Kambrook Pressure Express

Kambrook Pressure Express Questions & Answers (page 2 of 3)

KPR620, KPR600

43 questions from our users

Mandy

Mandyasked

Pressure Express

Hi. I got a Kambrook pressure cooker, model, JA-2689, for Christmas. How do I saute in this pressure cooker, as their is no Saute button?

RachelKambrook

Hi Mandy, this model is under South African Kambrook – please contact Clicks. https://clicks.co.za/kambrook_pressure-cooker-6-litres/p/209259

Amany

Amanyasked

Pressure Express KPR620

How to operate the heating option?

Naomi Tesler

Hi it just has a dial which is also a timer . Turn the dial , It starts heating :)

RachelKambrook

Hi Amany - This pressure cooker does not have a specific ‘heating option’. One of the functions on the control dial needs to be selected to operate the unit and commence heating. Once a function is selected the heating light will illuminate orange. For further instructions please refer to the instruction manual under ‘Using Your Kambrook Pressure Express’ or contact our customer service centre on 1300 139 798 during business hours. Thanks.

Reviewer

Reviewerasked

Pressure Express KPR620

Hello. Is this pressure cooking stainless steel on the inside? ie the cooking surface - KPR620BSS from the good guys. Also is 6lts large enough to cook a whole uncutt chicken.

Naomi Tesler

The inside of the Pressure Cooker is a lift out non stick pot, not stainless. Regarding fitting in a chicken, it certainly would not fit a large family chicken unless you cut it up it would probably do a small chicken complete without compromise. cheerS

Hi Reviewer,

The cooking pot is made of aluminium with a non-stick coating. A small to medium sized whole chicken will fit within the cooking bowl however, we wouldn't recommend trying to cook a large chicken with the KPR620BSS.

For further product information, please contact the Kambrook customer care team on 1300 139 798 during business hours or e-mail askus@kambrook.com.au.

Amymimiasked

Pressure Express KPR620

I wonder if I want to steam something, can I put some bowl or snall pot ibside and put it on the trivet tgat gas given? If not? How to use trivet? if i want to steam some fush

Hi Amymimi,

We do not recommend putting small bowls or pots inside the pressure cooker. A steaming basket (not included) can be used in the pressure cooker for steaming fish or vegetables. See page 24: http://www.kambrook.com.au/media/instruction_manuals/KPR620BSS.pdf.

The trivet is for any food that needs to be raised above the liquid level during the cooking process (e.g. poaching fruit or roasting meat) however, there must always be sufficient liquid in the cooking bowl during the cooking process.

Amymimi

Thank you for wuick respobding. Steaming basket if i want to buy it should be plastic ir tge stanless one? Thank you.

Hi Amymimi,

Only stainless steel steaming basket can only be used in the KPR620. However, if the steaming basket does result in the scratching of the Teflon coating of the inner bowl, the customer is held responsible.

Unfortunately our spare parts division doesn't have steaming baskets although you may be able to source this elsewhere from a kitchen supplies/homewares retailer.

girlraven

girlravenasked

Pressure Express

Does Kambrook offer a stainless steel inner bowl for this pressure cooker? I don't trust non-stick coatings at all!

Narrelle Bogias

I have been using non stick Kambrook for many months. I have never had a problem with food sticking. Dont use any metal products ( same as non sitck pans). I love this product. The only downside maybe the bowl is not fixed and rotates. A pair of oven mits does the job perfectly.

OfficialKambrook

Hi Girlraven - unfortunately this product only comes with a non-stick inner bowl.

For further product enquiries, please contact the Kambrook customer care team on 1300 139 798 during business hours or e-mail askus@kambrook.com.au.

sprice

spriceasked

Pressure Express

Can someone please e-mail a book of instructions, enclosed booklet is useless. Wanted to make soup no pressure build up and pressure cooker flashes 66 what does that mean? Also on the pressure cooker where the one on line says Sautee/ This pressure cooker says Congee can you tell me what that means? Pessure cooker was purchased in Pietermaritzburg/South Africa.

OfficialKambrook

Hi Sprice - New Clicks secured the rights to the brand name Kambrook in South Africa years ago and is a completely different entity to the Australian-owned Kambrook brand operated in Australia and New Zealand.

There is no affiliation between Kambrook Australia and Kambrook South Africa. New Clicks source and sell their own range of products under the Kambrook brand in that region and as such, we recommend you contact their customer care team for assistance on 0860 25 42 57 or they have ‘contact us’ details on their website www.clicks.co.za

Hope this helps.

