Kambrook KFA837

Kambrook KFA837

MPN: KAM-KFA837GRY
See the Best Standalone Fans in 2022 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Listing monitored by Kambrook

• Power
Kishore
KishoreSouth East Queensland, QLD

This fan is not suitable if you are looking for a larger room

This fan is not suitable if the room size is big or expecting wide coverage. Recommended only if you want to use it for single person in a small room to save space. Hence it returned it back to Good Guys with no hassles.

Purchased in February 2019 at The Good Guys for $80.

Elsie
ElsieMelbourne

Not recommended!

Bought one- stopped working first week. Back for exchange. Very limited output and range. Does not keep air moving in one medium sized bedroom. Tower Design quite trendy but not efficient or worth the cost. Disappointed overall and would not purchase again given the choice! Old fashioned design much better!

Date PurchasedFeb 2018
Ryan
Ryan

This is perfect

First of all, I can not find the product of Costco, so I leave a review on the product that is as similar as possible.
Wind power and turning rate are thought to vary depending on motor performance.
Basically it is better than a regular fan.
I wouldn't recommend the only baby run around or around.
The fan will fall right before it breaks down.

Date PurchasedOct 2017
Brett
BrettSydney

Good for the first 6 months

The Kambrook KFA837 is good, but mine only lasted 6 months. It is quiet, lightweight, and has good oscillation and the ability to set a timer from 1hr-8hr long, which is beneficial. However, my fan only lasted 6 months before it stopped working. The oscillation stopped, and then the actual fan/motor stopped. I read online that this is quite common in dusty environments. Compared to a normal fan that is higher from the ground, it makes sense that dust and particles could impact this fan more due to its closer proximity to the ground. Other than this issue, it served us well as a good fan.

Date PurchasedFeb 2017

Rose
RoseRockdale

Pretty good product

It gives out air however i was displeased by the fact that it is not enough to keep the entire room cool during summer. Otherwise...it is a good value for the money since it looks sleek. Thougj, I would say a normal fan would keep the room cooler than this machine.

Date PurchasedDec 2017
Terry
TerryRosebery

Good enough.

I bought it with the thinking that it might be a very good fan as i saw one at my cousins house which wad very good but my one it's not that good. Or may be suitable only for room futted with air conditioning facilities. So please buy it carefully.

Date PurchasedNov 2017
Simon
Simon

Good but with some flaws

Date PurchasedDec 2016

Smart shopping tips to help you make the most of Black Friday sales

Clara V.
Clara V.15 Nov 2021
smart-shopping-tips-to-help-you-make-the-most-of-black-friday-sales
Christmas Gift Ideas for Mum

Avleen M.
Avleen M.29 Nov 2021
christmas-gift-ideas-for-mum
The top-rated kitchen appliances for 2022!

Avleen M.
Avleen M.14 Dec 2021
the-top-rated-kitchen-appliances-for-2022
Virago
ViragoBRISBANE

OK

Liked the tower construction, makes it easy to store away when not in used or place in most rooms for cooling.
Power output OK. Various modes seem a bit gimmicky and quiet mode not discernibly quieter than other modes.
As others have mentioned, the blue LED display is annoying at night and a poor choice given what is now known about blue light and its effect on sleep. Our unit seems to have lasted longer than most other reviewers. However, the wireless control packed-up pretty quickly which was a shame because it was very useful when it did work.

Date PurchasedNov 2016
T.N
T.NSydney, NSW

Does provide cool air with a good flow

You do feel a cooling sensation with this fan that is more than just pushing air around. It does have longevity issues as we replaced ours within the first 2 months. The most annoying thing about this fan is as another reviewer has mentioned, there are annoying beep sounds when you change any of the functions. This is most irritating overnight. My personal pet hate is that the LCD screen lights up the entire room on changing functions as well. This is terrible when you're using the fan in a room with a child.

Date PurchasedOct 2016

Avoid

Was great while it lasted. Which was 2 seasons of minimal use. I loved it. But plugged it in last night for the first time in 12 months and the oscillation doesn't work. Just like that. Makes a clicking noise and won't move. Stuck. I'm really annoyed - it's basically brand new. Rang Kambrook help today and was fobbed off with the usual it's not worth fixing, it'll cost you $60 just for a tech to look at it blah blah see ya later. Not happy.

