Kambrook Air Chef KAF200

Kambrook Air Chef KAF200

MPN: KAM-KAF200WHT

Great item if you don't make silly mistakes.

I have had the Kambrook Air chef for over a year.
So far so good, except we made the mistake of not removing the fry basket from the drawer before shaking the food about for more even heat distribution and the handle has broken off.
We have sort of fixed it with super glue.
Still cooks well, great for all kinds of food. Makes great fried tofu and roasted vegies.
Would buy again, but with more hindsight on the aforementioned issue.

Date PurchasedAug 2017

I love this.

Great product, fast, healthy cooking. Can do everything in it, have cooked sausages, chips, spring rolls, going to do a small roast this weekend. So excited by this method of cooking! Favourite present ever! I can't believe the quality and flavour of the food when it comes out. Very happy will be using for everything.

Date PurchasedMay 2018

Broken handle

Just like many other reviews love the product but the broken handle is a pain in the butt. Pull the tray out and quickly put an oven-gloved hand underneath before it falls apart.
Mr KAMBROOK, I will contact customer services on 1300 139 798 as per your previous replies.
I have contacted customer services and I can purchase a new basket which is great BUT has the handle problem been fixed? I don't want to waste money buying a new basket just to have the handle break again.
Garry H

Date PurchasedApr 2016
It has now been 2 months since I raised this issue and still no reply from Kambrook. Very disappointed. Looks like I'll just have to buy one from a company that truly likes to keep their customers. Kogan & Tefal come to mind.

Was great at first but 6 months old and handle broken.

I can only repeat what nearly every review has said about the handle coming away.
First time with no warning I pulled out the basket and the hot food landed on my feet.
Wouldn't bother with a replacement as feel it's an ongoing problem. Will look for another brand..
I expect more value for money. Only 6 months old...

Date PurchasedJul 2017

Basket issues

I bought the Kambrook Airfryer and use it constantly. Now, however, the basket has nearly separated from the handle. We love our air fryer (a great way of cooking healthy chips and other things) but now the basket has almost separated from the handle. Does anyone know where I can purchase a new basket?

Date PurchasedDec 2016
Hi Cath, please contact the customer service team on 1300 139 798. Thanks, the Kambrook Team

Looks like I'm not the only one with a broken handle

This thing worked beautifully until the handle became loose. If you haven't got a handle you can't manage the food because it really is hot when it comes out of the fryer.
Upon investigation, I discovered the handle is secured to the basket by 6 screws, 4 of which are into 1/4" plastic stand offs. 2 were broken which is to be expected since it gets so hot. Purchased from BigW, so remain hopeful of getting a warranty claim, but not holding my breath.

Good product, rubbish mechanical design but to be expected for $100. Will try the Kogan one next.

Date PurchasedMar 2017
Hi, please contact our customer service team on 1300 139 798. Thanks, the Kambrook TeamHow do I do that?Call 1300 139 798 to speak to our customer service personnel and advise them of them of the problem. Thanks, the Kambrook Team

Not sure what I think of it.

Noisy every so often, which I don't think it should sound the way it does. I had a Actifry which I thought was brilliant. But after three years it broke down, which, for what they cost should still be working. Also spoke to two others who had Actifry's which also stop working. Thought I would try the Kambrook, but I,m not so sure now.

Date PurchasedJun 2017

Makes great chips but you have to be involved.

Like other customer good product although have to shake basket every 10 minutes so items in top dont burn, but that is okay unless the handle breaks in opening and bottom falls out? Looks like corrosion of handle? Still under warranty so am hopeful for replacement, but will this happen again sounds like a familiar story???

Date PurchasedAug 2016
Hi JoF, please contact customer service regarding your handle on 1300 139 798 during business hours. Thanks, the Kambrook team.

