Kambrook Pressure Express KPR620

Kambrook Pressure Express KPR620

MPNs: KAM-KPR620BSS and KPR620BSS

Great pressure cooker!!

I have been using for 6 months so far and have had no issues. It's very versatile as you can use this pressure cooker for various cuisines. There is no smells or flavours left after use and easy to wash off. I am really satisfied with the features and performance and even it has a good price!! Put your ingredients whatever you like in the cooker with a proper amount of water, 15-20 mins later depending on the ingredient, you will have a lovely meal. Very easy to use and highly recommend it for someone who doesn't like cooking much like me:)

Date PurchasedFeb 2018

Wife hates cooking, but loves her pressure cooker!

I bought this model for my wife after a lot of online research. Looked at everything in the $50-300 range and decided that based on reviews this was going to be the best value for money. I was not wrong! It's been a great appliance that makes cooking a breeze - we now both use it and it halves the cooking time of many common dishes.

It's easy to use: Just chuck in your meat, rice or veg with enough liquid, put the lid on and gently twist to close, then turn the knob to either "meat", "rice" or "veg". It doesn't get any easier, it really doesn't. About liquid levels: follow the instructions to get started, but you'll get a feeling for it more as you use it. It's also super easy to clean, comes with some good recipes, and there are plenty more to be found online.

One thing to be aware of: it's awesome but it's not magic - pressure cooking does take a little getting used to. If you expect a nicely browned roast in 20 minutes from frozen you will be disappointed. But if you want baked potatoes in 20 mins (15 in the cooker, finish off in the oven), quick rice/soups/casseroles, or even a whole cooked chicken (steamed, really) in under half an hour, this appliance is for you. Also be aware that by keeping the steam in you will find things more watery, but this goes for any pressure cooker.

As for the knob, I wondered if I would be disappointed with the lack of user interface and options (compared to touch-screen Tefals and buttoned Brevilles), but now having used it frankly I actually wonder what more I could possibly need. Simplicity at its best.

A couple more minor points:
- Don't forget to carefully remove and clean the drip tray at the back when finished
- Make sure you stay around until the steam vent/lid lock kicks into place. One time (in 8 months of constant use) it didn't. Perhaps it needed a jiggle or clean, I'm not sure. It ended up spraying liquid all over the place and it never pressurised. But I still give it 5 stars.

Date PurchasedDec 2017

Fantastic Purchase

Was looking at purchasing a pressure cooker that wasn't digital, as it can be extremely costly for repairs if the digit part goes. So decided to go with a non digital machine which the cost under $100 compared to the digital machines, have tried it out soon after buying it doing a lemon chicken also a roast silverside both these dishes turned out just perfect.

Date PurchasedMay 2018

Makes life so much easier

This is the most used appliance in our kitchen. I use this all the time for lots of things, but especially for quick risottos, bolognaise and soups. It's so easy to use and clean and haven't had any issues with it these past two years. The sauté function works well enough (but isn't as quick as a normal pan on the stove). Only cons would be that some recipes call for longer times than the 30min maximum so I have to remember to turn the dial further midway through the cooking to add more time. Would also be handy to have a sound alert when the dial reaches 0 but not essential.

Date PurchasedDec 2015

Absolutely love it

I bought myself this for Christmas
It is exactly what I wanted!!
I made the creamiest rice pudding in just 10 minutes
The most tender corned beef in 30 minutes
So easy to clean
No change or getting burnt by steam
Included recipes are so easy to follow
Bought on sale for $99

Date PurchasedDec 2017

Great pressure cooker

The things I've been able to do with this trusty is great. Probably not the normal type of things some would be doing. But it's been incredible.
The gas and electricity I've saved being able to chuck this one and walk away. It's great. Hasn't let me down yet.
I have great plans for old trusty

Date PurchasedMar 2016

Best purchase

Had my Kambrook pressure cooker for over 2 years and absolutely love it . Easy to use with great results . So good I purchased one each for my sister and daughter . Fabulous for cooking stews , rice etc but I also cooked corned beef in it and it turned out perfect . Just set and forget . Do yourself a favour and buy one . Cheers .

Date PurchasedNov 2015

Multi cooker in one

Wanting to buy a new rice cooker and also a pressure cooker but no more space in the kitchen. So i found out that kambrook has this express cooker. So satisfied with it, i can cook chunky meat soup in less than 30 mins and get a tender result. Also i cook brown rice with this cooker. Can save you some space.

Love it

This cooker does everything I needed, it cooks rice in 5 mins,you can saute in the pot before pressure cook,
if you like nice tender beef stew or curry, you can chuck everything in and ready in 30 mins.
I use this all the time and im glad i bough it.

Date PurchasedJan 2017

Value for money!

Initially was using the Tefal Cook 4 Me then after using it about 20 times, it literally just died and wouldn't turn. Isn't under warranty anymore as I didn't use it often until 2 years later but i most certainly took such great care of it and cleaned it thoroughly after every use.

I did my research and found great reviews on this model and for a great price. And yes, I'm so pleased with it's simplicity and ease of use and food has been turning out as one would hope.

