Kambrook Pressure Express

37 questions from our users

CHRISTINE

CHRISTINEasked

Pressure Express

Can you buy the innerpot for the kambrook pressurecooker separate?

Rose

Roseasked

Pressure Express

I have used my cooker today for the first time . Great result but I have been unable to remove the small metal basket for cleaning. Is there a specific trick to it.

Heather

Heatherasked

Pressure Express

Hi, I have purchased the KPR600 pressure cooker, the manual doesn’t display minutes, could you please advise me the number settings in minutes please.

Lesley

Lesleyasked

Pressure Express

Hi there, I have a KPR620BSS and have used it several times since purchasing, I also love it.
My problem is getting the smell out of the rubber gasket. I have added vinegar to the unit and set it to cook for a few minutes, I have soaked the gasket in bi carb and also in vinegar, it has also gone into the dishwasher. I STILL can't get the smells out of it and it is driving me nuts. I have also put the gasket outside, still not improvement.
Thanks, Lesley

Paul
Paul

I don't have an answer but just wanted you to know you're not alone. It's probably not what you wanted to hear, but we just clean it well and reuse - the smell definitely fades with time. It won't hold any bacteria or toxins after a good wash so from a food safety point of view I don't think there is a problem, and for the convenience we feel it's a very small price to pay. But I definitely understand your frustration.

Gary L.
Gary L.

Spray with Hydrogen Peroxide ( Oxygen) H202
Gone

C J.

C J.asked

Pressure Express KPR620

Is there a way to cook stuff longer than 30 minutes? I sometimes do a marrow broth that takes several hours in the pressure cooker. It seems like I have to come home every half an hour to reset the timer.

Chew

Chewasked

Pressure Express KPR600

I bought a Kambrook KPR 600 from Good Guys about 3 years ago. It works well but it does not any timing except 6 setting marks and the last setting mark is for sutee. Just curious to know how many minutes is for each setting? Where can I get the manual as I can't remember I have got one. Thanks

happy

I would just google the site, most times they have all this info. Esther

Mickasked

Pressure Express

Why does my kambrook pressure cooker timer go backwards when it starts after coming up to pressure?

happy

Mick the timer starts to count backwards after reaching pressure than will turn it self off ( Your cooking should be done ) Esther

Mick

Yes thank you I know it goes towards off then turns off when it gets to off.
I meant it goes the other way towards saute instead of off!

Marge

Margeasked

Pressure Express KPR620

Why does the instruction booklet say the green light will go out? And the position for closing the vent is poorly illustrated. The illustration looks like the correct position is at 90 degrees to the fully open position but it seems to me that it is closer to 180 degrees. I get steam from the valve and the timer does not start to count down unless the pressure release valve is firmly pushed past the last letter of the word “sealing”

happy

I have not used it my partner has so i don't really know but my partner says the lid will only latch on in one spot hope this helps or google website for product info

Pout at the Trout

Pout at the Troutasked

Pressure Express KPR600

Like many others, I find Teflon coating something I will not use in my kitchen. I would like to purchase a stainless steel inner bowl for my Kambrook unit if possible. If Kambrook doesn't supply one, has anybody had successes with something stainless that fits the unit?

happy

Get in contact with Kambrook if they don't have any, maybe try looking on ebay good luck

Regie

Regieasked

Pressure Express KPR620

Does the internal bowl on the Kambrook Express Pressure Cooker (KPR620BSS ) have cool to touch handles attached, like the Tefal Cook4me does?

Tam

Tamasked

Pressure Express KPR620

I am using my pressure cooker for the first time today and similar to Graeme my pressure cooker's green light is staying on when the orange light illuminates and the timer control dial is counting down... the instructions say the green light should go out when it is cooking? Are the instructions incorrect or is my pressure cooker faulty?( just concerned i'll have an explosion on my hands if i let it keep cooking... ) Thanks, Tamara.

RachelKambrook

When using the pressure cooker, the green light will illuminate the whole time the unit is on. The orange light will illuminate when sauteing or pressure cooking. For any further questions, please contact our customer service team on 1300 139 798. Thanks, the Kambrook Team

Graeme Webb

Graeme Webbasked

Pressure Express KPR620

How do I know when the timer has started? It says in the manual: the orange heating light will go on and the green power one will extinguish. My green light is always on...

RachelKambrook

Hi Graeme, The selection control dial will begin to count down once the unit is pressurised. The dial will start turning in an anticlockwise direction to signify the countdown. If the dial doesn't turn, the unit has lost pressure. Once the desired time or setting has been selected, the orange heating light should illuminate and the green power light should extinguish. If you have any further questions, please contact the customer service team on 1300 139 798. Thanks, the Kambrook Team

Crystal

Crystalasked

Pressure Express

I have the JA2689 and was wanting to know how I remove the inner lid for cleaning? Your reply would be appreciated. Thanks.

mel
mel

If you are talking about the little oval attachment just grip it hard to jiggle it and pull it off. When reattaching just mame sure it clips back on

sydneymidgeasked

Pressure Express

Hi to all and thanks for the detailed reviews. Having looked at the cooker in the shop, I'm wondering
1. How 4 - 6 lamb shanks would fit in, along with all the other ingredients.
2 If cooking smaller quantities (say for 2 people) is the cooking time the same?
3. I'm keen to do an old fashioned braise as well as trying out the pressure method, which seems what most reviewers are doing. Has anyone had success with braises?
Thanks, I hope you can help.
Regards...sydneymidge

