Kaboodle Kitchen

Kaboodle Kitchen Questions & Answers (page 3 of 5)

Listing monitored by Kaboodle Kitchen

81 questions from our users

Litasked

Hi,

Would you mind confirming if someone is smoking in the house would a Kaboodle Kitchen cupboards tarnish or go yellow?

Zerophitus

For what it’s worth, we found that the white high gloss lacquered cupboard doors naturally gained a yellowish tinge over a few years, with the worst being in the laundry where they were exposed to some direct sunlight. As for the effects of smoking, I had given up smoking by the time we installed the cupboards. The melamine carcasses did not experience the same issue. That said, most other brands also have the same problem, so it’s not specific just to Kaboodle.

We ended up taking the cabinet doors and other gloss painted pieces of trim to our local auto panel shop where we had them resprayed with a high gloss white automotive paint.

Quality wise the Kaboodle products are of a reasonable quality, it’s just the Bunnings pricing model that I don’t like.

bunnybee353

Smoking and direct sunlight always seem to affect paint finishes, drapery, blinds whether it be cupboards, dining tables, curtains etc. As we are smoke free with the exception of a wood fire and I close all blinds in the kitchen when the sun is fierce, I haven't experienced any yellowing as yet (fingers crossed).

Lit

Rental property and a tenant that has been smoking for over two years it has turned the kitchen yellow.
Most of the house including door trims are also yellow with a brown tinge to it.
Just wanted to see if smoking has contributed to the yellow of this kitchen.

Diane B.
Diane B.asked

I need to attach 3 drawer panels, but there were no drawer clips or support rail clips in the box.

bunnybee353

My carpenter installed mine so not sure. Best to ring Kaboodle customer service.

Ian Stewart
Ian Stewartasked

What is the cupboard back panel thickness?
Will wall cabinets accept cabinets to ceiling on top?
Can a header strip for ceiling sealing / variations be supplied?

Zerophitus

The rear panel are 16mm, the same thickness as the sides of the cabinets.
The cabinets can be stacked, preferably with the side panels positioned one above the other.
Re header strips, I’ve never seen any available at Bunnings. The simplest solution would be to make what you need from a sheet of 16mm MDF and have it painted high gloss white by your local auto body shop.

Daniel
Danielasked

Best way to extend height of cabinets to accomodate a higher than standard bench height?

Zerophitus

You can use wooden block to extend the height if the standard leg fitting are not long enough. Then, if you’re reasonably handy, make your own kick board(s) from 16mm MDF and have it/them painted to the colour of your choice by your local auto body shop.

Shellydasked

Why did my push to open hinges come with a stick on magnet it just keeps falling off and I’ve only had it for 3 weeks?

Rob
Rob

If the surface is not cleaned properly the magnet will pull of the adhesive.

Shellyd

Brand new units and were all cleaned prior so I’m thinking they’re just poor quality

Nomi F
Nomi Fasked

I want to have a ‘void’ in the corner of my kitchen (as I can’t stand corner cupboards). How can I achieve this?

Joanne R.
Joanne R.asked

How does a 595 mm oven fit into a 600mm kaboodle oven cabinet when the interior opening is 600 mm minus the timber thickness? Even bunnings people have no idea and I don't want to pay for the wrong unit.

Caroline D.
Caroline D.

It could be that your oven has a small stainless steel overhang that sits in front of the side panels of the base cabinet. Does that make sense? Our kitchen isn’t kaboodle but our oven front overlaps with the cabinet

Leonie P
Leonie Pasked

How can I remove 1 unit to install a dishwasher?

Catherine Hanlonasked

6 tier pantry pullout with baskets l would like to see photo ,price and measurements, Thanks

Catherine Hanlon

Page 10 of your product guide has a 450mm pantry pullout baskets 6 tier. A blind corner pullout baskets 2 tier soft close. A corner rotating baskets 2 tier. I would like measurements and prices please, having a back operation on Tuesday and these may be helpful, Thanks

Nigel L.
Nigel L.asked

How do I fix draws that won't close fully

Annonymous
Annonymous

I suggest you visit your local Bunnings store, and speak to a customer service person on kitchens.
Good luck :)

MichaelF
MichaelFasked

I have read the reviews and I am concerned. I have a kitchen quite large lots of cabinetry and price is just over $7,000 which is cheap. I have tried another product from Sweden and I was happy with the product (now 4 years no issues) but service was terrible - very very bad, parts missing, ongoing parts supply issues, I cancelled - I complained it was one of the most horrifying experiences and once burnt I will never go back there. The issue is whether Kaboodle quality is as bad as people say, especially the chip board and ability to with-hold screws. Ive put my decision on hold and now dont really know what to do. I understand you get what you pay for. I know pieces will be missing, some delays even breakages all normal. Is the quality there, chipboard biggest concern, followed by moisture problems and then discolouring of white veneer. If this happens to me - I kid you not, I dont mess around especially if the product is garbage. So what assurances do I have?

