Kambrook Pressure Express

Kambrook Pressure Express (page 2 of 3)

KPR620 and KPR600

Love it.

This is the first pressure cooker I have used so I cannot compare it to any others. Have had it for 6 months and use it constantly. It is really simple to use and super easy to clean. The meals I make turn out perfectly - would struggle to be without it now.

Date PurchasedAug 2016

love it!!!

works like a dream very easy to use and clean
steamed vegies to perfection with a steam basket (bought separate) have'nt tried any meat on its own but did do a curry turned out great
would recommend this pressure cooker to anyone it is a good price and i found it did not use up to much power

Date PurchasedSep 2016

Awesome & Simple!

Neat little pressure cooker which is so simple to use and easy to clean. Doesn't take up too much room in the cupboard and cooks meat so it is so tender. Highly recommend this product to anyone who is needing dinner in a hurry as you can cook a stew in less than 30 minutes!

Date PurchasedApr 2016

Cooks to perfection

I just love this pressure cooker. It is so easy to use and clean. It cooks food to perfection, especially meats come out so tender and tasty.
There is no need to spend a fortune on fancy pressure cooker when this one does absolutely the same thing.
I highly recommend it.

Date PurchasedFeb 2014

A really fantastic ,Easy to use Pressure Cooker. Does what it is meant to do

I was all set to buy the Tefal Cook4me, however when I had a look at in the shops I really thought this is not what I want. All I want is a product that does one thing and one thing well and easily ,A Pressure Cooker!.
I was not even thinking of the Kambrook until I saw it and I am really taken by simple operation of the Kambrook.
I had a look at the reviews online from my phone while I was in The Good Guys and between having a good look at it and the reviews I thought there is no need to spend the extra $100 I was going to cough up for anything else
I use a pressure cooker a couple of times a week, I was a convert before I brought this product, I find its just hard to get a nice quality basic pressure cooker I had a Tefal Minuet which i really get my moneys worth from a few years back before it died but it seems the quality of them has gone down of late judging from revues
My current Remington Pressure Cooker , a bit of a cheap and nasty one that took far too long to decide if it would seal and start pressure cooking , very ...very annoying. Infact I think I whingeing everytime time I used the damn thing It seems my husband was sick of my whingeing because after another wrestle session with Remington. Husband says here how much do you need , go buy a decent one (Kaching! ;}
Anyway I have not had this Kambrook too long but used it for a number of things spaghetti sauce , pasta cooking, Silverside, chicken and its great
What i like is no lingering waiting for the seal to seal and start pressure cooking and also the interior pot has a clear maximum line shown so its not guesswork overfilling it then not creating enough pressure to cook,

I love the timer dial, no digital mucking about,
My husband likes me not whingeing and whiining more than the crappy pressure cooker
To summarise the KPR620 is an excellent pressure cooker from someone that is pretty experienced in using one.
I paid and extra 30 for and extended warranty , bringing total cost to a very reasonable 130 I was going to pay a lot more for one that just looked like another headache to use

Date PurchasedAug 2016

I am buying another one!!!

I use it nearly everyday, and sometimes multiple times per day. I have used it to make stews, rice, congee, soup, soy milk, corn beef, and more stews. It makes better rice than my rice cooker so I gave my rice cooker away. Now when I used it to make a stew and I need to make rice, then I would have to pour out my stew to make room for rice. That's why I need to buy one more, please make them go on sale!!! I find it when I make stews, don't put any liquid in it, and when it finished on number 6 setting, let it "saute" or boil for 15 minutes to reduce the sauce then it is perfect. I put random ingredients in there and it would come out perfect. I love the fact that I could turn the dial then leave the house and it would be ready when I came back. I had 2 other stove top pressure cooker before, and I had to remember to switch off the stove, which is hard when I am sleep deprived and running after children. I wish this model came with a timer, so I could set it to go on in the middle of the night and I would have congee or soup in the morning.

Date PurchasedOct 2014

Excellent buy, easy to use

Bought this about 6 months ago from The Good Guys, very easy to use. Had not used a pressure cooker before due to bad experience when my mother blew up her old stove top one. Small selection of recipes in the booklet but have used my own to make excellent soups, stews, curries and pasta dishes. No trouble getting pressure buildup as reported by some customers. Only wish I could make puddings, tried a steamed pudding but no good. Any tips on this from other readers? A few tricks to get the best results, don't use too much liquid, cut veges into larger pieces to prevent them disintegrating, overall very cheap price for a good item, has saved me hours of cooking when coming home late from work I am still able to cook a nice meal.

Date PurchasedFeb 2016

I bought this about 8 months ago from the Good Guys for $99 and it's the best appliance I've ever bought. 25mins meal is done. Nothing sticks to the bottom. Easy to clean. Easy to use. Soups, casseroles, curries it cooks everything quick and easy. A must have appliance for any home cook.

