Kambrook Pressure Express KPR600

Kambrook Pressure Express KPR600

Pressure cookers are Great

Used a pressure cooker for years most used kitchen appliance in our house.
Lately the timer starts after coming up to pressure, but goes backwards instead of going towards off it goes backwards to saute. Can you tell me why? And how to fix.
A pressure cooker is the best thing on a kitchen have used for 30+ years.

Date PurchasedJan 2013

Great the best ever. Good good

The pressure cooker is brilliant.
Been used many times. Never fails. It's amazing. seals each time.
Cooks fast.
Is reliable. Hang broken after a year. It's good.
Cleans well. Its silver. It has a turn on knob.
It cooks stuff. it's really good...
Best pressure cooker I've ever bought. Just the best. Love it so much

Date PurchasedJan 2016

Great pressure cooker and slow cooker

We bought this from the Good guys on special, since purchasing it, we've used it a couple of times, it works really well, easy to use although the steam valve sometimes takes a bit of fiddling to get set to settle into place when first starting up, we just use a wooden chopstick to jiggle it around till it settles into place.

Date PurchasedJul 2017

Best kitchen appliance I have ever bought

I bought this for $89 and it is the best 89 dollars I have ever spent, it does everything I could wish for and beautifully and quickly with the tenderness of a Slow Cooked meal, outstanding!! Two people at work have bought one each and love it too.. Thanks so much!!

Date PurchasedJul 2017

love it!!!

works like a dream very easy to use and clean
steamed vegies to perfection with a steam basket (bought separate) have'nt tried any meat on its own but did do a curry turned out great
would recommend this pressure cooker to anyone it is a good price and i found it did not use up to much power

Date PurchasedSep 2016

Awesome & Simple!

Neat little pressure cooker which is so simple to use and easy to clean. Doesn't take up too much room in the cupboard and cooks meat so it is so tender. Highly recommend this product to anyone who is needing dinner in a hurry as you can cook a stew in less than 30 minutes!

Date PurchasedApr 2016

Cooks to perfection

I just love this pressure cooker. It is so easy to use and clean. It cooks food to perfection, especially meats come out so tender and tasty.
There is no need to spend a fortune on fancy pressure cooker when this one does absolutely the same thing.
I highly recommend it.

Date PurchasedFeb 2014

I am buying another one!!!

I use it nearly everyday, and sometimes multiple times per day. I have used it to make stews, rice, congee, soup, soy milk, corn beef, and more stews. It makes better rice than my rice cooker so I gave my rice cooker away. Now when I used it to make a stew and I need to make rice, then I would have to pour out my stew to make room for rice. That's why I need to buy one more, please make them go on sale!!! I find it when I make stews, don't put any liquid in it, and when it finished on number 6 setting, let it "saute" or boil for 15 minutes to reduce the sauce then it is perfect. I put random ingredients in there and it would come out perfect. I love the fact that I could turn the dial then leave the house and it would be ready when I came back. I had 2 other stove top pressure cooker before, and I had to remember to switch off the stove, which is hard when I am sleep deprived and running after children. I wish this model came with a timer, so I could set it to go on in the middle of the night and I would have congee or soup in the morning.

Date PurchasedOct 2014

Results are VERY Hit and Miss!!

Ive used mine for approx 9 months for soups/stews/curries and have always had very hit and miss results.
Sometimes the meat falls off the bone and potatoes/carrots nice and soft but then other times doing the exact same thing with same ingredients I find things not quite as done and have to re-do the timer.
Usually i can hear the appliance bubbling inside if i get close to it and then it will give a slight release of pressure/hiss and thats it until timer is finished.
Today I have not heard the hiss while doing a curry. At the end of the cooking time the potatoes were still raw. So i re-set at setting 6 and once again the potatoes weren't cooked (still very firm) and the meat was rubbery.
I re-did again on setting 4 and veggies are still only just a little softer and meat still chewy.
I am now re-doing for the 4th time!! Very frustrating procedure indeed :-(
By the way I have cleaned everything on the lid, checked the silicone seal and poked a cocktail stick and blew into in every orifice but there were no blockages.
It basically seems like it has just been boiling away with no real pressure build up.
Even at the end of cooking when i move the vent it only lets off a tiny bit of steam rather than a minute or so like usual...