Poor quality control and build quality

Same problem as it appears many other customers are having handle is coming of resulting in it not locking and of cause will not lift out container making it unsafe to use and will have to be thrown out destroyed for safe handling
The fryer was very good until this happened but I expect to get more than a years use out of it not impressed and as there is an obvious problem with the handle falling of or coming loose cannot recommend it and will have to take my business elsewhere have given it a 5 star rating for its ability when it was working but would have to give it 1 star for its quality control as this is not good enough and should be a recall as someone could get seriously hurt by this fault

Date PurchasedJan 2016
Have just been contacted by Kambrook and they have told me that the basket is normally a wear and tear item but they have offered to replace the basket for me to which I am very thankful to them and hopefully I get a better run out of this basket as the air fryer is as I said earlier a great product and would be sadly missed my thanks to Kambrook they have restored my faith in there products

Drawer won't open

My Dad purchased the Air Chef a couple of weeks ago. Has used it only a few times. He cooked in it the other night and cannot open the drawer. Took it back to Big W where he purchased it but they told him they would not exchange it as he had lost his receipt. He is 94 years old and does his own cooking. He is very disappointed as well as it costing him $170 he also has lost the dinner that night as it is still in the machine. Very disappointed with Big W and Kambrook.

Date PurchasedDec 2017
Hi Ann - please contact customer service during business hours on 1300 139 798 or email askus@kambrook.com.au. Thanks, the Kambrook team.

So many issues, won't be buying Kambrook ever again!

So disappointed in this product, after two months of owning this the handle broke, i emailed Kambrook but apparently it isn't covered undressed warranty they told me i would have to oder and pay for a new part. Not long after that the teflon started coming off. Now 13months after purchasing the air fryer it has stopped working completely....conveniently it only has a 12month warranty. I won't be buying from Kambrook ever again.

Date PurchasedDec 2015

Nice one!

I won't repeat the good things the other reviewers have said. It is very convenient because I don't have to fire up the big oven just to cook a few chips or pies, etc. The results are cripsy & delicious food.

As for cooking times & temperatures for the different foods, it is more of a trial and error for the individual user. If you follow the cooking instruction on the package, you are likely to have burnt food so I suggest you start off with a slightly lower temperature and shorter cooking time. You can always add more time if further cooking is needed. And remember to shake/turn the food to ensure even cooking because the heat appears to be coming from the top only.

Have used the fryer for a week and while I haven't experienced any flaking (yet) of the teflon coated basket, food has begun to stick. Washing up is no longer that quick and easy because I need to gently scrape off the stuck food.

I also wish Kambrook sells similar accessories like the Philips Air Fryer double layer rack and a baking pan. Not having any luck finding the right size pan at the moment.

Update 12 Jan 2017 - Unfortunately the teflon coating has started to flake off so minus one star rating.

Date PurchasedDec 2016
Hi happy33 - To avoid food slightly sticking to the basket please avoid using metal kitchen utensils or abrasive cleaning materials to clean the pan and basket as this may have damaged the non-stick coating. If you haven't been doing this, please contact customer service (1300 139 798) and they may be able to assist with a replacement basket. When cleaning, soak the pan and basket in hot soapy water for approximately 10 minutes before cleaning so it is easier to wash. Clean the pan and basket with hot soapy water and a non-abrasive, soft scouring pad or sponge. Regarding accessories, for baking, small baking tins that fit he air frying oven basket can be purchased from most home stores. DIMENSIONS: Square: 7.5cmx7.5cm, Heart: 10cmx10cm Bundt: 11cm diameterThank you. I've contacted customer service & a replacement basket will be sent to me. I managed to buy a round and a rectangular glass baking dishes (heat resistant to 400 degrees). They fit & have worked ok so far.

Dangerous, an accident waiting to happen

I got this little beastie for Father's Day, what was originally an awesome little fryer turned into something rather sinister. The handle that is attached to the fryer cage, has a safety latch to attach it to the basket. Well the handle has decided to start to separate from the cage and as a result, the safety catch no longer engages. My first introduction to this was cooking home made chips (nothing heavy) and the basket dropped off, landing on the floor. nearly landing on my feet (200deg C). I am grateful that there was no oil in the basket. Since then it has got worse. I'll be taking it back for a refund and purchase something else. I have reported it to Kambrook who said it was a once off and has not been reported before. Not sure if anyone else has had this problem but please! Be aware of this as it is a safety concern, and may happen to others. I am grateful I do not have lino or kitchen carpet (god forbid) in the kitchen.

