Kambrook Air Chef KAF200

Kambrook Air Chef KAF200

MPN: KAM-KAF200WHT

Very disappointed!

Bought this as a gift for my wife. Setting it up for the first time, the draw became stuck. I rang customer service and they said to take it back to the store but check to make sure the replacement works. They come sealed in a box so this will be awkward in the store. The point is I shouldn't have to make a 40 minute trip each way(time and fuel) to ask for a replacement of a brand new appliance.
Not happy Jan!

Purchased in June 2019 at Big W for $169.00.

MammaEerie

MammaEerieChristies Downs, South Australia

Great item if you don't make silly mistakes.

I have had the Kambrook Air chef for over a year.
So far so good, except we made the mistake of not removing the fry basket from the drawer before shaking the food about for more even heat distribution and the handle has broken off.
We have sort of fixed it with super glue.
Still cooks well, great for all kinds of food. Makes great fried tofu and roasted vegies.
Would buy again, but with more hindsight on the aforementioned issue.

Date PurchasedAug 2017
Lizzy

LizzySpringwood

I love this.

Great product, fast, healthy cooking. Can do everything in it, have cooked sausages, chips, spring rolls, going to do a small roast this weekend. So excited by this method of cooking! Favourite present ever! I can't believe the quality and flavour of the food when it comes out. Very happy will be using for everything.

Date PurchasedMay 2018

Garry HSydney, NSW

Broken handle

Just like many other reviews love the product but the broken handle is a pain in the butt. Pull the tray out and quickly put an oven-gloved hand underneath before it falls apart.
Mr KAMBROOK, I will contact customer services on 1300 139 798 as per your previous replies.
I have contacted customer services and I can purchase a new basket which is great BUT has the handle problem been fixed? I don't want to waste money buying a new basket just to have the handle break again.

Date PurchasedApr 2016
Garry H

It has now been 2 months since I raised this issue and still no reply from Kambrook. Very disappointed. Looks like I'll just have to buy one from a company that truly likes to keep their customers. Kogan & Tefal come to mind.

Was great at first but 6 months old and handle broken.

I can only repeat what nearly every review has said about the handle coming away.
First time with no warning I pulled out the basket and the hot food landed on my feet.
Wouldn't bother with a replacement as feel it's an ongoing problem. Will look for another brand..
I expect more value for money. Only 6 months old...

Date PurchasedJul 2017

Basket issues

I bought the Kambrook Airfryer and use it constantly. Now, however, the basket has nearly separated from the handle. We love our air fryer (a great way of cooking healthy chips and other things) but now the basket has almost separated from the handle. Does anyone know where I can purchase a new basket?

RachelKambrook

Hi Cath, please contact the customer service team on 1300 139 798. Thanks, the Kambrook Team

Smithy1956AU

Looks like I'm not the only one with a broken handle

This thing worked beautifully until the handle became loose. If you haven't got a handle you can't manage the food because it really is hot when it comes out of the fryer.
Upon investigation, I discovered the handle is secured to the basket by 6 screws, 4 of which are into 1/4" plastic stand offs. 2 were broken which is to be expected since it gets so hot. Purchased from BigW, so remain hopeful of getting a warranty claim, but not holding my breath.

Good product, rubbish mechanical design but to be expected for $100. Will try the Kogan one next.

Date PurchasedMar 2017
RachelKambrook

Hi, please contact our customer service team on 1300 139 798. Thanks, the Kambrook Team

How do I do that?

RachelKambrook

Call 1300 139 798 to speak to our customer service personnel and advise them of them of the problem. Thanks, the Kambrook Team

Nicoleen

NicoleenPaparoa, New Zealand

Not sure what I think of it.

Noisy every so often, which I don't think it should sound the way it does. I had a Actifry which I thought was brilliant. But after three years it broke down, which, for what they cost should still be working. Also spoke to two others who had Actifry's which also stop working. Thought I would try the Kambrook, but I,m not so sure now.

Date PurchasedJun 2017

Makes great chips but you have to be involved.

Like other customer good product although have to shake basket every 10 minutes so items in top dont burn, but that is okay unless the handle breaks in opening and bottom falls out? Looks like corrosion of handle? Still under warranty so am hopeful for replacement, but will this happen again sounds like a familiar story???

