Kaiser Baas R40

Kaiser Baas R40

Ella reVictoria, 3000

Super Dashcam with all the bells and whistles

Well built quality product, easy to install and set up, slightly larger in real life than I anticipated from the pictures online but fits behind the rear view mirror well. Video quality seems very clear, and it even comes with a parking mode which I didn't see documented. Overall very happy with this R40 Kaiser dash cam.
    5 out of 5 thumbs from me.

Warwick G.asked

I get a lot of reflection off the yndscreen and dash top! Any suggested cures for this as some footage quite unclear?

Ella re

Im not getting any of the concerns your finding? .. Maybe try mounting the unit on a different part of your windshield?

Warwick G.

It would be fine if the unit was able to be fitted either left or right side of the vehicle (OK on the right, but gesture sensor is inaccessible when on left). My vehicle has embeded reflective screening in the glass around the rear view mirror position that cannot have even labels placed over it, so I am limited to top of w/screen left or right of mirror!
    The reflections seem to be due to the slope of the screen, the steeper slope the further the camera lens is away from the screen surface and the worse the reflection problem becomes. When the camera is positioned on the left (passenger side) the reulting video does not fully show oncoming traffic.
    My best option seems to be some form of lens shade on the bottom side of the camera, failing that I will hsve to return it "as not fit for purpose".

Lancer1993
    Lancer1993asked

I've got this, how do you active the parking mode?

Ella re

Im yet to figure this out too .. When I park it says parking mode activated and then 30 seconds later it says leaving parking mode so not quite sure to be 100% honest ..

CategoryDash Cams
    Viewing Angle 152°
    Camera Resolution1080p (Full HD)
    Channels 1
    FeaturesAutomatic Incident Detection (G-sensor), GPS, No Screen (Camera Only) and Wi-Fi
    Memory TypeMicroSD card