Kambrook Pressure Express

Kambrook Pressure Express Questions & Answers (page 2 of 2)

KPR620, KPR600

39 questions from our users

girlraven

girlravenasked

Does Kambrook offer a stainless steel inner bowl for this pressure cooker? I don't trust non-stick coatings at all!

Narrelle Bogias

I have been using non stick Kambrook for many months. I have never had a problem with food sticking. Dont use any metal products ( same as non sitck pans). I love this product. The only downside maybe the bowl is not fixed and rotates. A pair of oven mits does the job perfectly.

OfficialKambrook

Hi Girlraven - unfortunately this product only comes with a non-stick inner bowl.

For further product enquiries, please contact the Kambrook customer care team on 1300 139 798 during business hours or e-mail askus@kambrook.com.au.

sprice

spriceasked

Can someone please e-mail a book of instructions, enclosed booklet is useless. Wanted to make soup no pressure build up and pressure cooker flashes 66 what does that mean? Also on the pressure cooker where the one on line says Sautee/ This pressure cooker says Congee can you tell me what that means? Pessure cooker was purchased in Pietermaritzburg/South Africa.

OfficialKambrook

Hi Sprice - New Clicks secured the rights to the brand name Kambrook in South Africa years ago and is a completely different entity to the Australian-owned Kambrook brand operated in Australia and New Zealand.

There is no affiliation between Kambrook Australia and Kambrook South Africa. New Clicks source and sell their own range of products under the Kambrook brand in that region and as such, we recommend you contact their customer care team for assistance on 0860 25 42 57 or they have ‘contact us’ details on their website www.clicks.co.za

Hope this helps.

Jim

Jimasked

Hi
Not getting pressure when I put the lid on
Any ideas?

OfficialKambrook

Hi Jim, please contact the Kambrook customer care team on 1300 139 798 during business hours or e-mail askus@kambrook.com.au. Thank you.

Argot henna

Argot hennaasked

Hi, I have had this pressure cooker for more than two years. It has been terrific I have used it numerous times but now The seal now needs replacing - can you tell me how I could replace it? The steam is currently escaping around the rim.

OfficialKambrook

Hello Argot henna - please call our customer service centre on 1300 139 798 to assist with getting a new top cover gasket (seal). Thank you, the Kambrook team.

Guy

Contact kambrook they where able to help me

HOW

HOWasked

Will this replace my rice cooker?
[name removed]

Guy

Sadly I return the cooker today as it would not hold its pressure I only bought in March very disappointed ....so I would look at other pressure cookers..

errol.s

you can cook rice init ,,but i have not used a special "rice cooker"..

Narrelle Bogias

I have no problem at all. The rice cooks perfectly. Check the type of rice your using.

john

johnasked

the settings dial is numbered 1 to 6. What temperature does each number represent and is each number
a specific time for cooking. What time does each number represent?

rockres

Its a bit annoying as the numbers represent times in the handbook... my, I just stick it on 6 and put a timer on...

errol.s

numbers equal time ..about 7 mins average,, 45 mins cooking time on 6, after unit reaches pressure,.(, the water heats ,,boils ,,then steam builds up and timer starts ,, (always the same temp...boiling hot/steam),,2 cups water in there //cook a whole chicken on 6,,and maybe another 1or 2 ,, depending on size ,,should be falling off the bone ,,,mmmm... remove chick throw in some veges and a little rice/soupmix cook on 3 or 4(20minsaprox)all good

OfficialKambrook

Hi John - the temperatures vary based on how much pressure has built up in the appliance. As such, I'm unable to provide specific temperatures on the 1-6 control dial. However, you can find a guide that offers approximate cooking times from the instruction booklet. See page 12: http://www.kambrook.com.au/media/instruction_manuals/KPR600.pdf.

For further product enquiries, contact our customer care team during business hours on 1300 139 798 or askus@kambrook.com.au

Hammad Hassan

Hammad Hassanasked

Is this a SLOW Cooker or a PRESSURE COOKer for FAST Cooking ? Or it has modes ?

Hiya,

This is a pressure cooker, not a slow cooker. Its for fast cooking, not slow cooking.

Andrew

As rockres said, its for fast cooking.

Since I posted this review, I can say we still use the pressure cookers every weeks and it works without a hitch.

Pretty good value i say.

OfficialKambrook

Hi Hammad - the KPR600 is a pressure cooker. However, newer products offer multiple cooking functions including slow and pressure cooking. See http://www.kambrook.com.au/in-the-kitchen/cooking/slow-and-pressure-cookers.html.

longnanabrendawilliams

longnanabrendawilliamsasked

I am unsure of the pressure regulator/release valve is in the right position can you help me? the book is not very clear to me

Andrew

Hey there... if you are looking at the dial, the pressure regulator/release valve should be pointing to the left for lock and pointing toward the dial for unlocked. Hope this helps?

OfficialKambrook

Hi Longnanabrendawilliams - make sure the pressure regulator/release valve is sitting in the sealed position. If this part isn't in the venting position, the Pressure Express will not build up enough pressure to cook. You can find a visual of this in fig 7 online, see page 10: http://www.kambrook.com.au/media/instruction_manuals/KPR600.pdf

For further assistance with this product, please contact the Kambrook customer care team on 1300 139 798 during business hours or e-mail askus@kambrook.com.au.

Guyasked

Can I place the timing dial between numbers eg half way between 1 and off would that allow me to cook for 3:5 mins safely? As sometimes 10 min is not enough but putting it back on another 7 mins could ruin the dish.
Love the product though.

OfficialKambrook

Hi Guy, please contact the Kambrook customer care team on 1300 139 798 or e-mail askus@kambrook.com.au referencing the model number. Thank you.