Date PurchasedAug 2016
RachelKambrook

Hi JoF, please contact customer service regarding your handle on 1300 139 798 during business hours. Thanks, the Kambrook team.

EricTweed heads sth

Poor quality control and build quality

Same problem as it appears many other customers are having handle is coming of resulting in it not locking and of cause will not lift out container making it unsafe to use and will have to be thrown out destroyed for safe handling
The fryer was very good until this happened but I expect to get more than a years use out of it not impressed and as there is an obvious problem with the handle falling of or coming loose cannot recommend it and will have to take my business elsewhere have given it a 5 star rating for its ability when it was working but would have to give it 1 star for its quality control as this is not good enough and should be a recall as someone could get seriously hurt by this fault

Date PurchasedJan 2016

Drawer won't open

My Dad purchased the Air Chef a couple of weeks ago. Has used it only a few times. He cooked in it the other night and cannot open the drawer. Took it back to Big W where he purchased it but they told him they would not exchange it as he had lost his receipt. He is 94 years old and does his own cooking. He is very disappointed as well as it costing him $170 he also has lost the dinner that night as it is still in the machine. Very disappointed with Big W and Kambrook.

Date PurchasedDec 2017
RachelKambrook

Hi Ann - please contact customer service during business hours on 1300 139 798 or email askus@kambrook.com.au. Thanks, the Kambrook team.

Sarah

Sarahcooma

So many issues, won't be buying Kambrook ever again!

So disappointed in this product, after two months of owning this the handle broke, i emailed Kambrook but apparently it isn't covered undressed warranty they told me i would have to oder and pay for a new part. Not long after that the teflon started coming off. Now 13months after purchasing the air fryer it has stopped working completely....conveniently it only has a 12month warranty. I won't be buying from Kambrook ever again.

Date PurchasedDec 2015

happy33Sydney, NSW

Nice one!

happy33

Thank you. I've contacted customer service & a replacement basket will be sent to me.

I managed to buy a round and a rectangular glass baking dishes (heat resistant to 400 degrees). They fit & have worked ok so far.

Graham Norman

Graham NormanPerth

Dangerous, an accident waiting to happen

Date PurchasedAug 2016

Easy to use and clean

Bought just over a week ago so early days but so far so good.Easy to use and cleaning a breeze just pull out and wash in soapy water.Only made chips so far and they turned out good but going to try chicken nuggets,fish fingers etc l will write again if l have any problems

Beve rley gleeson

Beve rley gleeson

so good I purchased two

love this product so much I purchased a second one. It has a great size basket but the downside is that the non stick coating is coming off the basket. Why don't Kambrook supply a teflon liner with holes to alleviate this problem
similar to oven liners and bbq liners

Date PurchasedJul 2016
OfficialKambrook

Hi Beve rley gleeson, thanks for sharing your feedback with us.

Please contact the Kambrook customer care team on 1300 139 798 during business hours or e-mail askus@kambrook.com.au.

Paul

PaulBrisbane

Where has this been all my life

Quick,clean and convenient!! BUT....

Have had my machine for under four weeks. Love it, and so far have used it for mostly vegetables and chips .But on cleaning it last night noticed that the surface of the basket has started to flake off. Very disappointed. Would return it to place of purchase for a replacement, but they no longer sell them.

OfficialKambrook

Hi Franca - thanks very much for sharing your feedback. Could you please contact the Kambrook customer care team on 1300 139 798 during business hours or e-mail askus@kambrook.com.au. Thank you.

Very disappointed

First couple of times I used the air fryer I was very pleased with the quick and easy cooking. After a few uses the teflon coating started to flake off contaminating the food making it inedible. I am very disappointed and mad that I have wasted my money on the appliance and on food that had to be thrown out.

OfficialKambrook

Hi Springer - please contact the Kambrook customer care team on 1300 139 798 during business hours or e-mail askus@kambrook.com.au. Thank you.

Cam

Cam

Great

It does what it says it does on the box. The cooking tray is large enough to cook a meal for 2 people. The beauty about this fryer is that it warms up so quickly, given it has a 2.5L tray (I think)
Works every time, the simple timer control is sufficient

OfficialKambrook

Hi Cam - thanks very much for sharing your feedback with us.

Please visit www.aperfectpantry.com.au if you'd like some inspiration. There are a number of recipes developed using the Air Chef I hope you'll find helpful!