Kaboodle Kitchen

Kaboodle Kitchen Questions & Answers (page 4 of 5)

Listing monitored by Kaboodle Kitchen

81 questions from our users

Joanne O
Joanne Oasked

We have a white Kaboodle high gloss kitchen (3 years old). The oven housing has heat deflectors fitted as per instructions. Above the oven is the microwave housing and below are two drawers, however there are no cupboards adjacent to the oven either side. I have a Samsung oven with a pyrolytic cleaning option which so far I've never used. The temperatures on this function reaches 400 degrees celsius for at least 2 hours. I found this on the Samsung site: 'If the cabinets next to the oven are not rated for high enough temperatures, the finish on the cabinets can melt during Self Clean. This is not an issue with the oven." My questions is: do the Kaboodle high gloss finish cabinets have a high enough temperature rating? Please advise.

Jack
Jackasked

Hi there I have put a chip in our kaboodle benchtop and how can I fix it? thanks

Fired Up

What did they say when you contacted them directly?

Renee McBride
Renee McBrideasked

I was wondering what paint matches the antique white please?

Fired Up

What advice did your paint shop offer?

Ev Casked

Has anyone had problems with kaboodle bin drawers. Mine are 2 bins side by side in a 600 cab. They only soft closed for a week and are now failing to close fully every time.

pete052

No, sorry. I haven't had this problem.....yet

Robyn C

Yes I have this problem all the time with 2 of my bin drawers..

Gary S
Gary S

We have 3 bin drawers and all have failed. The bearings in the draw runner fail, fouling up the soft close. Now the drawer won’t close fully, runs really badly and the soft close doesn’t pull in. I called kaboodle who asked for my email address to explain the process for a warranty claim but I never received an email.
I’ll be chasing it up and won’t give up.

Snow
Snowasked

Has anyone had trouble with purchasing the kitchen cupboard doors in the “raw” and painting them? We are renovating at the moment...have had a retired professional painter paint the raw timber doors...he used a water based Dulux Aquanamel as the undercoat. The doors have swollen in places...we got a second opinion from another expert at a paint shop who advised that all was done correctly and to take them all back to Bunnings as it should never have happened. Bunnings reply was the issuing of a pamphlet to us saying Kaboodle’s 10 year warranty is null and void if painted by a third party. Are they for real? Why offer the product in the raw? From other comments here, we won’t hold our breath waiting for Kaboodle. Happy still that we never went with their “professional” finish when it is obviously yellowing and the customer is still not getting any satisfaction.

pete052

I have had no experience in this

Ev C

I painted my own doors. All good so far but I haven't had them long

Flipper
Flipperasked

how do I fix small cabinet to a brick wall?

Use wall plugs

Nicolleasked

Why does the gloss white panels turn yellowish and can anything be done to fix it as I had to recently replace a panel and it doesn’t match with the yellowing ones

pete052

I suggest that you ask the company aboit this.

Nicolle

What if I don’t have a receipt for my kitchen as I only just purchased the house

jacqui

go directly back to kaboodle. the colour should not change. If its still under warranty and they cannot colour match, demand all doors be replaced, do this in writing.

Mauz
Mauzasked

Where is the timber from?

you mean for the carcases? China probs - all the kaboodle stuff is Chinese

Nadine K
Nadine Kasked

Wondering if anyone has got a Kaboodle black olive with alpine profile kitchen? They have no samples of this at the local store and will go back next week to discuss organizing one for me. Would be interested to know how they hold up. The white alpine sample size at Bunnings looks grubby and like plastic and wondering if the black one does too. Thanks for any info

No, sorry

Didi
Didiasked

Are kaboodle kitchens easy to install?

pete052

Yes they are easy to install

jacqui

a woman i know went down to her local back packers and paid a labour rate ($25ph) to some guys to assemble her flat back

Tezza
Tezzaasked

Can anything be done when kaboodle kitchen is faded to restore colour?

pete052

They use various materials for ttheir doors and benchtops. Best you ask them direct.

