Kaboodle Kitchen

Kaboodle Kitchen (page 2 of 5)

See the Best Home Care Shops in 2022 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Listing monitored by Kaboodle Kitchen

Dont waste your money

They are cheap & nasty...might look good but thats as far as it goes, We have had our kitchen going on 3 years, Laminate is starting to come off edge of cupboard, Door handle's have discoloured, We have had to replace draw runners & the list goes on, I would never use Kaboodle again & hope my review will help others to spend there money elsewhere

Almac Wangaratta
Almac WangarattaNortheast, VIC

Kitchen

I installed a gloss white kitchen in 2015, I fit a lot of Kaboodle kitchens and laundry, I contacted Kaboodle over the yellowing of the gloss cabinets, Kaboodle were fantastic and replaced the faulty panels
I have a handyman business, I have done a lot of Kaboodle kitchens, The secret to flat pack kitchens is set out set out set out, get your levels accurate, I find their carcasses good and strong, I found no issues with the new doors, hinges and of a medium quality, I noticed the new hinges for corner base cabinets the quality has improved
I have recommended and installed Kaboodle for a long time, I had to repair installations done my customers themselves, the main issue is levels and incorrect assembly
Regards
Almac
Wangaratta

Happy as
Happy asFar North Queensland, QLD

Shocking quality

The cupboards looked great but now, less than 3 years and the doors and draw fronts have all warped. We installed these using all kaboodle parts, hinges etc. We spent quite a bit of money on these and they are all warped. Have contacted Bunnings 3 times now about this problem and have had no response at all.
Dont waste your time buying these. We have 14 door fronts and 6 door fronts, that have warped. It is just a normal home kitchen.

Suzan Lovell
Suzan LovellSouth-Eastern Region, NSW

Mean and stingy layout

I purchased the pullout drawer to go with a 150 kaboodle base cabinet. The idea is to have it next to stove. However the unit has no flexibiilty, and has only two fixed shelves. The bottom one provides a space far too high for anything - theres about 300mm of air space above the oil bottles. And the top shelf is too high to provide much space for anything. Waste of money and space and they were too stingy to provide an extra shelf and some flexibility to adjust the shelves. This is worth $20 max, for the money they are charging I expect much better design. Oh, and the pullout feels awkward too, with the handle at the top, the whole front facade is cantilevered from the bottom, not secure feeling at al

Installation instructions incorrect

I purchased a Kaboodle kitchen from Bunnings and found it really easy to put together, everything straight forward.....until!!! my builder went to install the blind corner baskets. He wasted so much time as it just wouldn't work. The measurements don't work. Even after going onto Youtube several times. Also the bottom little rollers do not go on the front..... as per instructions.
Best to forget about these baskets as just a nightmare.
Also the pull out tiered baskets come with a door that has two large holes on the inside. For brackets. Not needed. The door is fixed to the baskets so there are two holes that do not look good.

AMR
AMRSydney, NSW

Lack of quality control

After receiving two damaged special orders which I repaired myself soas not to have to wait another 6 weeks and pay tradesman for another day the melamine has separated from the base panel. Kitchen only installed June/July this year. Not good enough. I would not recommend their product.

Kassandra L.
Kassandra L.Perth, WA

Terrible quality benchtop and Customer Service. Pumpernickle gloss benchtop.

Terrible customer service and bad quality bench top. The gloss finish scratches very easily and is needing to be replaced after 3 months. I emailed kaboodle with pictures and told me it was made to standard and buy liquid laminate from Bunnings and no one at Bunnings knew what I was talking about. After a few emails they told me an empty plastic bucket would scratch it, I was very confused by this as are we not allowed to use the benchtop??? Looks embarrassing and would definitely recommend you do not get a gloss finish benchtop if you plan to use, touch or live near it. If this was in my kitchen I would have been devastated.

Sarah
SarahSydney Surrounds, NSW

Many Issues

Long delays in delivery. Items damaged in transit, slow to replace. Poor communication from Bunnings inhouse kitchen designermeant chippy had to cut down supplied cupboards to fit. Expensive for what you get. I would have been better off going with a local custom builder. Would not recommend and would give 0 stars if I could

John Cas
John CasGippsland, VIC

Incorrect sizes on boards

Incorrect size on one of three drawer fronts bought - one was 2mm under size on the width and short 1mm on one of front rails

Joana M.
Joana M.South East Queensland, QLD

Not recommended

Benchtop was over a week late.. chipped and didn’t fit.
Wrong size doors supplied
Designer made kitchen wider than original and ended up pushing the benchtop over a window, the window was mentioned when the planning was done and I was concerned over the size of the bench in regards to the window.....if the kitchen was original width there would be no issue.
Bin cupboard can only fully open if there is no door handle on the corner cupboard.....
We now need to live without a working kitchen until something is done about it...