RachelKambrook

Hi Jaynine, please contact our customer service team on 1300 139 798. Thanks, the Kambrook Team

Jaynine
Jaynine

Called Kambrook Customer Service team - got the same response. But in a nicer manner than the original. Was advised that the message from Kambrook Team above was automated after a social media search on Kambrook and doesn't mean anything. Nice.

MilordDuffy 2611, ACT

Great fan apart from one very annoying thing

I'm not entirely sure if it is the KFA837 or 839 as the picture shown on both are the same types.

| bought this a few years ago, so it might be the 837, in any case, its a great fan with the little pocket at the very top to place your remote onto, however the only thing that I find the utmost annoying is the stupid beeping noise.

I can't fathom why on earth there is no option to physically turn off the noise either on the unit or via the remote.

I have read on reviews perhaps even here that you can open up the unit and remove the component that causes the beeping to happen.

I'm sorry but this is a stupid feature and beeps even when the unit is not switched on.

RachelKambrook

Hi, please contact the customer service team on 1300 139 798. Thanks, the Kambrook Team

Ivan
IvanRockdale

It was ok

The fan tower was ok. It work well but it a bit noisy because of the motor. The fan has three level. I always turn on level one or two because when I tune on lever three, the motor was so loud. But the good thing is it used small space and look beautiful when compared to normal fan.

Date PurchasedDec 2016

Wendy M
Wendy MSouth East Queensland, QLD

Stopped working 2 mths after warranty expired

Date PurchasedJan 2016

Good for 2 years then dies

We bought this fan in December 2014. Was fine while it worked - good output although was very difficult to keep dust free. It lasted two years and then one day (of course one of those hot days!) it suddenly just stopped working - seems from other similar reviews like 2 years is the use by date!

Date PurchasedDec 2014
TooBlue
TooBlueRobina

Good Fan but just doesn't last. Not reliable.

This is a super fan but lasted just until it was out of warranty. Never used during winter but when we tried to use it again in summer it started beeping non stop. It changes programmes constantly and beeps every time. The service centre wanted to charge us $44 just to look at it! It is a good fan but not worth the money spent.

Cgd
Cgdasked

What is the rattling noise every time it turns on? We got it 10 minutes ago, set it up and plugged it in, and there's a horrible noise of something scraping against something. We removed a tiny metal shard from the blade (don't ask me what it was doing there, I don't know either,) and are about to open it up to see what else is stuck on there.
Too early to write a review as we haven't been able to actually test it, but why is a brand new fan covered in loud crap that we have to take out? (Also there's a bunch of different screw types. What the hell?)

CM.Jones
CM.Jonesasked

My machine is really only a year old - it stopped working after 6 months - the fan just doesn’t work I am so so annoyed! I take such good care of it - consistently cleaning and dusting etc and itnbroke just like that. The fan just won’t work but everything else is fine. What should I do?!

GCE
GCE

Hello CM Jones. I'm sorry to hear about your trouble with the fan. But I had the same problem. Just short of 2 years my Kambrook KFA837 tower fan stopped working altogether. It was out of Warranty, so the only thing I could do was to buy another one. I bought a Sunbeam FA7250, and I now have 2 of them. So far both of them are working perfectly (fingers crossed). Sorry I can't be of more help than this. Cheers, Gaye.

RachelKambrook

Hi, please contact our customer service team on 1300 139 798. Thanks, the Kambrook Team

Loz
Lozasked

I have had a Kambrook arctice KFA837 for a couple of weeks and it has been awesome. It has been super quite and everything has worked well... However this afternoon the whole fan just started vibrating... I have no idea what is making the whole thing just vibrate. I have tried putting it on a lower speed but it doesn't stop. Please help, it is really annoying and i don't think it is working as well as it was!!!

Ozholly
Ozholly

Sorry I can't help you. You should take it back to where you bought it from and ask for a replacement.

OfficialKambrook

Hi Loz, please contact the Kambrook customer care team on 1300 139 798 during business hours or e-mail askus@kambrook.com.au. Thank you.

Get an answer from our members and Kambrook representatives

CategoryStandalone Fans