Christine Coombes

Christine Coombesasked

Where can I please obtain more recipes for my Kambrook KPR600, only a few in the book, and i have searched online, but cannot find many at all?

Sammy B

Hi Christine! I have found a few good sites. This link might help?
Or try
Plus I found this helpful also!
Hope that helps :)

MadSim

I have the 'Woman's Weekly Pressure Cooker' book. Lots of new ideas for all types of meat, vegies & desserts.

OfficialKambrook

Hi Christine - you can find more recipes on our blog, A Perfect Pantry. For dishes made with the KPR600, go to http://aperfectpantry.com.au/component/finder/search?q=KPR600&Itemid=136&Itemid=136. For further information, contact Kambrook customer care team on 1300 139 798 or e-mail askus@kambrook.com.au.

kiki

kikiasked

can i place a pyrex glass container or a cast iron container within the aluminium pot, and then place the food within the glass or cast iron much smaller pot. this is to avoid contact with teflon and aluminium.
also can you buy a stainless steel inner pot from Kambrook???

MadSim

Contact Kambrook, this is a technical question & if something went wrong then you may try & hold them responsible.

OfficialKambrook

Hi Kiki, please contact the Kambrook customer care team on 1300 139 798 or e-mail askus@kambrook.com.au. Thank you.

John

Johnasked

I am interested in buying a Kambrook KPR600 for rice cooking.
I have had problems with my previous rice cooker because of flaking teflon.
I was wondering if the non-stick coating on the inner cooking bowl was prone to flaking over the life of the product, particularly as the cooking is done under pressure.
Will the non-stick coating last for the 500 hours that Kambrook has tested the KPR600 for?

Sammy B

Hi John! I haven't had mine for long enough to be able to answer whether or not the Teflon coating will last that long. Sorry I can't be of more assistance!

OfficialKambrook

Hi John - the non-stick coating will last for 500 hours provided you follow the correct care tips (i.e. don't use chemicals, steel wool, metal scouring pads or abrasive cleaners on the bowl). You can find more information in the instruction booklet: http://www.kambrook.com.au/media/instruction_manuals/KPR600.pdf. For further product enquiries, please contact Kambrook's customer care team on 1300 139 798 or e-mail askus@kambrook.com.au.

midget

midgetasked

Nothing in instructions about small plastic ushaped container. Where does it go on machine Using for first time and have not used one before.

OfficialKambrook

Hi Midget - please contact the Kambrook customer care team on 1300 139 798 or e-mail askus@kambrook.com.au. Thank you.

Peter

Peterasked

What pressure (PSI rating) does the cooker reach?

Hi Peter
I'm not sure of the PSI, but have been following the directions for online electric pressure cooker recipes, and found the timing seems spot on. Perhaps most electric pressure cookers have similar PSI specs? There are many websites with electric pressure cooker recipes, and after trying quite a few different recipes, have not had any issues. The manual gives you basic cooking times for different cuts of meat, etc.

MadSim

Like Sammy B I don't know the technical of the pressure cooker, but have found the cooking times pretty accurate. Further tech info contact Kambrook 1300 139 798

OfficialKambrook

Hi Peter - both of our pressure cookers (models KPR600 and KPR800) work to a maximum 15 PSI and operate to 'high' pressure only. For further product enquiries, please contact Kambrook's customer care team on 1300 139 798 or e-mail askus@kambrook.com.au. Thank you.

Kingler

Kinglerasked

Does this have an inbuilt way to monitor PSI?

Hi Kingler,

The KPR600 does not have an in-built PSI monitor.

If you have any other questions on this product, please call our customer service centre on 1300 139 798.

Raewyn

Raewynasked

Concerns about cooking in the 6L Aluminium bowl. I have always believed cooking in Aluminium is very unhealthy. If I buy anything that has been in an aluminium container, I can taste the aluminium all through the food. So I imagine cooking in aluminium would be the same

Ange

No I don't taste any aluminium metallic taste at all. As the food is cooked so quickly it really seals in the flavours of the ingredients. I am sure the container is tested to ensure it is safe for use. it has a non stick coating on it as well.

OfficialKambrook

All Kambrook Slow Cooker/Pressure Cooker bowels are non-stick coated, the food will only come in contact with the food grade (food safe) non-stick coating. Hence there should be no taste of aluminium through the food. It is advised that all cooking bowls are washed prior to first use, however this is only to remove any grime that has built up during manufacturing of product.

Lisa

Lisaasked

the manual tells you to use the rice cup to measure the rice; do we use 1 rice cup of rice and ordinary cup measurement for the stock or are we supposed to use the rice cup as a cup measure for all recipes?

Ange

I don't think it really matters . Depends on how much liquid you want in yr meal . Bit of trial and error really . I use the rice cup measure for both . You can't really go wrong unless you don't have enough liquid .

Suemc

Suemcasked

Is this a powered appliance. Or cooktop only?

Agnetes
Agnetes

It is electric. It sits on your bench top. It only makes that high pitched pressure cooker noise for a few seconds when it is building up pressure and after that it's completely quiet. Unlike the stovetop one that my mother had which made a frightening collection of noises for the whole cooking process

Margie97asked

Can I cook meat on the trivet supplied instead of having the meat sit in the liquid in the bottom of cooker?

PeterP29
PeterP29

Hi Margie, you can brown meat etc (use the setting on the dial) in the supplied container but the heat is fairly mild, I prefer to brown the meat in a separate pan and then add to the container with liquid for pressure cooking. I've found the cooker to be quite good and easy to use. Happy cooking.

Margie97

I would like to cook a marinated roast on top of the metal trivet instead of the meat sitting in the liquid.
Has anyone tried this? The browning of the meat is good in the unit, but I don't want the tasty marinade going into the juice in the bottom when cooking.

Get an answer from our members and Kambrook representatives