THANK YOU Kambrook for offering a great pressure cooker without the heavy price tag! Seriously don't need digital features in a pressure cooker, so unnecessary.

simply the best

I grew up with pressure cookers and got my own at the age of 18 years.This Kambrook pressure cooker is the best I ever had,so easy to use and so easy to clean and also at a very good price.Love.love,love my Kambrook,will never be without this product ever again.Simply the best!!!!!!!

Date PurchasedJan 2015

I love to cook.

This machine is so great for someone like myself who loves to cook. It is so easy to use. When I was a little girl my Mum told me to never get a pressure cooke because they were so unreliable, perhaps they were in the 1950s but now, 2017, this machine is fabulous.
The food tastes great , meals are prepared in so short a time and I am saving on my electricity bill.
So all in all, I would recommend it to anyone who asks.

Date PurchasedApr 2017

This is perfect and extremely useful!

I use this pressure cooker almost everyday! It's very easy to use and I don't need to refer to the instructions before every use. It really has revolutionize the way I cook. Would highly recommend this to anyone who's thinking of getting a pressure cooker. I was quite skeptical at first because I usually use a slow cooker but with this in my kitchen, the slow cooker is now in the storage cabinet!

Date PurchasedDec 2016

Absolutely love it!

I have only had this pressure cooker for a few weeks but I am already in love. I own a slow cooker and also a rice cooker but am going to give them away as I no longer need them. The meat is so much nicer and the vegetables are so much sweeter

Most disppointed

Most disappointed with the pressure cooker. I shut the lid as per instructions and the lid flew open and the contents flew onto the ceiling. The next time I used it, the lid shut tight and I couldn't open it. Aaaargh...and after nearly an hour of twisting it clockwise and anti clockwise, it finally opened and a couple of screws fell off...

Date PurchasedDec 2016
Hi Pam, please contact customer service regarding your issue on 1300 139 798 or email askus@kambrook.com.au. Thank you, the Kambrook team.

Changed the way I cook

I've never used a pressure cooker in my life and I chose this one based on reviews here. So far, so good. It's simple to use, works well and no fancy bits n bobs I don't need. Highly recommended for anyone looking for a no-fuss pressure cooker.

I was tossing up to get one of those does-everything cooking machines but I'm glad I got this as plenty of recipes online plus I have flexibility to use it how I want.

Date PurchasedMar 2017

Love it.

This is the first pressure cooker I have used so I cannot compare it to any others. Have had it for 6 months and use it constantly. It is really simple to use and super easy to clean. The meals I make turn out perfectly - would struggle to be without it now.

Date PurchasedAug 2016

A really fantastic ,Easy to use Pressure Cooker. Does what it is meant to do

I was all set to buy the Tefal Cook4me, however when I had a look at in the shops I really thought this is not what I want. All I want is a product that does one thing and one thing well and easily ,A Pressure Cooker!.
I was not even thinking of the Kambrook until I saw it and I am really taken by simple operation of the Kambrook.
I had a look at the reviews online from my phone while I was in The Good Guys and between having a good look at it and the reviews I thought there is no need to spend the extra $100 I was going to cough up for anything else
I use a pressure cooker a couple of times a week, I was a convert before I brought this product, I find its just hard to get a nice quality basic pressure cooker I had a Tefal Minuet which i really get my moneys worth from a few years back before it died but it seems the quality of them has gone down of late judging from revues
My current Remington Pressure Cooker , a bit of a cheap and nasty one that took far too long to decide if it would seal and start pressure cooking , very ...very annoying. Infact I think I whingeing everytime time I used the damn thing It seems my husband was sick of my whingeing because after another wrestle session with Remington. Husband says here how much do you need , go buy a decent one (Kaching! ;}
Anyway I have not had this Kambrook too long but used it for a number of things spaghetti sauce , pasta cooking, Silverside, chicken and its great
What i like is no lingering waiting for the seal to seal and start pressure cooking and also the interior pot has a clear maximum line shown so its not guesswork overfilling it then not creating enough pressure to cook,

I love the timer dial, no digital mucking about,
My husband likes me not whingeing and whiining more than the crappy pressure cooker
To summarise the KPR620 is an excellent pressure cooker from someone that is pretty experienced in using one.
I paid and extra 30 for and extended warranty , bringing total cost to a very reasonable 130 I was going to pay a lot more for one that just looked like another headache to use

Date PurchasedAug 2016

Excellent buy, easy to use

Bought this about 6 months ago from The Good Guys, very easy to use. Had not used a pressure cooker before due to bad experience when my mother blew up her old stove top one. Small selection of recipes in the booklet but have used my own to make excellent soups, stews, curries and pasta dishes. No trouble getting pressure buildup as reported by some customers. Only wish I could make puddings, tried a steamed pudding but no good. Any tips on this from other readers? A few tricks to get the best results, don't use too much liquid, cut veges into larger pieces to prevent them disintegrating, overall very cheap price for a good item, has saved me hours of cooking when coming home late from work I am still able to cook a nice meal.

Date PurchasedFeb 2016

I bought this about 8 months ago from the Good Guys for $99 and it's the best appliance I've ever bought. 25mins meal is done. Nothing sticks to the bottom. Easy to clean. Easy to use. Soups, casseroles, curries it cooks everything quick and easy. A must have appliance for any home cook.

See all Kambrook Pressure Express reviews