Date PurchasedAug 2016
Hi Graham Norman, if you haven't already done so, please get into contact with our customer service team in order for us to retrieve the unit for assessment by out quality team. They can be reached on 1300 139 798 during business hours or please e-mail askus@kambrook.com.au. Thank you.

Easy to use and clean

Bought just over a week ago so early days but so far so good.Easy to use and cleaning a breeze just pull out and wash in soapy water.Only made chips so far and they turned out good but going to try chicken nuggets,fish fingers etc l will write again if l have any problems

so good I purchased two

love this product so much I purchased a second one. It has a great size basket but the downside is that the non stick coating is coming off the basket. Why don't Kambrook supply a teflon liner with holes to alleviate this problem
similar to oven liners and bbq liners

Date PurchasedJul 2016
Hi Beve rley gleeson, thanks for sharing your feedback with us. Please contact the Kambrook customer care team on 1300 139 798 during business hours or e-mail askus@kambrook.com.au.

Where has this been all my life

I have owned this appliance now for about 6 months, I read reviews here before I bought it and I was a little concerned about some of the reports but for the price I couldn't resist.

I have found that this appliance is fantastic for cooking anything that you want a nice crispy finish on, I cook chicko rolls, pies, kebabs (short ones), steak, chicken, fish fingers, fish, potato chips you name it and it comes out a nice appetising toasty colour, taste and crispiness, unlike if you were to microwave these products.

There is a thermostat that goes up to 200 degrees and a timer that can be set up to 30 minutes, how simple is that. Lately I have taken to just always setting 200 degrees and 15 - 20 minutes on everything, seems to work for me.
I love this product, I use it at least 2 times a week sometimes every day, it saves me time and I love how it cooks, its easy and it makes very tasty food, if it ever stopped working I would buy another one.

Quick,clean and convenient!! BUT....

Have had my machine for under four weeks. Love it, and so far have used it for mostly vegetables and chips .But on cleaning it last night noticed that the surface of the basket has started to flake off. Very disappointed. Would return it to place of purchase for a replacement, but they no longer sell them.

Hi Franca - thanks very much for sharing your feedback. Could you please contact the Kambrook customer care team on 1300 139 798 during business hours or e-mail askus@kambrook.com.au. Thank you.

Very disappointed

First couple of times I used the air fryer I was very pleased with the quick and easy cooking. After a few uses the teflon coating started to flake off contaminating the food making it inedible. I am very disappointed and mad that I have wasted my money on the appliance and on food that had to be thrown out.

Hi Springer - please contact the Kambrook customer care team on 1300 139 798 during business hours or e-mail askus@kambrook.com.au. Thank you.

Great

It does what it says it does on the box. The cooking tray is large enough to cook a meal for 2 people. The beauty about this fryer is that it warms up so quickly, given it has a 2.5L tray (I think)
Works every time, the simple timer control is sufficient

Hi Cam - thanks very much for sharing your feedback with us. Please visit www.aperfectpantry.com.au if you'd like some inspiration. There are a number of recipes developed using the Air Chef I hope you'll find helpful!

Don't know what I ever did without it.

We bought our Kambrook Air Chef 2 weeks ago. I have so far used it everyday, without any problems. I've made, roasts, chicken drumsticks, porterhouse steaks, lamb shanks, salmon steaks, wedges, both frozen and homemade, muffins and more......I'm in love....I don't know why it took us so long to buy one.
What I also like is the ease of washing the basket and pan. It doesn't need scrubbing. One of the meals I pre heated the fryer, but then after reading the book I found that all you need to do is add an extra 3 minutes to the cooking time if you use it from cold. I down loaded the Kambrook Air Chef cookbook from the internet and have so many more delicious meals that I can cook.
I stapled the receipt with the warranty to the back of the book just in case I need it, but so far everything is honky dory. It's a shame after reading some of the reviews that people have left that they are experiencing problems with it, but that's what warranties are for. I for one am 100% satisfied and as I said have used it everyday for the last fortnight and on some days...(Muffin days) I have used it more than once on that day. Everything gets cooked to perfection, and if like my porterhouse was a little over then all I'll do is reduce the time by a minute. I will be purchasing another one so that I can have two on the go at the same time.