Beancounter
Beancounter

As long as you have proof of purchase (your receipt or tax invoice) Kaboodle will replace faded panels without question. The only colour known to have had some problems in the past was Gloss White, which randomly went a yellowish colour.

Tammy B
Tammy Basked

Does Kaboodle kitchens come in flat packs, or assembled pieces?

Palf
Palf

They come in flatpacks.

Chrissy
Chrissyasked

Do I take the plastic film off the cupboards?

Yes you should..

Big Al
Big Alasked

If the hardboard are not water resistant, is it possible to coat the exposed edges with something to make this waterproof?

vickiflynn
vickiflynn

Paint it with Aquadere. It goes on white but dries clear. It seals/waterproofs any type of wood or composite wood.

Jeaneyasked

The plastic wrapping covering door and drawers does it stay or peel it off?

sha
sha

If u dont take the plastic off the doors n things it tends to become ratty an looks dirty after a while it is there to protect the product petina an the longer it is on the doors the harder to take off an the original colour will be stifuled so common sence would dictate take the plastic off

Thankyou
That helps also
What can i use to take sticky marks of such as price tag glue

Kylie
Kylie

Peel it off. Doesn't do much anyway.

JJ41asked

Does anyone know if the Kaboodle cabinets and bench tops are made from water resistant particle board as is used by professional cabinet makers (ie the green color chips board)?

JJ41

I have had a look at the bench tops and they do not appear that sort of green/blue colour that normal water resistant particle board so I am assume that the Kaboodle chipboard is not water resistant. Anyone had problems with Kaboodle cabinets/drawers or bench tops swelling due to water ingress?

Update 20 Dec 2016 - Bunnings have confirmed thta the cabinet chipboard is not water resistant type.

norma
normaasked

i bought a set of w50610 soft close draw runners, and they could not remove guide from runner. i took them baack to bunnings who replaced them, with the same result. i live 50kms from my nearest bunnings storeand am not happy. what do you propose i do now????

zorb
zorb

What do you mean...'could not remove guide from runner'? Can you be more specific.I am currently putting a kaboodle kitchen together and have just done the drawers after much angst but I have now new found knowledge of what can go wrong in this aspect.

phoebe
phoebe

I found the same, could only get one out of 12 undone. There's 2 holes towards the other end that will be attached to the cabinet that must be aligned ie align the holes on the outer 2 layers of the runner, THEN move black plastic up or down and pull out the inner drawer guide. Not that this is in the instructions, oh no, that would be too helpful! My husband worked it out infuriatingly quickly after I'd spent ages trying to undo all 12. He says this is a perfect illustration of why instructions should only be read as a last resort. My bad for reading instructions first. Come on Kaboodle, would it kill you to put that info in the leaflet?

Spanna
Spannaasked

Can I put Kaboodle cabinets under existing bench tops.
Also Can I put Kaboodle doors onto existing cabinets?

Nigel
Nigel

The best thing to do is take a picture of laundry and do some measurements thay will gide you in got great results in hope this helps all the best nigel

Craig
Craigasked

How much bench overhang should I have near a stove, I have a 900mm corner unit followed by an end board then along side is the stove. Should I have some builders foil or just the end board. Any help would be appreciated. Thank you

Blondie-ness
Blondie-ness

Craig, I would contact Kaboodle. Normally you would install a Kaboodle 900mm Oven Cabinet as it has an open back for ventilation, adjustable legs for easy levelling and heat deflectors to protect neigbouring doors & panels. But it sounds like you are installing a stand alone stove next to the cupboard. My advise is call Kaboodle before you install.

DIY DAVE
DIY DAVEasked

I want to use either a wood or bamboo benchtop in the bathroom to replace existing unit. It will have a marble vanity basin on it and I have some concerns about these tops in bathroom use. Can you give any advice on this?
The Bunnings brochure shows hickory maple and Euro beach and Oak but were not on display where I visited. Are these woods suited to bathroom exposure to water and are they still available .

s t
s t

Sorry, i have no experience of this area, we chose an acrylic bench top and we are very happy with it.

Get an answer from our members and Kaboodle Kitchen representatives