Kapture KPT-722

Kapture KPT-722

MPN: KPT-722
See the Best Dash Cams in 2021 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Brand Manager for Kapture? Register now and take advantage of ProductReview's Brand Management Platform!

• Readable Number PlatesYes (0) · No (2)
  • Video Quality
  • Battery Life
  • Audio Quality
  • Night-Time Video Quality
pig hunter.
pig hunter.

rubbish / won;t last.

Purchased in November 2019 for $169.00.

Chris Hawthorne
Chris HawthorneGippsland, VIC

Cheap but does the job. Technical Support Individual Just Sighs

Camera is cheap. Stick on foot cannot be removed from camera so removal and refit of SD card is difficult. Inevitability of leaving greasy hands on windscreen. Technical support plays a big role in any of these cameras. And theirs is also cheap. Brad sighs at every turn as he has to painfully explain to a gen X how to do something that must be automatic with gen Y's. What a pain in the back I must have been.

Purchased in January 2020 at JBHIFI for $239.00.

Other Dash Cams

KirstyB
KirstyBSouth Australia, 5540

Runs well with minimum functions in use.

Confusing to setup at firsts. But once the cam was set up according to the manual there were problems keeping it running. It crashed constantly so had to disable functions until reduced to camera recording with date and time and 5 minute videos. Motion sensor filled SDcard and would not rewrite so disabled it. But ok as a basic cask cam....

Pierre
PierreSydney west

Good value for money for dual dash camera

When the camera system works, it's great. However setting up is rather cumbersome. It appears that the housing is not designed for Australian conditions as my case warped in just a few months although the manufacturer has offered a refund if I choose to return it. Images captured from both cameras are pretty good, but nightvision images are not as good as cameradesigned for night vision.

Dash Cams

Find out how Kapture KPT-722 compares to other Dash Cams

Frank
FrankSYDNEY

Update review, Parkmate very helpful

I had issues with my KPT 722's of which i purchased 2 I called parkmate finally got hold of the and they were very helpful in resolving my problem, initially gave 1 star and bagged them but they really have provided great customer service and I am very happy with them. I wouldn't recommend the KPT 722 due to issues i had with it but I would recommend Parkmate the company. Thank you for help resolve my issues

Gryphonn
GryphonnBrisbane

Too many bugs to recommend

Operates as it is advertised, happy!

This camera was a Christmas gift and is now operating everyday without any obvious problems. Installing was quite simple and the manual seems to cover most of the points discussed in other reviews. The menu is a bit challenging with quite small text, as is the user manual (which possibly needs reading a few times!)
Very happy so far though!

Smart shopping tips to help you make the most of Black Friday sales

Clara V.
Clara V.15 Nov 2021
smart-shopping-tips-to-help-you-make-the-most-of-black-friday-sales

Radio interference from power supply

Once I had set up the camera using enclosed instructions I went for a test drive only to find I couldn't listen to the radio due to static noise. Unplugged the power supply and radio came good. Took the power supply back to JB HI FI and they replaced it. Lo and behold, exact same problem. Seems the makers have opted for the cheapest supply they could get. I now use a power supply from another product with no problems at all. Perhaps JB should distance themselves from this company.?

Other Dash Cams

Don
DonMelbourne

Not so bad now I found what's wrong

Dash Cams