Kambrook KFA837

Kambrook KFA837

MPN: KAM-KFA837GRY
See the Best Standalone Fans in 2022 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Listing monitored by Kambrook

• Power
20 Year Leasee
20 Year LeaseeSydney Surrounds, NSW

Eventually Failed

Fan worked fine for 9 months but now it constantly beeps as if the remote is being used to change the speed setting. Good while it lasted but now it’s too annoying to put up with.

Purchased in December 2020 at Harvey Norman Retail Stores for $79.

Blew up after 1 month of use

Since JBHIFI wants to reject my review, ill put it here. Fan was actually good for the 1 month I got to use it, was quiet enough on lowest setting. Used it about 10-15 day time sessions and 3-4 nights and on the last night it blew up at 4am, stopped working and filled my room with the smell of burning plastic. Taking it back under warranty.

Purchased in December 2021 for $79.

Peta
PetaSydney, NSW

Total Failure. Waste Of Money.

I purchased the 90cmc tall Kambrook Artic Cooling Advantage for my small 8 square metre home office.
I don't understand why there's a temperature display when it shows the 27° room temperature before I turned the power on and continues to show 27° after running it for over 70 minutes. All it does is to circulate the hot air.
I have to sit within 50cms of it to feel the breeze it creates, but all it's doing is to circulate the hot air. I'm literally sitting here sweating. To say it's totally useless is a compliment. What a waste of money, when my ceiling fan is more effective.
I feel they have described their product fraudulently and when using terms like "Artic Cooling Advantage", it falsely advertises their product.

Purchased in December 2020 at The Good Guys for $99.

after a year has issues & stops working - confirmed

Stay clear from buying this fan. Rapidly switches modes by itself and makes that annoying beeping sound constantly. Complete and utter trash. Won't be buying any kambrook products ever again.

Purchased at Harvey Norman for $89.

Herbert63
Herbert63Perth, WA

Might be a faulty individual model but....

The fan sparked and stopped working the second time it was plugged in. I will be taking it back today. I couldn’t recommend this, it didn’t even last three hours!

Purchased in December 2019 at The Good Guys for $129.

Vrajesh
Vrajesh

Perfect Solution for Summer

I am definitely satisfied with the product and does the job as promised, This was the best fan for option as it is not loud and it doesn't occupy space. its a perfect fan for modern style living, Functionality wise it has a very good remote and a space to rest when not needed. I would really recommend the Kambrook brand.

Date PurchasedDec 2017
Elsie
ElsieMelbourne

Not recommended!

Bought one- stopped working first week. Back for exchange. Very limited output and range. Does not keep air moving in one medium sized bedroom. Tower Design quite trendy but not efficient or worth the cost. Disappointed overall and would not purchase again given the choice! Old fashioned design much better!

Date PurchasedFeb 2018

Smart shopping tips to help you make the most of Black Friday sales

Clara V.
Clara V.15 Nov 2021
smart-shopping-tips-to-help-you-make-the-most-of-black-friday-sales
Christmas Gift Ideas for Mum

Avleen M.
Avleen M.29 Nov 2021
christmas-gift-ideas-for-mum
The top-rated kitchen appliances for 2022!

Avleen M.
Avleen M.14 Dec 2021
the-top-rated-kitchen-appliances-for-2022
SueS
SueSSydney

Quiet and stylish fan

It is a fairly quiet fan that have several speed and wind settings. It is kind of handy with the remote control. It is of a decent height to blow wind across our living room. The Price is reasonable with good quality. The indicator is rather clear from far. When it is not on, it tells us the room temperature for our children bedroom. It is quite stylish looking too.

Date PurchasedSept 2017
Brett
BrettSydney

Good for the first 6 months

The Kambrook KFA837 is good, but mine only lasted 6 months. It is quiet, lightweight, and has good oscillation and the ability to set a timer from 1hr-8hr long, which is beneficial. However, my fan only lasted 6 months before it stopped working. The oscillation stopped, and then the actual fan/motor stopped. I read online that this is quite common in dusty environments. Compared to a normal fan that is higher from the ground, it makes sense that dust and particles could impact this fan more due to its closer proximity to the ground. Other than this issue, it served us well as a good fan.

