Kambrook KHP1B

Kambrook KHP1B

MPNs: KAM-KHP1B and KHP1B

Does alright job

Does take longer to heat up than a normal hot plate. I can get water to boil and I can fry meat. Does not heat up well pots and pans larger than actual hot plate. Indicates with light when hot plate is heating, but not when it is left on. The whole appliance gets hot during use and takes a while to cool down. I use this for myself in a granny flat and I cook most nights. Its not perfect, but it works well for me.

Date PurchasedMar 2018

Terrible - waste of money!

I bought this waste of space as a gift for my daughter in law as her hot plate in her apartment was under performing. I just used for the 1st time..JUNK! Don't waste your money. Simply Does not get hot, which is weird as they call it a "HOT" plate.

Date PurchasedDec 2016
Hi, please contact our customer service team on 1300 139 798. Thanks, the Kambrook Team

Not fit for purpose

Thermostat does not allow hot plate to get hot enough for proper cooking. Is suitable for simmering or slow cooking only. Completely unusable for frying and can not sear steak.

The control is unsafe, as it is easy for it to be inadvertently turned on. The 'Caution: Hot Surface" warning rubbed off on first cleaning, too bad if that was important. First bad review I have ever been motivated to write. Truly a terrible product.

Date PurchasedDec 2016
Hi David - please contact the Kambrook customer care team to further discuss this issue -1300 139 798 during business hours or e-mail askus@kambrook.com.au. Thank you, the Kambrook team.

Will not heat pan enough to cook eggs

Tried to boil some water to steam veggies, half an hour later water still not boiled. Cooker doesn't seem to produce enough heat to get cooking started but once started you can simmer really well. We purchased this newer model to replace the old kambrook unit we had with only a 4 position switch that wouldn't simmer.

Date PurchasedNov 2016
Hi Harvey, could you please contact the Kambrook customer care team on 1300 139 798 during business hours or e-mail askus@kambrook.com.au. Thank you.

Doesn't get hot enough to do its job

I bought this, so I could cook some breakfast at my work, but it simply doesn't get hot enough to cook anything within a reasonable amount of time.
I have one of those Tefal fry pans with the red dot in the middle which goes fully red once the frypan is heated, on a camping cooker, this takes 30sec to a min to get hot enough. With this hotplate on the highest setting it never gets hot enough to make the red dot fully red.
Tried cooking bacon and eggs, took about 30 mins to cook the eggs.
I contacted Kambrook and they suggested to take it to a service centre, but its frankly too much hassle for a $50 item.
Hopefully this review will help others to steer clear of wasting $55.

Date PurchasedJun 2015

Won't even boil water!

Bought hotplate today thinking it would be handy during kitchen reno. Does not heat enough to boil water. Really disappointed with this product. Total waste of $59