Flighted
Flighted

Personally, I have had no issues with any missing parts or screws not holding. Most cabinetry is made from chipboard, the key is not to over tighten or drive the screws at high speed. Set a low torque setting on any driver and go slow. I have heard about the discolouration in the lower end products, it is mentioned in their own material and they suggest not using those products in locations exposed to direct sunlight.

GrannyJJ
GrannyJJasked

Has anyone installed the narrow pullout drawers with baskets.?

Ours are not that smooth to open and shut and I am unsure why.
Thanks for any help.

Adela K.
Adela K.

I'd like to know this too (if I've understood properly ) I can fit a 600mm pantry, and a wondering if i can install the450mm pull outside and the150mm pull outs in the spare space

Fiona K.
Fiona K.asked

Has anyone had experience with the Macaroon cupboard door surface? It has a silky satin (not gloss) finish, but not sure how it cleans and whether it lasts without discolouring? Thanks

KobyKobyasked

Anyone had any issues with Kaboodle matte cupboard finishes and scratching/scuffing? I was interested in getting the Vivid Basil green colour which is in a matte finish but it looks flimsy and would maybe show marks?

Lynn Bragg
Lynn Bragg

Do not buy a Kaboodle kitchen of any description. My veneer has lifted off the bottom of the doors ..they are white so I do not know about the green. I have not seen green in our Bunnings stores here in Qld Australia.
If anything does happen to your cupboards the service from them is terrible ...they are rude and hard to get anything done.
Spend a few extra dollars and buy a good brand of kitchen it will be worth it in the end.
My kitchen has had so many repairs (by me) in the 6 years I have had it like hinges not holding the doors, doors dropping, veneer peeling and lots more.
read the many reviews on Product reviews and see all the trouble others have had .
Good luck
Lynn

Good to know :)

Diane C.
Diane C.asked

Does anyone have any reviews of the shiny Mayonella bench top. Does the sheen last? Thank you

Kerry B.
Kerry B.

We have it in the bathroom and it is still as good as the first day which is now approximately 3 years.

Mark S.
Mark S.asked

How to install the kickboard panels please..?

Colin
Colin

Mark, there's quite a bit about this on the Kaboodle web site. Also a Bunnings video too. But..... all suggestions seem to suggest that kickboard should be screwed in place through the base of the cabinets. I hate that method! It's not only messy and fiddly, but it exposes a a horizontal panel to moisture. It looks average. Oh - and because floors are rarely flat and level, and the top and bottom of the kickboard aren't actually parallel, the screw-fix option is not easy!
Buy some plinth clips (Bunnings sells these in their alternative Flatpax range - 2666217) or they're cheap from online suppliers.
Measure carefully and fix, and then the kickboard snaps into place.

criticalcustomer
criticalcustomerasked

Our relatively new Kaboodle benck top is scratching quite easily. Hate to think what it will look like in 12 months. Has anyone else had a problem with bench top scratches?

jacqui
jacquiasked

has anyone ordered that the cupboards/drawers be made smaller? My kitchen is a smaller room, too small for the giant cupboard carcases?

Joanne O

I just had standard cupboards and drawers. The kitchen staff are helpful so discuss the design with them.

Kerryn Jasked

Does anyone know if i can fit any other doors to kaboodle cabinets to keep my prices down? I'm starting to run out of $$ on my renovation, but have all the cabinets already installed.

Cathy smith
Cathy smith

You would be able to put any door on as long as it is the same size and make sure your hinges line up
Hope this helps
Cathy

Jan
Jan

Can you use other cheaper brands of drawer runners on Kaboodle drawers

STU
STUasked

Are the draws assembled when you buy a 3 draw cabinet?

Neli
Neli

No. You need to assemble it yourself.

Joanne O

Hi there, We assembled the drawers ourselves. Using the royal 'we'. we had a joiner fit our kitchen!

Victor
Victor

No. You need to DIY. Detailed instructions provided.

Get an answer from our members and Kaboodle Kitchen representatives