Hi Oneness - please contact the Kambrook customer care team on 1300 139 798 during business hours or e-mail askus@kambrook.com.au. Thank you.

An extremely useful kitchen companion

This is the first pressure cooker I have ever had. I was initially attracted to the idea of ultra fast, healthy meals for weeknights, but my usage has gradually expanded to cover fast cooking, special dishes (eg pulled pork), stews and soups, homemade stock, desserts and Christmas puddings, making pasta sauce in batches and freezing down. It is immensely useful for feeding a family and expanding the range of foods we all eat.

Electric pressure cookers are great as they are so easy to use and this Kambrook design takes that idea to the extreme, having one large dial as its sole control. It's also completely unintimidating to use and very safe, once the lid locks down it won't allow you to open it if any pressure remains. Nice.

I was concerned that this device would just be another cooking gimmick, destined to take up room in my kitchen cupboard, but I use it 2-4 nights a week and have had it for about 2 years.

Buy this thing if you like making wet food fast, like pasta sauce, chilli, curry, casserole, risotto, paella etc. It makes them taste great as it forces all the flavours together and makes the meat super-tender, and it cooks them all in about 1/3 the time it takes to cook them conventionally.

Pulled pork takes about 50 minutes, pot roast about 35, soup about 10 and risotto (this is my favourite!) takes 8 minutes!

Don't buy it if you only like dry roast food, as pressure cookers can't do that. In my experience, pressure cooking makes tastier food than slow cooking - you can adapt any slow cooker recipe to the pressure cooker easily.

This unit is sturdy, easy to clean, high quality and the non-stick removable pot is still perfectly non-stick after 2 years of heavy usage, which is hugely impressive. It is very well made and works perfectly.

The only downsides are that the numbers on the dial don't correspond to minutes, so if you are following a recipe you need to set a different timer, and that this unit doesn't do slow cooking (like the new multi-cookers do), but for me, to be honest, I don't really like slow cooking anyway.

To sum up, this cooker has made a real, definite and positive impact on my families diet and done it in a delicious way. I'm completely sold.

TIMER DOESNT LAST

The problem I had with the KPR600 was that the timer doesnt last. I have used it once a week over the past one and a half years , and the timer has now started going crazy , moving forwards and then backwards. I only used it for cooking the same item (rice) every time that I used it , and maybe it somehow weakened the timer by always setting it at the same time , but I still think it should have lasted a lot longer. The KPR is one of the better looking kitchen devices that have I used , but they should have spent a few more dollars making it and got better timers.

Hi John - please contact the Kambrook customer care team on 1300 139 798 during business hours or e-mail askus@kambrook.com.au.I contacted kambrook as requested. Because I lived in a remote area, it was not feasible to send my KPR600 to be looked at. They offered to sell me a new upgraded KPR620 , with a new warranty , delivered , at what must be cost price. Considering that my old KPR600 was out of warranty , this was a good gesture by kambrook , and I thank them for it.previous comment truncated now continued "with a new warranty , delivered , for a an extremely good price and I accepted . Considering that my old KPR600 was out of warranty , this was a good gesture by kambrook and I thank them.

well priced cooker

good wee unit ,,works really well,,,,,awesome soups and casseroles, tender meats ,and brilliant for chicken, all within .the hour ....glad to have purchased.this ..(from the warehouse nz ) ,,not too shabby at all ,, was just what i needed ,,,,in a little kitchen cooking for one,, easy as / and is just what i expected from a pressure cooker /// cheers kambrook

1 year later using 2-3 times a-week every week,, not a single problem...brilliant

See all Kambrook Pressure Express reviews