Kapture KPT-722

Kapture KPT-722

MPN: KPT-722

See the Best Dash Cams in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

Mick D.

Mick D.Greater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Never buy a Kapture Webcam

What a piece of crap that Kapture make. All I read is how bad all their webcams are and mine is no exception. Already in the bin and will never buy another one again. Save your money and give this company a wide berth

Purchased at JB Hi-Fi.

Battery Life

Unhappy customer

Unhappy customerCentral Queensland, QLD

Waste of money

Made the mistake of buying 3 for my business vehicles. Took forever to set up. After only 3yrs the windscreen mount on all 3 has fallen to pieces. Don’t ring the company for help to get replacement parts they no better than this product. Absolute rubbish.

Purchased in November 2016 at JB Hi-Fi Retail Stores.

Readable Number PlatesNo
Features / Functions
Video Quality
Audio Quality
Night-Time Video Quality
Battery Life

Dashcam is garbage and so is there customer service

After spending half a day installing the dashcam neatly in my vehicle I turned it on and worked perfectly until I put an SD card in, and then it would continuously power on and off. Contacted them and after a couple emails suggesting what could be wrong and how to fix it nothing worked. As it was a gift I did not have a receipt to return it and they did not want to help replace their product. AVOID THIS COMPANY!

Purchased in February 2019.

Readable Number PlatesNo
KirstyB

KirstyBSouth Australia, 5540

Runs well with minimum functions in use.

Confusing to setup at firsts. But once the cam was set up according to the manual there were problems keeping it running. It crashed constantly so had to disable functions until reduced to camera recording with date and time and 5 minute videos. Motion sensor filled SDcard and would not rewrite so disabled it. But ok as a basic cask cam....

Pierre

PierreSydney west

Good value for money for dual dash camera

When the camera system works, it's great. However setting up is rather cumbersome. It appears that the housing is not designed for Australian conditions as my case warped in just a few months although the manufacturer has offered a refund if I choose to return it. Images captured from both cameras are pretty good, but nightvision images are not as good as cameradesigned for night vision.

Rob76

Rob76Sydney

Faulty loop and loses timestamp

Roslyn

RoslynGold Coast

Blue Screen

We purchase our dash cam from JB HIfi. It is a good size and looks a quality camera BUT it kept saying card full (purchased with dash cam) and we would get a blue screen. Our son bought same dash cam, same time and had same problems. JB HIfi refunded our purchase without any problems and we purchased a navman, which wouldn’t even turn on, such a disappointment for a well know brand so we got our money back. I have since read where Sandisk SD cards can cause problems in dash cams but we purchased 32 high speed card with camera so we could do no more.

DO NOT WASTE YOUR MONEY !!!!

Goats

GoatsPerth

It's rubbish

Has never worked. Wouldn't turn on and was a waste of my money. Don't buy this product.
Lost recipes which is my own fault but I would still expect the product to work as described.
It worked once the first time I installed it. And never worked since. Really annoyed. I'll never purchase from this company again.

Caroline

CarolineBrisbane

Doesn't record it when you need it most

Frank

FrankSYDNEY

Update review, Parkmate very helpful

I had issues with my KPT 722's of which i purchased 2 I called parkmate finally got hold of the and they were very helpful in resolving my problem, initially gave 1 star and bagged them but they really have provided great customer service and I am very happy with them. I wouldn't recommend the KPT 722 due to issues i had with it but I would recommend Parkmate the company. Thank you for help resolve my issues

Absolutely Rubbish!!!! Too much money for a crap product!!!!

Gryphonn

GryphonnBrisbane

Too many bugs to recommend

One of the worst

One of the worst products I have had. It locks u out so u can't do anything u can't record after a long period of time. The camera ends up locking the sd card so u never really get anything from it besides a headache and a waste of money

Problem after problem

The recording function stops during extended use. After 4 months the mount broke. I returned to JB and they replaced it. They could not be more helpful. The new unit now wont pick up / record the video signal from the reward camera. Its rubbish - Id buy anything but one of these units. What is advertised as a simple to set up and easy to use product could not be further from the truth. Returned the nit for a refund.

Operates as it is advertised, happy!

This camera was a Christmas gift and is now operating everyday without any obvious problems. Installing was quite simple and the manual seems to cover most of the points discussed in other reviews. The menu is a bit challenging with quite small text, as is the user manual (which possibly needs reading a few times!)
Very happy so far though!

Radio interference from power supply

Once I had set up the camera using enclosed instructions I went for a test drive only to find I couldn't listen to the radio due to static noise. Unplugged the power supply and radio came good. Took the power supply back to JB HI FI and they replaced it. Lo and behold, exact same problem. Seems the makers have opted for the cheapest supply they could get. I now use a power supply from another product with no problems at all. Perhaps JB should distance themselves from this company.?

Bang for buck !

I was looking at the Uniden 755 igo but their service was total crap
I like to buy in store so I can take something back if it fails so JB Hi fi have a good shop and good service locally and this was on special.

I am a total luddite and hate this kind of thing but even I could set it up and get it running by myself. ( yes I did have a few problems but stopping and thinking fixed them.

I am unsure how the download works on a mac and so I need to work that out but the unit is up and running and doing the job.

MrGringo

MrGringosydney

Total rubbish

I bought this dash cam thinking it must be good because of the front and rear cameras.
but after using it for the first 3 days the image was frozen and the screen would turn purple. So i returned it to jb and got a replacement in a sealed box. The second replacement lasted 1 month till it started doing the exact problem. So i went back to jb and got a refund. Bought myself playstation 4 games.
Do not buy this product its crap.
Its nice and pretty design but the internals are total rubbish!!!

Don

DonMelbourne

Not so bad now I found what's wrong