Kaiser Baas Action Camera X4

Kaiser Baas Action Camera X4

See the Best Action Cameras in 2021 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Brand Manager for Kaiser Baas? Register now and take advantage of ProductReview's Brand Management Platform!

Ian C.
Ian C.South East Queensland, QLD

Heap of garbage

Purchased in August 2020 at JB Hi-Fi Retail Stores for $159.00.

won't turn on every time even when charged

so I got this from Kogan and it took more than twice the time it said it should take to charge on the manual. not only that, I have found that I'm having trouble getting it to turn on every time I want to use it.

Purchased in October 2020 at Kogan.com for $99.00.

Other Action Cameras

Good quality pics and videos

Purchased in June 2020 at Harvey Norman for $299.00.

I would look elsewhere

I bought this as I already have a KB Camera. As a couple have said before, the second I opened the waterproof case the clasp broke. One small plastic latch that shattered 1st time. That aside, no instructions or dedicated app. The KB App isn’t the best. Loud beep when you take a photo that you can’t turn off or reduce volume. There are some good features but overall I wouldn’t.

Purchased in February 2020 at Harvey Norman.

Quality is meh, useless in low light and camera stopped working completely right after the warranty finished

Quality was never great in recording, colour was always duller and never true.

Inside the water proof case the camera has terrible audio on top of audio not being great in the first place.

Was adequate as I was using it as a motorcycle "daschcam" in case of an incident. But one day the month after it's short warranty expired the camera no longer turns on.

I didn't buy it, I received it as a gift so that's why I'm not upset enough to give it a one star. Reading the reviews others have posted I would never recommend using it as a dashcam because apparently it likes to turn off randomly during recording, making you feel like you're protected only to find it wasn't recording when someone merges into your vehicle.

Purchased in December 2018.

jon
jonPerth, WA

KBX450 bought Dec 2109

Lack of information on instructions,no instructions how to delete files on camera screen (stand alone )when Wifi or comp' is not required disappointed the buttons do not initiate commands without repressing until beep is heard. though 14Mp is great viewing.
Reading other review the red light goes out on the screen when fully charged

Purchased in December 2019 at JB Hi-Fi for $179.00.

Aaron C.
Aaron C.Mid North Coast, NSW

Case Broke

Purchased in November 2019 at JB Hi-Fi Retail Stores for $179.00.

cee
ceeGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Ok But Will Delete Footage Just Save Extra And Buy The Gopro Or Paralenz

Was good had mine since 2017 many diving trips recorded camera is nice....
it started to delete all my footage off the camera. saying "video recovery" I select yes and then all footage was deleted...
absolute crap camera very very disappointed I had some amazing footage that's never been seen.
Thanks Kaiser Baas X4 for nothing.....

Purchased in September 1994 at jbhifi for $250.00.

KennyGreat Southern, WA

yet to test

I'm having problems with charging it every time I take it off charge it won't turn on any way of fixing this issue and how do I know when it's fully charged

Kenny

I actually have the x500 still waiting on it to charge I hope it works fine otherwise I'll be getting a refund from kogan.com

Edward C.
Edward C.Sydney, NSW

Not bad at all... best KB yet

I purchased the 400x because it was able to take 5 second photo bursts that my GoPro 7 didn’t do....I use them connected to my photo drone... the quality is good and this model is easier to operate than previous models... I failed to fasten it to the drone correctly and the camera fell some 450m onto a concrete road whilst photographing property, the waterproof housing case was completely destroyed but the little camera survived. This model feels better in the hand than other models. I use both KB and GoPro and KB is more value for you money.

Purchased in June 2019 at JB Hi-Fi for $200.00.

emdeme
emdemeNewcastle

Couldn't use it right from new

Purchased in December 2018 at Harvey Norman.

Good at first but waterproof housing leaked

I was pretty satisfied with the product when I used it for my first diving trip. However, the waterproof housing started to leak during my second diving trip. As I could not head up the surface asap, i had to painfully hold my camera underwater for a good whole 20 minutes. I could not salvage the device, the only thing that was recoverable was the SD card. Batteries were burnt out and the device would not start any longer.

Date PurchasedJuly 2017

Low quality product and accessories

I recently bought the camera and had to get it replaced immediately after testing because the case broke. After going on a diving trip and using it for 1 day, the case broke again which left us with no underwater camera for the remainder of our holiday. Software is clunky and sometimes stops working completely, requiring a re-boot. Would not recommend - spend some extra money and get a GoPro.

Date PurchasedNov 2018
Flea
FleaVIC, 3000

Better than expected underwater camera

I bought this camera from JB HiFi not knowing what quality to expect from the underwater shots and videos. It has been the best little thing, so compact and unexpectedly good quality given its price point. I would highly recommend this camera if you are looking for an underwater option that is not as expensive as the GoPro.

Date PurchasedDec 2017

Pierre
PierrePerth

Disappointing

Date PurchasedJune 2017

Grant A.
Grant A.asked

Why does the Kaiser Baas x250 not save its settings when you turn it off and on again? This is very frustrating and time consuming. Also it randomly stops recording and or turns off - Grrr...
Other than those gripes the recording quality is surprisingly good for the price.

BJY
BJYasked

I have downloaded the app and on the back of the X400 it says connected to my iPhone. I went through the menu options and it says connected on the camera. But in Settings wifi on my iPhone it says No Internet connection. And it’s stuck on the Connect To page. Can’t get to the control page on my iPhone. Can’t see any photos or videos on the camera in the app on my iPhone.

Tracy
Tracyasked

Have just purchased X450 camera and wondering how do you change the mode setting from Photo to Video or Timer when underwater? There was no instructions in the packaging and I am a complete novice. Also trying to find the app and how to turn on WIFI. Thanks

See all Kaiser Baas Action Camera X4 questions