Date PurchasedFeb 2017

Miki
Miki

good

The fan is good but make noise especially when we sleep can not leave it on. But the function is good such as timing, turning, different levels. And what is better it has remote control is very convenient. I reckon it's not electric saving product and the fan's power is medium.

Date PurchasedNov 2017
Hannah
HannahSydney

Good fan, but bit noisy

I think the power of the fan is good, but it does rattle a bit occasionally which is quite noisy. For the price I think you could get a better fan, but it is not bad. I find the low setting is enough power to keep the bedroom cool in summer, and we put it on a higher setting for the living room.

Date PurchasedJan 2018
Malburger
Malburger

Very quiet

I will never go back to pedestal fan after having this tower fan,I like the quietness of this fan,I have it on all night during the hot summer nights and it doesnt annoy anyone. It doesn't take any room and it is very light which makes it easy to move. Having a remote control is s bonus

Date PurchasedMay 2016

Avoid

Was great while it lasted. Which was 2 seasons of minimal use. I loved it. But plugged it in last night for the first time in 12 months and the oscillation doesn't work. Just like that. Makes a clicking noise and won't move. Stuck. I'm really annoyed - it's basically brand new. Rang Kambrook help today and was fobbed off with the usual it's not worth fixing, it'll cost you $60 just for a tech to look at it blah blah see ya later. Not happy.

Date PurchasedDec 2015
RachelKambrookSend a private message

Hi Jaynine, please contact our customer service team on 1300 139 798. Thanks, the Kambrook Team

Jaynine
Jaynine

Called Kambrook Customer Service team - got the same response. But in a nicer manner than the original. Was advised that the message from Kambrook Team above was automated after a social media search on Kambrook and doesn't mean anything. Nice.

GCEMelbourne

Not working - just short of 2 years old

Was good while it lasted. Warranty was only for 12 months. Judging by other comments here, I guess I'm lucky to have had it last that long. Was dubious about the Kambrook name. And now I remain even more so. I will not buy Kambrook products again and suggest others do not either!

Date PurchasedJan 2016
MilordDuffy 2611, ACT

Great fan apart from one very annoying thing

I'm not entirely sure if it is the KFA837 or 839 as the picture shown on both are the same types.

| bought this a few years ago, so it might be the 837, in any case, its a great fan with the little pocket at the very top to place your remote onto, however the only thing that I find the utmost annoying is the stupid beeping noise.

I can't fathom why on earth there is no option to physically turn off the noise either on the unit or via the remote.

I have read on reviews perhaps even here that you can open up the unit and remove the component that causes the beeping to happen.

I'm sorry but this is a stupid feature and beeps even when the unit is not switched on.

Date PurchasedDec 2015
RachelKambrookSend a private message

Hi, please contact the customer service team on 1300 139 798. Thanks, the Kambrook Team

Cgd
Cgdasked

What is the rattling noise every time it turns on? We got it 10 minutes ago, set it up and plugged it in, and there's a horrible noise of something scraping against something. We removed a tiny metal shard from the blade (don't ask me what it was doing there, I don't know either,) and are about to open it up to see what else is stuck on there.
Too early to write a review as we haven't been able to actually test it, but why is a brand new fan covered in loud crap that we have to take out? (Also there's a bunch of different screw types. What the hell?)

CM.Jones
CM.Jonesasked

My machine is really only a year old - it stopped working after 6 months - the fan just doesn’t work I am so so annoyed! I take such good care of it - consistently cleaning and dusting etc and itnbroke just like that. The fan just won’t work but everything else is fine. What should I do?!

RachelKambrookSend a private message

Hi, please contact our customer service team on 1300 139 798. Thanks, the Kambrook Team

Loz
Lozasked

I have had a Kambrook arctice KFA837 for a couple of weeks and it has been awesome. It has been super quite and everything has worked well... However this afternoon the whole fan just started vibrating... I have no idea what is making the whole thing just vibrate. I have tried putting it on a lower speed but it doesn't stop. Please help, it is really annoying and i don't think it is working as well as it was!!!

Ozholly
Ozholly

Sorry I can't help you. You should take it back to where you bought it from and ask for a replacement.

OfficialKambrookSend a private message

Hi Loz, please contact the Kambrook customer care team on 1300 139 798 during business hours or e-mail askus@kambrook.com.au. Thank you.

Get an answer from our members and Kambrook representatives

CategoryStandalone Fans