Kambrook KFA837

Kambrook KFA837

MPN: KAM-KFA837GRY
See the Best Standalone Fans in 2022 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Listing monitored by Kambrook

Peta
PetaSydney, NSW

Total Failure. Waste Of Money.

I purchased the 90cmc tall Kambrook Artic Cooling Advantage for my small 8 square metre home office.
I don't understand why there's a temperature display when it shows the 27° room temperature before I turned the power on and continues to show 27° after running it for over 70 minutes. All it does is to circulate the hot air.
I have to sit within 50cms of it to feel the breeze it creates, but all it's doing is to circulate the hot air. I'm literally sitting here sweating. To say it's totally useless is a compliment. What a waste of money, when my ceiling fan is more effective.
I feel they have described their product fraudulently and when using terms like "Artic Cooling Advantage", it falsely advertises their product.

Purchased in December 2020 at The Good Guys for $99.

after a year has issues & stops working - confirmed

Stay clear from buying this fan. Rapidly switches modes by itself and makes that annoying beeping sound constantly. Complete and utter trash. Won't be buying any kambrook products ever again.

Purchased at Harvey Norman for $89.

Herbert63
Herbert63Perth, WA

Might be a faulty individual model but....

The fan sparked and stopped working the second time it was plugged in. I will be taking it back today. I couldn’t recommend this, it didn’t even last three hours!

Purchased in December 2019 at The Good Guys for $129.

Elsie
ElsieMelbourne

Not recommended!

Bought one- stopped working first week. Back for exchange. Very limited output and range. Does not keep air moving in one medium sized bedroom. Tower Design quite trendy but not efficient or worth the cost. Disappointed overall and would not purchase again given the choice! Old fashioned design much better!

Date PurchasedFeb 2018

Brett
BrettSydney

Good for the first 6 months

The Kambrook KFA837 is good, but mine only lasted 6 months. It is quiet, lightweight, and has good oscillation and the ability to set a timer from 1hr-8hr long, which is beneficial. However, my fan only lasted 6 months before it stopped working. The oscillation stopped, and then the actual fan/motor stopped. I read online that this is quite common in dusty environments. Compared to a normal fan that is higher from the ground, it makes sense that dust and particles could impact this fan more due to its closer proximity to the ground. Other than this issue, it served us well as a good fan.

Date PurchasedFeb 2017

Avoid

Was great while it lasted. Which was 2 seasons of minimal use. I loved it. But plugged it in last night for the first time in 12 months and the oscillation doesn't work. Just like that. Makes a clicking noise and won't move. Stuck. I'm really annoyed - it's basically brand new. Rang Kambrook help today and was fobbed off with the usual it's not worth fixing, it'll cost you $60 just for a tech to look at it blah blah see ya later. Not happy.

RachelKambrook

Hi Jaynine, please contact our customer service team on 1300 139 798. Thanks, the Kambrook Team

Jaynine
Jaynine

Called Kambrook Customer Service team - got the same response. But in a nicer manner than the original. Was advised that the message from Kambrook Team above was automated after a social media search on Kambrook and doesn't mean anything. Nice.

GCEMelbourne

Not working - just short of 2 years old

Was good while it lasted. Warranty was only for 12 months. Judging by other comments here, I guess I'm lucky to have had it last that long. Was dubious about the Kambrook name. And now I remain even more so. I will not buy Kambrook products again and suggest others do not either!

Date PurchasedJan 2016

Smart shopping tips to help you make the most of Black Friday sales

Clara V.
Clara V.15 Nov 2021
smart-shopping-tips-to-help-you-make-the-most-of-black-friday-sales
Christmas Gift Ideas for Mum

Avleen M.
Avleen M.29 Nov 2021
christmas-gift-ideas-for-mum
The top-rated kitchen appliances for 2022!

Avleen M.
Avleen M.14 Dec 2021
the-top-rated-kitchen-appliances-for-2022
MilordDuffy 2611, ACT

Great fan apart from one very annoying thing

I'm not entirely sure if it is the KFA837 or 839 as the picture shown on both are the same types.

| bought this a few years ago, so it might be the 837, in any case, its a great fan with the little pocket at the very top to place your remote onto, however the only thing that I find the utmost annoying is the stupid beeping noise.

I can't fathom why on earth there is no option to physically turn off the noise either on the unit or via the remote.

I have read on reviews perhaps even here that you can open up the unit and remove the component that causes the beeping to happen.

