Kapture KPT-722

Kapture KPT-722

MPN: KPT-722
See the Best Dash Cams in 2021 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Brand Manager for Kapture? Register now and take advantage of ProductReview's Brand Management Platform!

• Readable Number PlatesYes (1) · No (3)
  • Video Quality
  • Battery Life
  • Audio Quality
  • Night-Time Video Quality

Rubbish - breaks easy and cables too short

Rear camera cable too short by 1 metre and the car is a small mazda 3 not even a 4wd.
Adjustment knob broken out of box.
The permanant need to glue to window would prevent ease of removal for window shade

Purchased in December 2020 for $90.00.

trouble trying to get SD card updated, as it says to do. Still won’t record to iPhone. Emailed company several times, as manual doesn’t explain. reply hard to understand. My daughter supposedly upgraded SD card for me, so should work, but doesn’t. Very disappointed. have to return it. Sad, because it would be great if it worked. Don’t like the way it sticks on windscreen the way it does. Keeps coming off.

Purchased in December 2019 at JB Hi-Fi.

Maureen A.
Maureen A.

Not blaming JB HI-FI. They’re very good.

Frazer W.
Frazer W.Greater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Same issue, constantly turns off and on. Very poor product.

Difficult to set-up cable for rear camera not long enough. Constantly turns off and on.
I paid yo get I stalled so very expensive exercise.
Will be asking for money back from JB HiFi.

Purchased in April 2019 at JB Hi-Fi for $250.00.

Mick D.
Mick D.Greater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Never buy a Kapture Webcam

What a piece of crap that Kapture make. All I read is how bad all their webcams are and mine is no exception. Already in the bin and will never buy another one again. Save your money and give this company a wide berth

Purchased at JB Hi-Fi.

Unhappy customer
Unhappy customerCentral Queensland, QLD

Waste of money

Made the mistake of buying 3 for my business vehicles. Took forever to set up. After only 3yrs the windscreen mount on all 3 has fallen to pieces. Don’t ring the company for help to get replacement parts they no better than this product. Absolute rubbish.

Purchased in November 2016 at JB Hi-Fi Retail Stores.

Dashcam is garbage and so is there customer service

After spending half a day installing the dashcam neatly in my vehicle I turned it on and worked perfectly until I put an SD card in, and then it would continuously power on and off. Contacted them and after a couple emails suggesting what could be wrong and how to fix it nothing worked. As it was a gift I did not have a receipt to return it and they did not want to help replace their product. AVOID THIS COMPANY!

Purchased in February 2019.

KirstyB
KirstyBSouth Australia, 5540

Runs well with minimum functions in use.

Confusing to setup at firsts. But once the cam was set up according to the manual there were problems keeping it running. It crashed constantly so had to disable functions until reduced to camera recording with date and time and 5 minute videos. Motion sensor filled SDcard and would not rewrite so disabled it. But ok as a basic cask cam....

Pierre
PierreSydney west

Good value for money for dual dash camera

When the camera system works, it's great. However setting up is rather cumbersome. It appears that the housing is not designed for Australian conditions as my case warped in just a few months although the manufacturer has offered a refund if I choose to return it. Images captured from both cameras are pretty good, but nightvision images are not as good as cameradesigned for night vision.

Rob76
Rob76Sydney

Faulty loop and loses timestamp

Roslyn
RoslynGold Coast

Blue Screen

We purchase our dash cam from JB HIfi. It is a good size and looks a quality camera BUT it kept saying card full (purchased with dash cam) and we would get a blue screen. Our son bought same dash cam, same time and had same problems. JB HIfi refunded our purchase without any problems and we purchased a navman, which wouldn’t even turn on, such a disappointment for a well know brand so we got our money back. I have since read where Sandisk SD cards can cause problems in dash cams but we purchased 32 high speed card with camera so we could do no more.

DO NOT WASTE YOUR MONEY !!!!

Goats
GoatsPerth

It's rubbish

Has never worked. Wouldn't turn on and was a waste of my money. Don't buy this product.
Lost recipes which is my own fault but I would still expect the product to work as described.
It worked once the first time I installed it. And never worked since. Really annoyed. I'll never purchase from this company again.

Caroline
CarolineBrisbane

Doesn't record it when you need it most

Natschick
NatschickQueensland

Absolutely Rubbish!!!! Too much money for a crap product!!!!

One of the worst

One of the worst products I have had. It locks u out so u can't do anything u can't record after a long period of time. The camera ends up locking the sd card so u never really get anything from it besides a headache and a waste of money