Kambrook KTA270BSS2JAN1

Kambrook KTA270BSS2JAN1

4.0 from 1 review

Toast - its highly emotional !

The Sunbeam Cafe toaster went to the other half in the seperation but I couldn't extend myself to spend +$100 again despite how great that product is. So $50 was my budget and after reading every review on here I could not believe how emotional toasting a piece of bread could get !

I settled on a Kambrook 2 slice unit that looked like the old Sunbeam Toastamatic, (now wasn't that an iconic piece of technology many years ago). In my research I discovered the more horizontal elements in a toaster the better the browning consistency. Lower quality toaster have 6-8, this Kambrook has 10 elements with a slight slant.

First few uses the toaster was inconsistent but after some more use the elements 'bedded' in and improved. The long horizontal slider lets you tailor your settings and best you start off midway at the 3 level. The rounded stainless steel outer is reasonable quality, but the cord storage is a bit hit and miss. The 'outside' holes are too big for the fitted cord so they don't fit tight, small nuisance that should of been picked up on.

Oddly, the best price I found was my local Woolworths supermarket for $45. Kambrook offer 24 month warranty.

Date PurchasedOct 2018