Jim

Jimasked

Hi
Not getting pressure when I put the lid on
Any ideas?

OfficialKambrook

Hi Jim, please contact the Kambrook customer care team on 1300 139 798 during business hours or e-mail askus@kambrook.com.au. Thank you.

Argot henna

Argot hennaasked

Pressure Express

Hi, I have had this pressure cooker for more than two years. It has been terrific I have used it numerous times but now The seal now needs replacing - can you tell me how I could replace it? The steam is currently escaping around the rim.

OfficialKambrook

Hello Argot henna - please call our customer service centre on 1300 139 798 to assist with getting a new top cover gasket (seal). Thank you, the Kambrook team.

Guy

Contact kambrook they where able to help me

HOW

HOWasked

Pressure Express

Will this replace my rice cooker?
[name removed]

Guy

Sadly I return the cooker today as it would not hold its pressure I only bought in March very disappointed ....so I would look at other pressure cookers..

errol.s

you can cook rice init ,,but i have not used a special "rice cooker"..

Narrelle Bogias

I have no problem at all. The rice cooks perfectly. Check the type of rice your using.

john

johnasked

Pressure Express

the settings dial is numbered 1 to 6. What temperature does each number represent and is each number
a specific time for cooking. What time does each number represent?

rockres

Its a bit annoying as the numbers represent times in the handbook... my, I just stick it on 6 and put a timer on...

errol.s

numbers equal time ..about 7 mins average,, 45 mins cooking time on 6, after unit reaches pressure,.(, the water heats ,,boils ,,then steam builds up and timer starts ,, (always the same temp...boiling hot/steam),,2 cups water in there //cook a whole chicken on 6,,and maybe another 1or 2 ,, depending on size ,,should be falling off the bone ,,,mmmm... remove chick throw in some veges and a little rice/soupmix cook on 3 or 4(20minsaprox)all good

OfficialKambrook

Hi John - the temperatures vary based on how much pressure has built up in the appliance. As such, I'm unable to provide specific temperatures on the 1-6 control dial. However, you can find a guide that offers approximate cooking times from the instruction booklet. See page 12: http://www.kambrook.com.au/media/instruction_manuals/KPR600.pdf.

For further product enquiries, contact our customer care team during business hours on 1300 139 798 or askus@kambrook.com.au

Hammad Hassan

Hammad Hassanasked

Pressure Express

Is this a SLOW Cooker or a PRESSURE COOKer for FAST Cooking ? Or it has modes ?

Hiya,

This is a pressure cooker, not a slow cooker. Its for fast cooking, not slow cooking.

Andrew

As rockres said, its for fast cooking.

Since I posted this review, I can say we still use the pressure cookers every weeks and it works without a hitch.

Pretty good value i say.

OfficialKambrook

Hi Hammad - the KPR600 is a pressure cooker. However, newer products offer multiple cooking functions including slow and pressure cooking. See http://www.kambrook.com.au/in-the-kitchen/cooking/slow-and-pressure-cookers.html.

longnanabrendawilliams

longnanabrendawilliamsasked

Pressure Express

I am unsure of the pressure regulator/release valve is in the right position can you help me? the book is not very clear to me

Andrew

Hey there... if you are looking at the dial, the pressure regulator/release valve should be pointing to the left for lock and pointing toward the dial for unlocked. Hope this helps?

OfficialKambrook

Hi Longnanabrendawilliams - make sure the pressure regulator/release valve is sitting in the sealed position. If this part isn't in the venting position, the Pressure Express will not build up enough pressure to cook. You can find a visual of this in fig 7 online, see page 10: http://www.kambrook.com.au/media/instruction_manuals/KPR600.pdf

For further assistance with this product, please contact the Kambrook customer care team on 1300 139 798 during business hours or e-mail askus@kambrook.com.au.

Guyasked

Pressure Express

Can I place the timing dial between numbers eg half way between 1 and off would that allow me to cook for 3:5 mins safely? As sometimes 10 min is not enough but putting it back on another 7 mins could ruin the dish.
Love the product though.

OfficialKambrook

Hi Guy, please contact the Kambrook customer care team on 1300 139 798 or e-mail askus@kambrook.com.au referencing the model number. Thank you.

Christine Coombes

Christine Coombesasked

Pressure Express

Where can I please obtain more recipes for my Kambrook KPR600, only a few in the book, and i have searched online, but cannot find many at all?

