Kambrook Essentials KSC320

Kambrook Essentials KSC320 (page 2 of 3)

MPN: KAM-KSC320WHT

Worst product I own, please don't buy.

This has been the worst product I have in my cupboard. I didn't do my research so my fault. It is so slow,even cooking on high for 8/9 hours results in meal being just cooked. There are only 2 of us so the size is perfect, but now have to seek another one, not too sure what brand. Rang the Kambrook customer service line, but given out of warranty nothing I can do. The service I received was only just also, as she appeared surprised by my comments, so obviously no one reads this product review which is a shame. I will pass on my thoughts to those I know and also log onto facebook, as I really don't want others to spend money and get little return. Unfortunate as I always thought Kambrook a good reliable brand.

Date PurchasedOct 2015

Disgusting taste. Awful product

I've tried cooking several prices of good meat in thus disaster and they have all come out with a gross chemical taste. Sour celery has been described before, I tend to agree. Something must be wrong with the element. It is producing a really bad scent that is transferring to the food. DO NOT BUY.

Date PurchasedFeb 2016
    OfficialKambrook

Hi Dylan, sorry to hear you've had a negative experience with this product. Could you please contact the Kambrook customer care team on 1300 139 798 during business hours or e-mail askus@kambrook.com.au. Thank you.

Holly

HollyGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Cheap but reliable.

For $40 at my local good guys, I'm pretty pleased with this slow cooker. Sometimes it does seem to cook a bit slowly, but when I work all day this isn't really an issue. I use it probably twice a week and the bowl doesnt have any cracks and seems pretty durable.

Awful

I'd never used a slow cooker before and a friend put me on to it. I bought a Kambrook Essentials slow cooker about 12 months ago. I love the concept! However, the results are ghastly. Every meal has a strong taste of sour celery. Horrible. I hand wash it in hot soapy water after every use. I took it out of the cupboard this morning for it's first use of the Winter season and smelled something not nice. Sour celery. Yuk. That's when i realised all the unappetising meals i made last Winter may not be because of my rotten cooking. It also developed a maze of fine cracks within one to two uses. Throwing it out today.

OfficialKambrook

Hi Flick - sorry to hear you've had a negative experience with our product. Could you please contact the Kambrook customer care team on 1300 139 798 during business hours or e-mail askus@kambrook.com.au. Thank you.

Very slow slow cooker

First time I have ever been disappointed with a Kambrook product, it takes forever to cook even on high. It is out of warranty but only been used less than a dozen times, as I have a 2 litre one I use most of the time, in a positive note it fits in the dishwasher to clean.

OfficialKambrook

Hi Floppsie, could you please contact the Kambrook customer care team on 1300 139 798 during business hours or e-mail askus@kambrook.com.au.

Mum of 216

Mum of 216Sydney

Food is still,not cooked after several hours

I bought one for my mum to use and she complained that the water was luke warm afte 5 hrs. She rang the manufacturer and was told that this was of course not normal so I returned it to the Good Guys without any problems. Was given a new one and again mum complained that it just didn't heat up fast enough or ever really get that hot. Thought mum might have been exaggerating so I decided to test it myself - well, the slow cooker was terrible. Barely heated up after 3 hours. Will be returning it again but won't bother with a replacement. Got it for $30 at The Good Guys as I did a price match with Kmart.

Temperature too low

poppytree

poppytreeMelbourne

Don't buy

I bought this slow cooker and it worked fine, but after the first couple of times I used it I noticed a crack had formed in the ceramic pot. I kept using it anyway and now the crack has grown and it's leaking. I've read these reviews and can see that a lot of people have had this problem with this product. It was cheap so I'm not heart broken. I'm now looking for another product, and it's interesting that reviews of most brands of ceramic slow cookers available in stores in Australia indicate that they have similar issues (and other problems too!) Can anyone recommend a good slow cooker??!?

OfficialKambrook

Hi Poppytree - please contact the Kambrook customer care team on 1300 139 798 during business hours or e-mail askus@kambrook.com.au. Thank you.

No problems at all. A great appliance.

Bought this a few months back because I wanted a small cooker and there's not much choice at the 3L end of the market. Makes ample for a couple to get a few meals from. I did loads of research before buying and was a bit worried by bad reviews but for $30 I thought I didn't have much to lose by trying it. Glad I did, it's been great! Don't over fill it and don't take the lid off while its cooking on low (first rules of slow cooking). Get a good cook book like Sally Wise, learn how to use it and you'll wonder how you lived without it. Easy to clean, not too heavy and doesn't take up a whole cupboard. An appliance you will actually use. Others I know with the same cooker have also found it good.