• +4Thumbnail
Ants
AntsMelbourne

Not Recommended

Irene
IrenePerth, WA

Poor Quality

I installed our kitchen 7 years ago and initially it looked and functioned great.
7 years on and every hinge and cupboard handle has corroded. The kitchen hinges are always malfunctioning and I have to fix them all the time. I wish I had paid the extra initially and purchased higher quality cabinet-ware as it would have saved me money and effort in the long run.
My advice is shop around and don't waste your money buying a kaboodle kitchen.

Lili C.
Lili C.Sydney, NSW

so regret that I bought their kitchen

not trustworthy, my kitchen is still new but the corner cabinet door fell off and broken, kaboodle said it is my fault, Bunnings said the colour is discontinued and they can't help. It is not fair, now I am selling the house, I really don't know what to do. so regret that I bought their kitchen.

Rosemary
RosemaryGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Four years on later.

Almost four years after installation the kitchen supplied by Bunnings still looks like new and continues to be a pleasure to use.
We have no hesitation in recommending the Kaboodle product.

laminate vacuum pealing off mdf

laminate vacuum pealing off mdf, this will happen to everyone you have sold this procedure to ,you not vacuum laminate on mdf stop ripping people off , and try two pac.

Kevin
KevinHobart, TAS

Very disappointed

We recently installed a Kaboodle kitchen supplied by Bunnings and regret doing so. Bunnings staff have been great, but that is the only good thing that I can say. The soft-close drawers jam, the gas-struts on the cupboard doors are faulty and the overall quality is poor. I would recommend looking at alternatives.

Fay
FayNorth Queensland, QLD

Cheap quality at huge price!

Raw edged chipboard which will swell with minimum water leak. Instructions included are poor quality. Base cabinets do not include all hardware needed for completion everything is an added price making the kitchen set up way over the price point it should be for a flatpack product. Not a satisfied customer and will reconsider a local cabinetmaker for my next project.

Poorly Designed & Engineered

I purchased the pull out bin and associated metal sliding door. The instructions tell you to use the metal sides from the draw kit, and use the draw rails & bins from the Bin kit. The design of the rails in the bin kit do not allow for the draws to close. Upon detailed resarch after encountering this issue, it became apparent it was just a design flaw.

OLGA
OLGACentral Queensland, QLD

Terrible!! Absolutely nightmare!@

Bigest mistake to order Kaboodle kitchen!! The order arrived with top bench uncut for sink, incorrect bin, pullout basket but mostly with lots of damage. Very, very disappointed. Bunnings replaced lots of part, but still disappointed. The quality horrible! The little part of bench top arrived damaged too..
I would not recommend this brand

Raymond Bullock
Raymond BullockNorth-West & West coast, TAS

Kaboodle kaos

Had kitchen installed recently only to find having so much trouble with hinges on doors. Cheap quality materials used doesn't help.
Has caused a lot of expensive disapointment . Beware of Kaboodle .

Workmate
WorkmateMurrumbidgee Region, NSW

Warranty Issue

I am a builder that has installed many kaboodle kitchens. I have found them to be of good quality, well built and easy to fit We had a warranty issue with door colour fade. This was attended to promptly and to our satisfaction. Quite often we will use other benchtops.

Davew
Davew

cheap and nasty! !

Lower base cabinet absorbed water , from a leak over a 1 hr period!!!
swelled and split! Had to remove benchtops and replaced with a superior quality base cabinet which didn't match any existing dimensions so had to rip entire kitchen out and start again! No warranty!

Y Ngy
Y NgyGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

15L Door Mount Swing Bin

Purchased a 15L Door mount swing bin. One of the clips which snapped. I've contacted Kaboodle to claim warranty. Kaboodle was prompt and sent me a replacement bin. Excellent Service from their warranty team(Stefano).

Ropeable!
Ropeable!Central Highlands and Goldfields, VIC

Good product and excellent after sale service

Zerophitus
ZerophitusPerth, WA

Kaboodle, the old Flatpak at inflated prices

Kaboodle is Bunnings new Flatpak provider, and that's fine. Sadly the pricing for the Kaboodle range ends up in customers paying far more for what are basically the same items.

With Flatpak one paid a set price for a total cabinet, including doors, hinges and handles. Now under the Kaboodle range one pays for the basic cabinet, then extra for the doors, and more for hinges and even more for the handles.....to the tune of around a 30% price increase.

Sadly with the competition of the forever ailing Masters now long gone, Wesfarmers (Bunnings) are pillaging the wallets of the everyday consumers for as much as they obviously can......a sad reflection on the once ethical Wesfarmers of the 80s to 90s.