Margie
Margie

I always braise the meat,works very well,I cook for 2,but if the food is not cooked to my liking I will cook it again for about 20 minutes .I also love filling the pot cooking soup and then. freeze it for later.I always use the pressure method after I braised the meat.I would say cook the same time if you cook more meat etc and check to see if you need more time.I love my pressure cooker,hope this is helpful Regards Margie

sydneymidge

Thank you Margie. Your advice is much appreciated.
Regards

Mandy

Mandyasked

Pressure Express

Hi. I got a Kambrook pressure cooker, model, JA-2689, for Christmas. How do I saute in this pressure cooker, as their is no Saute button?

RachelKambrook

Hi Mandy, this model is under South African Kambrook – please contact Clicks. https://clicks.co.za/kambrook_pressure-cooker-6-litres/p/209259

Amany

Amanyasked

Pressure Express KPR620

How to operate the heating option?

Naomi Tesler

Hi it just has a dial which is also a timer . Turn the dial , It starts heating :)

RachelKambrook

Hi Amany - This pressure cooker does not have a specific ‘heating option’. One of the functions on the control dial needs to be selected to operate the unit and commence heating. Once a function is selected the heating light will illuminate orange. For further instructions please refer to the instruction manual under ‘Using Your Kambrook Pressure Express’ or contact our customer service centre on 1300 139 798 during business hours. Thanks.

Reviewer

Reviewerasked

Pressure Express KPR620

Hello. Is this pressure cooking stainless steel on the inside? ie the cooking surface - KPR620BSS from the good guys. Also is 6lts large enough to cook a whole uncutt chicken.

Naomi Tesler

The inside of the Pressure Cooker is a lift out non stick pot, not stainless. Regarding fitting in a chicken, it certainly would not fit a large family chicken unless you cut it up it would probably do a small chicken complete without compromise. cheerS

Hi Reviewer,

The cooking pot is made of aluminium with a non-stick coating. A small to medium sized whole chicken will fit within the cooking bowl however, we wouldn't recommend trying to cook a large chicken with the KPR620BSS.

For further product information, please contact the Kambrook customer care team on 1300 139 798 during business hours or e-mail askus@kambrook.com.au.

Amymimiasked

Pressure Express KPR620

I wonder if I want to steam something, can I put some bowl or snall pot ibside and put it on the trivet tgat gas given? If not? How to use trivet? if i want to steam some fush

Hi Amymimi,

We do not recommend putting small bowls or pots inside the pressure cooker. A steaming basket (not included) can be used in the pressure cooker for steaming fish or vegetables. See page 24: http://www.kambrook.com.au/media/instruction_manuals/KPR620BSS.pdf.

The trivet is for any food that needs to be raised above the liquid level during the cooking process (e.g. poaching fruit or roasting meat) however, there must always be sufficient liquid in the cooking bowl during the cooking process.

Amymimi

Thank you for wuick respobding. Steaming basket if i want to buy it should be plastic ir tge stanless one? Thank you.

Hi Amymimi,

Only stainless steel steaming basket can only be used in the KPR620. However, if the steaming basket does result in the scratching of the Teflon coating of the inner bowl, the customer is held responsible.

Unfortunately our spare parts division doesn't have steaming baskets although you may be able to source this elsewhere from a kitchen supplies/homewares retailer.

girlraven

girlravenasked

Pressure Express

Does Kambrook offer a stainless steel inner bowl for this pressure cooker? I don't trust non-stick coatings at all!

Narrelle Bogias
Narrelle Bogias

I have been using non stick Kambrook for many months. I have never had a problem with food sticking. Dont use any metal products ( same as non sitck pans). I love this product. The only downside maybe the bowl is not fixed and rotates. A pair of oven mits does the job perfectly.

OfficialKambrook

Hi Girlraven - unfortunately this product only comes with a non-stick inner bowl.

For further product enquiries, please contact the Kambrook customer care team on 1300 139 798 during business hours or e-mail askus@kambrook.com.au.

sprice

spriceasked

Pressure Express

Can someone please e-mail a book of instructions, enclosed booklet is useless. Wanted to make soup no pressure build up and pressure cooker flashes 66 what does that mean? Also on the pressure cooker where the one on line says Sautee/ This pressure cooker says Congee can you tell me what that means? Pessure cooker was purchased in Pietermaritzburg/South Africa.

OfficialKambrook

Hi Sprice - New Clicks secured the rights to the brand name Kambrook in South Africa years ago and is a completely different entity to the Australian-owned Kambrook brand operated in Australia and New Zealand.

There is no affiliation between Kambrook Australia and Kambrook South Africa. New Clicks source and sell their own range of products under the Kambrook brand in that region and as such, we recommend you contact their customer care team for assistance on 0860 25 42 57 or they have ‘contact us’ details on their website www.clicks.co.za

Hope this helps.

Get an answer from our members and Kambrook representatives