Kapture KPT-722

Kapture KPT-722 Questions & Answers

MPN: KPT-722
Brand Manager for Kapture? Register now and take advantage of ProductReview's Brand Management Platform!

20 questions from our users

Nev
Nevasked

Why doesn't my rear camera work please anyone. Cheers.

Leisa C.
Leisa C.asked

I am after a windscreen mount for my kpt722. It was left in our old car

Russell Shore
Russell Shoreasked

I bought a KPT-722 from JB HiFi in 2018. It has just started making a high pitched beep every 2 seconds and the triple lights on either side of the lens come on as it beeps. I disconnected it but it kept on doing this for 20 minutes but now stopped, maybe the battery ran out? Any idea whats happened?

Peter M.
Peter M.asked

On starting my car this morning, my camera flashes the Kapture logo & then re-starts - I can't access any menus. Any ideas please?

George Brown
George Brownasked

I have the same type a small the KPT-722 but with the orange band, I am having the same problems as the camera keeps coming of the w/screen ( no matter how clean the suction is or the w/screen is). Also the camera keeps going of and on. Tried charging the battery for two days with no success. Took it back to JB HIFI and they tried to get in touch with Kapture to be told it is the battery that cannot be replaced.

The question is, is there another camera that can be use with the same set up as this one has a rear camera as well, without having to have the car rewired?

It would be great if there is.

Thank you.

Frazer W.
Frazer W.

I took the product back and got a refund.

D C.asked

the suction thing is no longer sucking, where can i get a replacement ??

Wayne B.
Wayne B.

Same problem. Did you get an answer?

D C.

not yet...i have sticky taped it to windscreen but after 1 month it fell off. now i am back on the searching road again, tried to call kapture but no one pick up the phone just put me on hold for more than 30 mins so i hung up. i now searching for some other kapture models se if it can be used with the installed cables, otherwise i had to buy new adn install new, run cables all over again....pain in the neck. not many cam with rear cam on the market, blackvue is expensive......

John B.
John B.asked

My rear camera not working, can I purchase a rear camera.

Shirleyasked

My camera is stuck on the last place I parked, I can't get the menu to come up to reset things, the sd card doesn't have anything since 2 months ago, only video no photos and I know pressed buttons to take photos.

Mick D.

Sorry, cant help you on that! The only thing I can think to do is to reformat the SD card and hope that fixes things

Shirley

Thanks Mick. My SD card must have been faulty as I couldn't even reformat it to FAT32
So I reset it and put a new sd card, working again.

Helen B.
Helen B.asked

I have a Kapture KPT 580 some how I have managed to set it to Russian ( I think) How do I restore it to english. ??

Hi Helen
If you have the manual, go to step 8.5- language
If not, stop recording and go to menu setting and use the < > up/ down buttons to scroll and you should find the language settings. There is a manual on google if you type in kpt580 Language

Gazz
Gazzasked

My rear camera wont work when in setting it just keeps defaulting to off
Cheers Garry

Mick D.

Sorry cant help you mate! Do what I did and throw it in the bin. Dont forget to take the card out. I forgot too :-(

Wayne
Wayneasked

My Kapture KP722 has stopped working all together. Autobarn who fitted this camera have said that the connection to the swivel mount suction cup has broken contacts and needs replacing. Unfortunately for me, Autobarn have said that the replacement suction cup swivel mount has been upgraded from a mini USB to a micro USB power connection so the whole front & rear camera power cables have to be replaced at my cost of $200 plus $45 for the new mount. Just average products with average warranties.

another victim
another victimasked

My rear camera has disappeared from screen and maybe not working

Kerri A
Kerri Aasked

Can you buy replacement sticky pads for this?

Gazz
Gazzasked

Why is there not a troubleshooter section as my camera does not show back camera
Any ideas?

Darylene A
Darylene Aasked

how do I reset factory settings as the park mate just keeps beeping and won't let me do anything?

Roslyn
Roslyn

Sorry can’t help you as we returned ours due to a lie screen

marty
martyasked

when I turn my camera on it only has what it has just seen,the lights are on all the time. Any ideas?

Frank

Marty ring parkmate in Victoria their number is 03 8331 4800 they are pretty helpful. Ask fit technical support. Hope this helps

merv
mervasked

When first turned on every thing is in CHINES how do i get it back into english and is there a factory resets button?

Hi Merv
Ring the company on 03 8331 4800 they are really helpful. I had issues with my kapture 722 and the company helped me a lot. They have a technical department to help with tech issues give them a call they will talk you through it
Cheers

Leonie
Leonieasked

Mine is doing the same thing as the question asked. Making this weird beeping sound and only takes a still shot when car starts up. I can't reset it no functions come up regardless of what button you press. I purchased it just before Xmas and it doesn't get touched at all so no reason why this has just started to happen. Any ideas?

Mine is doing exactly the same thing very frustrating

Mine is doing exactly the same thing very frustrating

maryseasked

What is the blue light (status ) on the left side of the camera for? I cannot find any info in the booklet. the print is so small.Can anyone help ?

Gryphonn
Gryphonn

Slow flashing generally means it's recording. No idea what a steady blue light is though.

maryse

I am very good on new tech, but the camera est too hard to set up, too confusing.
I wish I knew somebody who could help me with it, The battery life is so short ,it is terrible.

Tjjamesasked

I have a kpt-722. It's just over 12 months old but I've only just started using it a week ago. Now when it powers up it takes a still shot which just sits on the screen. It repeatedly is just making the power up chime over and over until it runs out of power. I have reset, turned on and off, removed and replaced these card and just get the same result. Anyone help out here?

Don
Don

I can't remember exactly because I haven't been using it lately, but I remember it had two modes of operation, photo (single shot) and video record. Maybe you've got it in photo mode. I think there was an icon on the screen that showed which mode you were in-a camera for photo mode which changes to a video recorder when you're in video recorder mode.

Tjjames

I wish it was as easy as that. As soon as it's switched on it takes the photo, no icons appear on the screen and don't get time to press any buttons.

MANXTER
MANXTER

Its no good take it back

Other Dash Cams