Kapture KPT-722

Kapture KPT-722

MPN: KPT-722
See the Best Dash Cams in 2021 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Brand Manager for Kapture? Register now and take advantage of ProductReview's Brand Management Platform!

• Readable Number PlatesYes (1) · No (3)
  • Video Quality
  • Battery Life
  • Audio Quality
  • Night-Time Video Quality

Rubbish - breaks easy and cables too short

Rear camera cable too short by 1 metre and the car is a small mazda 3 not even a 4wd.
Adjustment knob broken out of box.
The permanant need to glue to window would prevent ease of removal for window shade

Purchased in December 2020 for $90.00.

trouble trying to get SD card updated, as it says to do. Still won’t record to iPhone. Emailed company several times, as manual doesn’t explain. reply hard to understand. My daughter supposedly upgraded SD card for me, so should work, but doesn’t. Very disappointed. have to return it. Sad, because it would be great if it worked. Don’t like the way it sticks on windscreen the way it does. Keeps coming off.

Purchased in December 2019 at JB Hi-Fi.

Maureen A.
Maureen A.

Not blaming JB HI-FI. They’re very good.

Frazer W.
Frazer W.Greater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Same issue, constantly turns off and on. Very poor product.

Difficult to set-up cable for rear camera not long enough. Constantly turns off and on.
I paid yo get I stalled so very expensive exercise.
Will be asking for money back from JB HiFi.

Purchased in April 2019 at JB Hi-Fi for $250.00.

Mick D.
Mick D.Greater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Never buy a Kapture Webcam

What a piece of crap that Kapture make. All I read is how bad all their webcams are and mine is no exception. Already in the bin and will never buy another one again. Save your money and give this company a wide berth

Purchased at JB Hi-Fi.

Unhappy customer
Unhappy customerCentral Queensland, QLD

Waste of money

Made the mistake of buying 3 for my business vehicles. Took forever to set up. After only 3yrs the windscreen mount on all 3 has fallen to pieces. Don’t ring the company for help to get replacement parts they no better than this product. Absolute rubbish.

Purchased in November 2016 at JB Hi-Fi Retail Stores.

Dashcam is garbage and so is there customer service

After spending half a day installing the dashcam neatly in my vehicle I turned it on and worked perfectly until I put an SD card in, and then it would continuously power on and off. Contacted them and after a couple emails suggesting what could be wrong and how to fix it nothing worked. As it was a gift I did not have a receipt to return it and they did not want to help replace their product. AVOID THIS COMPANY!

Purchased in February 2019.

Rob76
Rob76Sydney

Faulty loop and loses timestamp

Roslyn
RoslynGold Coast

Blue Screen

We purchase our dash cam from JB HIfi. It is a good size and looks a quality camera BUT it kept saying card full (purchased with dash cam) and we would get a blue screen. Our son bought same dash cam, same time and had same problems. JB HIfi refunded our purchase without any problems and we purchased a navman, which wouldn’t even turn on, such a disappointment for a well know brand so we got our money back. I have since read where Sandisk SD cards can cause problems in dash cams but we purchased 32 high speed card with camera so we could do no more.

Other Dash Cams

DO NOT WASTE YOUR MONEY !!!!

Goats
GoatsPerth

It's rubbish

Has never worked. Wouldn't turn on and was a waste of my money. Don't buy this product.
Lost recipes which is my own fault but I would still expect the product to work as described.
It worked once the first time I installed it. And never worked since. Really annoyed. I'll never purchase from this company again.

Caroline
CarolineBrisbane

Doesn't record it when you need it most

Natschick
NatschickQueensland

Absolutely Rubbish!!!! Too much money for a crap product!!!!

One of the worst

One of the worst products I have had. It locks u out so u can't do anything u can't record after a long period of time. The camera ends up locking the sd card so u never really get anything from it besides a headache and a waste of money

Problem after problem

The recording function stops during extended use. After 4 months the mount broke. I returned to JB and they replaced it. They could not be more helpful. The new unit now wont pick up / record the video signal from the reward camera. Its rubbish - Id buy anything but one of these units. What is advertised as a simple to set up and easy to use product could not be further from the truth. Returned the nit for a refund.

MrGringo
MrGringosydney

Total rubbish

I bought this dash cam thinking it must be good because of the front and rear cameras.
but after using it for the first 3 days the image was frozen and the screen would turn purple. So i returned it to jb and got a replacement in a sealed box. The second replacement lasted 1 month till it started doing the exact problem. So i went back to jb and got a refund. Bought myself playstation 4 games.
Do not buy this product its crap.
Its nice and pretty design but the internals are total rubbish!!!