Listing monitored by Kaboodle Kitchen

Merril M.Northeast, VIC

$15.300 disappointment

NEFH
NEFHGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Bench top laminate quality extremely bad.

My sons moved into a deceased estates house and the family had installed a kaboodle kitchen. I had recently sold my cabinet making business and I could see that the cabinets were installed properly plumb and level but the gloss laminate tops had probably thousands of scratches throughout. Working in the industry for so long I know the good brands of laminate just don’t do that no matter how rough you are with them . I went to Bunnings to discuss and rang the customer help line and they said because they couldn’t tell who installed it they couldn’t help which is pretty typical,although the entire kitchen was supposed to be brand new, appliances and cabinetry they still refused to even look.

John P.
John P.Hobart, TAS

Kaboodle left stuff out!!

Kitchen order pre Christmas. Had to pay $1500 for benchtops to be made. There were 4 parts to the bench but only 3 were delivered. Now a delay for the missing part to be made, meaning my busy builder will need to come back to install.
The doors to the cupboard housing the exhaust fan were labelled as left and right in their box but were both right hand opening.
Several of the cupboard partitions were damaged, as if they’d been dropped.
Not happy that I paid a large amount of money for Kaboodle inefficient product management.

Bill C.
Bill C.Sydney Surrounds, NSW

Cheapskate accessories

I am giving this a bad score because the screws that hold the hinges on are so small. They would probably hold the weight of a narrow door but for the wider ones they just cannot hold the weight. After 2 months they all started pulling out. The plastic things the screws go into are so tiny they do not have enough surface area to grip the chipboard. Considering they cost so much a few extra cents to have slightly wider screws and plastic things to grip would stop a lot of unfavourable reviews of doors falling off and you would sell a lot more kitchens.

Anthony C.
Anthony C.Perth, WA

I should have just got a local cabinet maker to do the work!

As I have worked in joinery in the past I can say that the cabinets are pretty good material wise.
But the big drawback is the nickel and diming of having to buy every little piece separate. A 2 drawer base cabinet 600 wide when done cost over $500.
Not a bargain as I had to take the first one back as it had broken components in the box from bunnings.
I would suggest using a local person and it would probably cost the same but they would install for the same cost.

Matt W
Matt W

Gloss white colour went off colour over time

Very disappointing that half the cabinet doors and draw turned a creamy colour from the gloss white that was originally brought. Kaboodle will not do anything abaout it. Very disappointing outcome.

Many mistakes

Benchtop too short,we had to delete a narrow underbench cupboard to get the dishwasher to fit,many doors did not have handles supplied,drawers do not 100% align even after being installed by a builder,we are battling to get a credit for the short bench,would not use them again

Roh
RohHealesville

Poor service, lack of knowledge, confusing instructions, expensive

Bought Kaboodle to replace a 3 draw cabinet and tall pantry in laundry total cost nearly $2000
Had to go back to Bunnings 3 times because weren’t given draw tracks nor hinges for door
Given too many parts for job
No apology just blaming us for the stuff up
Flat pack boxes extremely heavy and instructions not clear and asked at Bunnings and told to refer to videos on line
Next time stick with ikea

Mandy W.
Mandy W.Northeast, VIC

Bench tops

So excited to have finally renovated my kitchen, cupboards look amazing but so disappointed with the benchtops the smallest things leave a scratch and only 2 weeks on I really dislike my benchtops not practical for a kitchen when you want something to look neat and tidy if I only knew how easily they scratched I would not have purchased

Brad S.
Brad S.Sydney, NSW

Reasonable quality until you reach the benchtop

Cabinetry and door/drawer finish seem quite reasonable for the price, but .... the benchtops are not custom or made to measure unless you are dealing with 2400mm or less. Kaboodle advertising is misleading. I wanted a 3200mm straight laminate benchtop which Kaboodle cannot supply unless I would like a join in the middle, where the sink will be located. 2400mm maximum seems ridiculously short and is not mentioned anywhere in their catalogs that I can find. Very disappointed.

Bert
BertSouthwest, VIC

Defective on occasions

Twice now Ive done small projects using kaboodle from bunnings. Each time something has been damaged and or defective. Very inconvenient when live an hour away and have to replace an item that was defective or damaged within the packaging.

Seeking a fair go.
Seeking a fair go.South East Queensland, QLD

High cost, low value kitchens

Colin white
Colin whiteSouth East Queensland, QLD

Quality is not there!

This is my second kabiodle kitchen the first one was white then discoloured quite quickly, they did replace the draw and cupboard fronts with an egg white this colour is not stocked by Bunning’s only available by special order,
The second kitchen was expensive for the poor quality the doors and cupboards swelled up and delaminated,
I would not buy another one go else ware!

Gayle
GayleSydney, NSW

AVOID!!!! No quality control, poor customer service

Donna
Donnaasked

Hi, I have just had a new Kaboodle kitchen installed and have a number of 600mm 2 Drawer Base Cabinet installed. Can you please advise how much weight each draw can hold?

Kaboodle K.Kaboodle Kitchen

Hi Donna, thank you for your question. Our kaboodle ball bearing drawer slides are rated at 45kg so that’s 45kg drawer (regardless of cabinet size). Please let us know if we can help with anything else. Regards, kaboodle kitchen

evirod98
evirod98asked

Does any one experienced this .
My bench top is a flat laminate and was replaced a few years ago from gloss as it had faults and stains inside the laminate so They replaced it, I wanted same colour but flat not gloss.
Meanwhile 2 to 3 years later it now always looks dirty like a smudgy ,greasy look and it does not matter how much I clean it with soapy water it just does not go away.
I have contacted Kaboodle waiting for answer, also draw and cupboard does not close properly.
The bench top is a worry, we have no kidds and are so careful.
Looks dirty
Appreciate and issues someone else may have had. Thankyou

Paul
Paulasked

How do I remove sliders from drawers. Need to remove draws. Cheers

kaboodle kitchen
kaboodle kitchen

Slide the drawer out as far is it can go and look for a small black lever located on either side of the drawer slide. Pushing this lever down (and up on opposite side) will disengage the slide and allow you to slide the drawer out.

Get an answer from our members and Kaboodle Kitchen representatives