Sammy B

Hi Christine! I have found a few good sites. This link might help?
Or try
Plus I found this helpful also!
Hope that helps :)

MadSim

I have the 'Woman's Weekly Pressure Cooker' book. Lots of new ideas for all types of meat, vegies & desserts.

OfficialKambrook

Hi Christine - you can find more recipes on our blog, A Perfect Pantry. For dishes made with the KPR600, go to http://aperfectpantry.com.au/component/finder/search?q=KPR600&Itemid=136&Itemid=136. For further information, contact Kambrook customer care team on 1300 139 798 or e-mail askus@kambrook.com.au.

kiki

kikiasked

Pressure Express

can i place a pyrex glass container or a cast iron container within the aluminium pot, and then place the food within the glass or cast iron much smaller pot. this is to avoid contact with teflon and aluminium.
also can you buy a stainless steel inner pot from Kambrook???

MadSim

Contact Kambrook, this is a technical question & if something went wrong then you may try & hold them responsible.

OfficialKambrook

Hi Kiki, please contact the Kambrook customer care team on 1300 139 798 or e-mail askus@kambrook.com.au. Thank you.

John

Johnasked

Pressure Express

I am interested in buying a Kambrook KPR600 for rice cooking.
I have had problems with my previous rice cooker because of flaking teflon.
I was wondering if the non-stick coating on the inner cooking bowl was prone to flaking over the life of the product, particularly as the cooking is done under pressure.
Will the non-stick coating last for the 500 hours that Kambrook has tested the KPR600 for?

Sammy B

Hi John! I haven't had mine for long enough to be able to answer whether or not the Teflon coating will last that long. Sorry I can't be of more assistance!

OfficialKambrook

Hi John - the non-stick coating will last for 500 hours provided you follow the correct care tips (i.e. don't use chemicals, steel wool, metal scouring pads or abrasive cleaners on the bowl). You can find more information in the instruction booklet: http://www.kambrook.com.au/media/instruction_manuals/KPR600.pdf. For further product enquiries, please contact Kambrook's customer care team on 1300 139 798 or e-mail askus@kambrook.com.au.

midget

midgetasked

Pressure Express

Nothing in instructions about small plastic ushaped container. Where does it go on machine Using for first time and have not used one before.

OfficialKambrook

Hi Midget - please contact the Kambrook customer care team on 1300 139 798 or e-mail askus@kambrook.com.au. Thank you.

Peter

Peterasked

Pressure Express

What pressure (PSI rating) does the cooker reach?

Hi Peter
I'm not sure of the PSI, but have been following the directions for online electric pressure cooker recipes, and found the timing seems spot on. Perhaps most electric pressure cookers have similar PSI specs? There are many websites with electric pressure cooker recipes, and after trying quite a few different recipes, have not had any issues. The manual gives you basic cooking times for different cuts of meat, etc.

MadSim

Like Sammy B I don't know the technical of the pressure cooker, but have found the cooking times pretty accurate. Further tech info contact Kambrook 1300 139 798

OfficialKambrook

Hi Peter - both of our pressure cookers (models KPR600 and KPR800) work to a maximum 15 PSI and operate to 'high' pressure only. For further product enquiries, please contact Kambrook's customer care team on 1300 139 798 or e-mail askus@kambrook.com.au. Thank you.

Kingler

Kinglerasked

Pressure Express

Does this have an inbuilt way to monitor PSI?

Hi Kingler,

The KPR600 does not have an in-built PSI monitor.

If you have any other questions on this product, please call our customer service centre on 1300 139 798.

Raewyn

Raewynasked

Pressure Express

Concerns about cooking in the 6L Aluminium bowl. I have always believed cooking in Aluminium is very unhealthy. If I buy anything that has been in an aluminium container, I can taste the aluminium all through the food. So I imagine cooking in aluminium would be the same

Ange
Ange

No I don't taste any aluminium metallic taste at all. As the food is cooked so quickly it really seals in the flavours of the ingredients. I am sure the container is tested to ensure it is safe for use. it has a non stick coating on it as well.

OfficialKambrook

All Kambrook Slow Cooker/Pressure Cooker bowels are non-stick coated, the food will only come in contact with the food grade (food safe) non-stick coating. Hence there should be no taste of aluminium through the food. It is advised that all cooking bowls are washed prior to first use, however this is only to remove any grime that has built up during manufacturing of product.

Get an answer from our members and Kambrook representatives