Kapture KPT-722

Kapture KPT-722

MPN: KPT-722
See the Best Dash Cams in 2021 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Brand Manager for Kapture? Register now and take advantage of ProductReview's Brand Management Platform!

KirstyB
KirstyBSouth Australia, 5540

Runs well with minimum functions in use.

Confusing to setup at firsts. But once the cam was set up according to the manual there were problems keeping it running. It crashed constantly so had to disable functions until reduced to camera recording with date and time and 5 minute videos. Motion sensor filled SDcard and would not rewrite so disabled it. But ok as a basic cask cam....

Pierre
PierreSydney west

Good value for money for dual dash camera

When the camera system works, it's great. However setting up is rather cumbersome. It appears that the housing is not designed for Australian conditions as my case warped in just a few months although the manufacturer has offered a refund if I choose to return it. Images captured from both cameras are pretty good, but nightvision images are not as good as cameradesigned for night vision.

Other Dash Cams

Radio interference from power supply

Once I had set up the camera using enclosed instructions I went for a test drive only to find I couldn't listen to the radio due to static noise. Unplugged the power supply and radio came good. Took the power supply back to JB HI FI and they replaced it. Lo and behold, exact same problem. Seems the makers have opted for the cheapest supply they could get. I now use a power supply from another product with no problems at all. Perhaps JB should distance themselves from this company.?

Bang for buck !

I was looking at the Uniden 755 igo but their service was total crap
I like to buy in store so I can take something back if it fails so JB Hi fi have a good shop and good service locally and this was on special.

I am a total luddite and hate this kind of thing but even I could set it up and get it running by myself. ( yes I did have a few problems but stopping and thinking fixed them.

I am unsure how the download works on a mac and so I need to work that out but the unit is up and running and doing the job.

Dash Cams

Find out how Kapture KPT-722 compares to other Dash Cams

Don
DonMelbourne

Not so bad now I found what's wrong

Works for me

Only bought yesterday, at JBHI under $200, took home and set up as per manual, all good, checked when I got to work, recorded everything in 5 min loops as where it was set to. Can't fault it yet, early days but...Still records when screen goes off as its designed to do. A bit more explanation in the manual would've been helpful, but not too bad.

Hemanth
HemanthSydney

Has some bugs!

les
lesSydney Surrounds, NSW

Mislead public due to poor manual

Hi Guys, I have one of these and unfortunately all the problems are not to do with the unit but poor explanation via the manual!
Hop onto the below website, and contact support, these guys are awesome!
Mine is working perfectly…
The product is excellent!!
The biggest complaint is (the unit turns its self-off and doesn’t record?
Well in actual fact you have screen saver turned on.. ( designed to help preserve battery and for night driving
The biggest problem is the manual! That’s why it got 4 stars
Anyhow contact the guys at Kapture!

Other Dash Cams

Nev
Nevasked

Why doesn't my rear camera work please anyone. Cheers.

Leisa C.
Leisa C.asked

I am after a windscreen mount for my kpt722. It was left in our old car

Russell Shore
Russell Shoreasked

I bought a KPT-722 from JB HiFi in 2018. It has just started making a high pitched beep every 2 seconds and the triple lights on either side of the lens come on as it beeps. I disconnected it but it kept on doing this for 20 minutes but now stopped, maybe the battery ran out? Any idea whats happened?

CategoryDash Cams
Screen Size 2.7"
Viewing Angle 160°
Camera Resolution1080p (Full HD)
Channels 1
FeaturesAutomatic Incident Detection (G-sensor), Microphone/Audio Recording and Motion Detection
Memory TypeMicroSD card