I'm sorry but this is a stupid feature and beeps even when the unit is not switched on.

RachelKambrook

Hi, please contact the customer service team on 1300 139 798. Thanks, the Kambrook Team

John
JohnSydney

Works well until it doesn't.....seems like a common theme in the reviews

Loved this fan until it stopped working 18 months after purchased. It was nice and quiet but now it is a little too quiet! I hope Kambrook are reading these reviews and fix the reliability of their fans, as when they do work, they are great. Or provide a 24 month warranty.

Wendy M
Wendy MSouth East Queensland, QLD

Stopped working 2 mths after warranty expired

Good for 2 years then dies

We bought this fan in December 2014. Was fine while it worked - good output although was very difficult to keep dust free. It lasted two years and then one day (of course one of those hot days!) it suddenly just stopped working - seems from other similar reviews like 2 years is the use by date!

Date PurchasedDec 2014

Beeping Mental!

Fan worked great over last Summer.. pulled it out for this scorching weather and after a few days of use it has become a nuisance. Everytime the LED screen goes into 'sleep' mode the damn thing beeps itself back into action. If it's not the hot weather keeping me awake at night, now its the incessant beeping. It is also changing settings on its own and not responding to the buttons on the machine other than the power. Of course it's just outside of warranty too. Paid $120 for this. Far from impressed.

TooBlue
TooBlueRobina

Good Fan but just doesn't last. Not reliable.

This is a super fan but lasted just until it was out of warranty. Never used during winter but when we tried to use it again in summer it started beeping non stop. It changes programmes constantly and beeps every time. The service centre wanted to charge us $44 just to look at it! It is a good fan but not worth the money spent.

ThePeoplesChamp
ThePeoplesChampCanberra Central 2601, ACT

BEWARE - Worthless junk didn't last 3 days before breaking - BEWARE

Bought this fan because it's tall and the fan type is particularly quiet compared to a standard blade fan. Only a few days after purchase the motor started to rattle which is unbearable at night when you're trying to sleep. Will never buy a Kambrook fan again. I returned it and replaced it with a Convair CTF10 which features a solid construction, effective airflow and no gimmicky bright blue screen.

Date PurchasedOct 2016

Stop working after two years.

Bought this fan two years ago. We only use the fan during summer days, all of a sudden it just stopped working. Went to Harvey Norman to checked if it's still under warranty, unfortunately it was'nt anymore. Sad to say I have to purchase another fan. Did'nt expect that this fan will only last for just two years.

Date PurchasedOct 2015

Cgd
Cgdasked

What is the rattling noise every time it turns on? We got it 10 minutes ago, set it up and plugged it in, and there's a horrible noise of something scraping against something. We removed a tiny metal shard from the blade (don't ask me what it was doing there, I don't know either,) and are about to open it up to see what else is stuck on there.
Too early to write a review as we haven't been able to actually test it, but why is a brand new fan covered in loud crap that we have to take out? (Also there's a bunch of different screw types. What the hell?)

CM.Jones
CM.Jonesasked

My machine is really only a year old - it stopped working after 6 months - the fan just doesn’t work I am so so annoyed! I take such good care of it - consistently cleaning and dusting etc and itnbroke just like that. The fan just won’t work but everything else is fine. What should I do?!

GCE

Hello CM Jones. I'm sorry to hear about your trouble with the fan. But I had the same problem. Just short of 2 years my Kambrook KFA837 tower fan stopped working altogether. It was out of Warranty, so the only thing I could do was to buy another one. I bought a Sunbeam FA7250, and I now have 2 of them. So far both of them are working perfectly (fingers crossed). Sorry I can't be of more help than this. Cheers, Gaye.

RachelKambrook

Hi, please contact our customer service team on 1300 139 798. Thanks, the Kambrook Team

Loz
Lozasked

I have had a Kambrook arctice KFA837 for a couple of weeks and it has been awesome. It has been super quite and everything has worked well... However this afternoon the whole fan just started vibrating... I have no idea what is making the whole thing just vibrate. I have tried putting it on a lower speed but it doesn't stop. Please help, it is really annoying and i don't think it is working as well as it was!!!

Ozholly
Ozholly

Sorry I can't help you. You should take it back to where you bought it from and ask for a replacement.

OfficialKambrook

Hi Loz, please contact the Kambrook customer care team on 1300 139 798 during business hours or e-mail askus@kambrook.com.au. Thank you.

Get an answer from our members and Kambrook representatives

CategoryStandalone Fans