Results are VERY Hit and Miss!!

Ive used mine for approx 9 months for soups/stews/curries and have always had very hit and miss results.
Sometimes the meat falls off the bone and potatoes/carrots nice and soft but then other times doing the exact same thing with same ingredients I find things not quite as done and have to re-do the timer.
Usually i can hear the appliance bubbling inside if i get close to it and then it will give a slight release of pressure/hiss and thats it until timer is finished.
Today I have not heard the hiss while doing a curry. At the end of the cooking time the potatoes were still raw. So i re-set at setting 6 and once again the potatoes weren't cooked (still very firm) and the meat was rubbery.
I re-did again on setting 4 and veggies are still only just a little softer and meat still chewy.
I am now re-doing for the 4th time!! Very frustrating procedure indeed :-(
By the way I have cleaned everything on the lid, checked the silicone seal and poked a cocktail stick and blew into in every orifice but there were no blockages.
It basically seems like it has just been boiling away with no real pressure build up.
Even at the end of cooking when i move the vent it only lets off a tiny bit of steam rather than a minute or so like usual...

Hi Oneness - please contact the Kambrook customer care team on 1300 139 798 during business hours or e-mail askus@kambrook.com.au. Thank you.

An extremely useful kitchen companion

This is the first pressure cooker I have ever had. I was initially attracted to the idea of ultra fast, healthy meals for weeknights, but my usage has gradually expanded to cover fast cooking, special dishes (eg pulled pork), stews and soups, homemade stock, desserts and Christmas puddings, making pasta sauce in batches and freezing down. It is immensely useful for feeding a family and expanding the range of foods we all eat.

Electric pressure cookers are great as they are so easy to use and this Kambrook design takes that idea to the extreme, having one large dial as its sole control. It's also completely unintimidating to use and very safe, once the lid locks down it won't allow you to open it if any pressure remains. Nice.

I was concerned that this device would just be another cooking gimmick, destined to take up room in my kitchen cupboard, but I use it 2-4 nights a week and have had it for about 2 years.

Buy this thing if you like making wet food fast, like pasta sauce, chilli, curry, casserole, risotto, paella etc. It makes them taste great as it forces all the flavours together and makes the meat super-tender, and it cooks them all in about 1/3 the time it takes to cook them conventionally.

Pulled pork takes about 50 minutes, pot roast about 35, soup about 10 and risotto (this is my favourite!) takes 8 minutes!

Don't buy it if you only like dry roast food, as pressure cookers can't do that. In my experience, pressure cooking makes tastier food than slow cooking - you can adapt any slow cooker recipe to the pressure cooker easily.

This unit is sturdy, easy to clean, high quality and the non-stick removable pot is still perfectly non-stick after 2 years of heavy usage, which is hugely impressive. It is very well made and works perfectly.

The only downsides are that the numbers on the dial don't correspond to minutes, so if you are following a recipe you need to set a different timer, and that this unit doesn't do slow cooking (like the new multi-cookers do), but for me, to be honest, I don't really like slow cooking anyway.

To sum up, this cooker has made a real, definite and positive impact on my families diet and done it in a delicious way. I'm completely sold.

Sometimes Great

I have used electric pressure cookers for years, they are my main way of cooking, I love them!!

I loved the simplicity of this unit, all I need is pressure and time, not to fiddle with digital buttons or a bunch of menu selections that are in the end just preset times, I'll just set the times for various recipes myself thank you!!

And this lets you do that immediately, one pressure setting, one knob turn for time, that's it, great!!

The downside. I'm not sure about the pressure control of this unit, I get very inconsistent results!
As an example cooking the same recipe many times when all goes as it should a delicious chicken soup is served with meat completely off the bone and some veges almost liquified in no time, the very next night the exact same ingredients and volume, 2 full turns of the knob(1 hour at pressure!!) and the potato is still not cooked through, chicken bound up and stuck to the bone!

I think the pressure control in this can be very temperamental which is a shame because it has everything I look for in a pressure cooker but never knowing what you're going to get can be so frustrating!

Hi Tww, please contact the Kambrook customer care team on 1300 139 798 during business hours or e-mail askus@kambrook.com.au. Thank you.

Great Value

Great Pressure cooker at a fantastic price. So much easier and nicer to use than
my old Aluminium cooker, which I had to hover over. The Kambrook KPR620
just and set and forget. If you are after a good Pressure cooker I would highly recommend
you consider this model. I am very happy with my purchase.