Do not buy

Used this 4 times. Worked as it should until i washed it up after meal number 4 and the bowl cracked and split and fell apart. Makes it a very expensive purchase on a per use base. Will not recommend it. Sad part is i have a choice of another brand at time of purchase and went with this on basis it would be more reliable.

OfficialKambrook

Hi ks - please return this item to the store where it was purchased with a valid receipt to arrange a refund.

i do not have receipt.

ks

was just told by your "customer service" that you are not responsible too bad so sad
    great work kambrook

Kambrook should recall

I have just phoned Kambrook complaining about their slow cooker KSC320.
    I have used it twice now and after hours of wasting time waiting for the meat to cook then having to transfer the meat to a casserole dish and finish off in the oven and think of something else for dinner.
    The man I spoke to on the phone was useless, he offered me another cooker at a reduced price and pretended he new nothing of this problem! I asked him several times if this was a known problem and he wouldn't give me a straight answer. I can't imagine that Kambrook aren't aware of this problem. Kambrook need to recall these products and reimburse us.
    Never will I purchase another Kambrook product again!

Sue

Have contacted Kambrook and after several phone calls I have returned the faulty slow cooker and received a replacement from Kambrook. I have yet to try out the new one.

Disappointed

OfficialKambrook

Hi Jennifer - please contact the Kambrook customer care team on 1300 139 798 during business hours or e-mail askus@kambrook.com.au. Thank you.

morrie

morrieCleveland

Shocker

Never worked properly since we purchased it. Although we browned the meat beforehand, it was still undercooked after a day on highest settting. Wrote to Kambrook expressing my dissatisfaction and they offered another unit at a special price. Didn't take up their offer as I consider their product grossly inferior to other brands.

Ella

EllaLaunceston, TAS

performed well

I received mine as a gift and was disappointed when I read the reviews but I am happy to say it has worked really well and cooks exactly as it should. So far I've made Beef Bourgeon, Chicken Korma and a Leg of Lamb, all perfect and yummy. My only regret is not having one with a timer.

Perfect

Just fantastic little cooker . Pleasantly surprised. After all the negative reviews I decided purchase anyway. Had nothing to loose . Would recommend $30 Kmart . .

jodyrosey

No problems at all its great

We bought one of these little slow cookers on Sunday 8th Feb from the good guys,Oxenford QLD.Ive used slow cookers for 25 years and our house one is a Ronson big 5.5 litre one.But we wanted a small one to take in our caravan. So we bought the last one which was a display one for $25. Got home read up on the reviews and my heart sunk.Looked like I had bought a crock of rubbish , but how wrong could I be. Put it on today at 12.25pm,and on high as I always do in our other one, then when its bubbling I put it on low. And its great! Sausage casserole, already cooked in 2 hours.I will make something with meat ,proper meat not sausages in next, a beef curry or Strogonoff to trial it before we go away .But so far so good, no complaints at all.

jodyrosey

I cooked a beef strogonoff casserole with onions carrots peas and potatos,carrots and spuds cooked fine,and they can take while usually,took 3 hours to cook it all,meat was tender and beautiful

Not up to scratch.

Slow cookers should operate between 79 and 93 degrees centigrade but ours runs on hot at 60 degrees. According to Wikipaedia toxic bacteria can form at that temperature. What sort of quality control does Kambrrook have. I have had a fight with my wife about this as I know the curry wont be cooked by this evening. In future I will make the curries a bit more scientifically.

OfficialKambrook

Hi John - please contact the Kambrook customer care team on 1300 139 798 or e-mail askus@kambrook.com.au. Thank you.

Worked for me so far

People are claiming it doesnt cook and that the knob labels are wrong. But i dont know how to tell and when i used it today, it took about 2 hours to cook my veggies on high, which to me seemed like a reasonable length of time. So i dont know if the one I have is wrong or not and i dont know how to tell? Can someone help?
    Has different heat setting

Bec

BecBlakeview, South Australia

Great product

Purchased my slow cooker about 5 yrs ago, still works a treat. I've never had an undercooked or overlooked meal in mine and I've used the high and low settings as well as the keep warm setting after the food is cooked. I love that j can pop it on low before heading to work and knowing our dinner is cooked when I get home,
    Cheap, reliable, perfect size for 2 adults and 2 young children.
    The lid can sometimes rattle if it's not sitting in the ceramic insert in a certain spot but that does not affect the overall use.

Happy Customer

I have a recently purchased Kambrook 3l KSC320 Essential. I have used it for cooking Roast meats and chicken recipes with 100% success so far. The slow cooker was inexpensive to purchase and is a convenient size for a small family. It is easy to clean after use and the 'Keep Warm' function works well.
    Excellent results when used for a variety of meals.

See all Kambrook Essentials KSC320 reviews