LHW-BM-WEB.pdf) Any ideas?

OLGA

Yes. I had very big problems mounting their bin. It was a different model but because their template is useless. I had a lots of issues. I had to travel a few time to Bunnings to sort it out as the carpenter couldn't install it. At the beginning a part related to runners was missing and then released that the template for mounting the runners was wrong. It took a good few hours to fix it( maybe a day all up). The instructions weren't easy to understand.

Tim S.
Tim S.

My advice would be to simply get in touch with Kaboodle. I had significant issues and after dealing with them, found out that I purchased an part that was old due to a design flaw, and they are in the process of sending me out a new runner. Be mindful it’s a circa 2wk wait on them sending stuff out

Andrew Mccabe
Andrew Mccabeasked

Do I need the side finishing panels for my oven base unit If I am joining another cabinet to it?

no you don't

Bryan G.
Bryan G.

Yes you do. The end panels have to be put on to hold the stainless steel heat reflective strips to prevent the doors on either side of the oven unit from heat damage when opening the oven door. If you don’t there is no warranty.

Bob the builder
Bob the builder

No you don't, you can mount to the side of the cabinet between the two cabinets and it still protects the warranty, even without them (as they look stupid) the oven does not even heat up the side if the door next to oven if you have a new oven as most are very efficient at keeping heat inside and a fan to circulate when cooling down.
I actually asked kaboodle about this as all their advertising material etc and all photos of installed kitchens have not used the stainless strips because it would look stupid, but they make us use them to cover their "warranty"
I was very paranoid about this when first installed but first thing I did was a big pork belly roast at full 220deg for an hour and not even warm on the sides of the cabinet and I had less space above than recommended as well.

Claireasked

Can I install kaboodle drawers in a non kaboodle cabinet

Workmate
Workmate

You can fit kaboodle drawers in a non kaboodle cabinet if the width of the cabinet is made to suit the drawer and runners used. The internal dimension of the cabinet should be the width of the drawer plus the runner thickness X 2 Most side mount runners are 12.7 mm plus .75 mm clearance. Therefore cabinet internal equals drawer width plus 26.5 mm. Would pay to check kaboodle runner width in store to be sure. Kaboodle cabinets are 720 mm high so that needs to match to use kaboodle drawer fronts.

Raymond Bullock

Not a good idea. There's nothing special about Kaboodle drawers. I wouldn't touch anything Kaboodle.

Claire

Did you have a bad experience with kaboodle? What other brands of drawer would fit my existing cupboard? Cheers Claire

Rebecca M.
Rebecca M.asked

We have a kitchen drawer that is very loose and need to be adjusted and rescrew. Its a soft close and looks as if the runners are under the drawer itself but can not see how i can adjust or remove the drawer.

Rob O.
Rob O.asked

I have my heart set on a Kaboodle kitchen with Charcola doors and panels but I,m concerned about how easy it is to mark even just bumping it with my fingernail even leaves a scratch. Has anyone installed this colour kitchen and let me know how it takes everyday use?

George B.asked

Looking at having my exposed services (doors, end panels etc etc) made from a timber wholesaler (marine plywood). Im unsure where to have the holes drilled in the cabinet doors. Would all the pre-drilled hinge holes on the cabinet doors be in the same position irrespectiv of the door size?
Thanks Guys

Davew
Davew

If the new doors are different sizes to the original doors you are replacing No!
If the new doors are the same size as the old doors you are replacing yes!
Not sure why you would use marine ply!!
Marine ply will add allot more Weight to the existing carcass!

Thanks Davew!
Let me rephrase that a little bit. Would a 400mm cabinet face have pre-drilled hinge holes in the same place (relative to the corner/edge of the door) as the 600mm cabinet face etc etc

Carolyn Basked

What is the difference between an end panel and a door. Ie: measurements are the same, same finish. Yes door panel has hinge indents but you aren't going to see these if I use it as an end panel and save $80? It seems like a no brainer... Am I missing something?

bunnybee353
bunnybee353

I'm not sure if measurements are different for doors and end panels as my carpenter installed them. I used some end panels to give continuity to the colour I selected for the doors and for aesthetic value. In some cases I didn't need them but the end panels i did need to use gave a lovely professional "finish" to the kitchen.

Zerophitus
Zerophitus

The doors have pre-drilled cutouts for the hinges whereas the end panels don’t. Yes, you could use end panels as doors, but then you would need to carefully drill out the recesses for the door hinges. Cheers

Carolyn B

Thanks for your prompt answers.
I'm going to take the $240 end panel back and buy a $160 door and use it as an end panel saving me a total of $80.

Get an answer from our members and Kaboodle Kitchen representatives