TIMER DOESNT LAST

The problem I had with the KPR600 was that the timer doesnt last. I have used it once a week over the past one and a half years , and the timer has now started going crazy , moving forwards and then backwards. I only used it for cooking the same item (rice) every time that I used it , and maybe it somehow weakened the timer by always setting it at the same time , but I still think it should have lasted a lot longer. The KPR is one of the better looking kitchen devices that have I used , but they should have spent a few more dollars making it and got better timers.

Hi John - please contact the Kambrook customer care team on 1300 139 798 during business hours or e-mail askus@kambrook.com.au.I contacted kambrook as requested. Because I lived in a remote area, it was not feasible to send my KPR600 to be looked at. They offered to sell me a new upgraded KPR620 , with a new warranty , delivered , at what must be cost price. Considering that my old KPR600 was out of warranty , this was a good gesture by kambrook , and I thank them for it.previous comment truncated now continued "with a new warranty , delivered , for a an extremely good price and I accepted . Considering that my old KPR600 was out of warranty , this was a good gesture by kambrook and I thank them.

Fantastic, best electrical appliance for the busy person.

Fantastic, best electric appliance I've bought, great price and safer to use than a stove top which I was tossing up to get. But if you're a busy person after a days work go for an electric one especially if you get side track & aren't in the kitchen all the time. I never got to pack it away over winter, used it every day. Great for soups, quick & easy - I tried lots of new soup recipes this year. Only because they took no time at all. I have actually bought my son one for Christmas and can't wait to show him how easy it is. I have often spoke about this machine at work, everyone should get one. I'd rate it 9/10.

Works well

Seems to work well so far.
Only negative is the recipes - I have read and re-read but they don't seem to have been tested by Kambrook.

Hi LazyHorse - could you please contact our customer care team during business hours to discuss this? Our number is 1300 139 798. Thank you.

well priced cooker

good wee unit ,,works really well,,,,,awesome soups and casseroles, tender meats ,and brilliant for chicken, all within .the hour ....glad to have purchased.this ..(from the warehouse nz ) ,,not too shabby at all ,, was just what i needed ,,,,in a little kitchen cooking for one,, easy as / and is just what i expected from a pressure cooker /// cheers kambrook

1 year later using 2-3 times a-week every week,, not a single problem...brilliant

Brilliant, simple but excellent

We tossed up this above other much more expensive options. Glad we purchased this one, works perfectly and is very simple to use... and at $60 it was less than half the price. Works perfectly, like a slow cooker but quick, the only MINOR gripe is the timer is 1-6 with the time these relate to being in the book (no idea why this simply isn't mins on the dial). Would 100% recommended

Very easy to use

Only had the product 3 weeks. We have cooked a few different meals (curry, Ox tail, bolognese sauce and pork ribs, savoury mince) and we are happy with the results. The meat is very moist and tender and seams to hold its shape.
We have experimented with different times for different recipes. If you think it needs an extra 5 mins then it is easy to put the pressure cooker back on. So best to undercook at first till you get the hang it.
I followed the basic steps...browned the onions..seal the meat etc on the braise function ( it does tend to turn itself off while braising but the instruction book informs you to just turn it back on to braise must be a temp shut off???)
we are cooking 5kg (in two batches) of ribs this weekend for a party....We have experimented a couple of time to get this right and what would normally take 4 to 5 hours in a slow oven. Takes approx 25 to 30 mins cooked in the marinade. Then quickly under the oven grill with extra marinade. It's hard to tell the difference!!!
It is much safer and easier to use than then one my mum had some 50 years ago that turned everything to mush and cauliflower a grey colour. Hope this helps you with your decision.

Simple, no fuss pressure cooker

I purchased this pressure cooker today, so will update this review with a followup in a couple of week.

To start, I immediately had to return the pressure cooker as it was missing the power-cord (I realized this after I had cleaned all the components). However, I blame the Good Guys staff for this. The box was not in the best shape, and they admitted that someone probably took the power cord from the box, as another pressure cooker may have been missing one. I eventually got a replacement unit.

However, putting my initial experiences aside, I am very happy with this pressure cooker. Being my first pressure cooker, I didn't know what to expect.

The pressure cooker it's self on first impressions is very sturdy. The body, lid and accessories are pretty good.

Things I like:
1) The Saute function is great.
2) Easy to use.
3) Easy to clean.

Things I don't like
1) No timer, although each dial does represent a "time".
2) No keep warm feature.

I'll follow-up this brief review in a few weeks.
See above
See above

Easiest appliance in the kitchen.

Upgraded from stove top pressure cooker, wish I had done so earlier. Easy to use, prep everything in the bowl on sauté, lid on, turn dial & wait. One pot cooking..tried a couple of recipes from booklet - easy to follow. Daughters have successfully cooked a meal in this cooker - scared to use stove top one.
Simple to use, quick, easy clean, quiet.