Kapture KPT-890 Full HD

Kapture KPT-890 Full HD

See the Best Dash Cams in 2021 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Brand Manager for Kapture? Register now and take advantage of ProductReview's Brand Management Platform!

1.8
  • Readable Number PlatesYes (1) · No (1)
  • Video Quality
  • Battery Life
  • Audio Quality
  • Night-Time Video Quality
Ryan
RyanCentral Queensland, QLD

KPT-892, not worth it

Purchased in December 2019 at JB Hi-Fi Retail Stores.

37 yearold male
37 yearold maleSouth East Queensland, QLD

Not the best if you pay full price

I brought when on sale for $124.
They film ok for price when on sale but I don’t recommend buying one at full price as it’s not worth $250 in my opinion.
A bad thing I noticed is when I have actually needed it, when I check the footage it has missed parts between the 1 minute blocks. It’s let me down a few times now and honestly it was useless as it missed around 5 seconds and it was the 5 seconds I needed.
Another thing I’m not a fan of is it’s one piece so if you try to take it off the windshield, it’s quite tricky without braking it.

Good points are
They dont have a separate gps antenna that you need to stick somewhere as the older model had so installation pretty easy.
The app is easy to use.

Purchased at JB Hi-Fi Retail Stores for $124.00.

Other Dash Cams

Moody J.
Moody J.asked

Hi, what is the benefit for sticking the electrostatic film on the windshield. Also is it should be on outside or inside the windshield?

Heather G.
Heather G.asked

Hello, I received the KPT-890 Dash Camera for 2020 Christmas gift. After reading the reviews I was a little dubious about its effectiveness. However, I have not had any problems so far . I am now getting a message on the KPT-890 app that there is a firmware update available so my question is can I use the same SD card to download the firmware update or do I have to use a new SD card? It is not very clear in the website instructions. Thank you for your Help.

Ricardo Jorge G.
Ricardo Jorge G.

I believe you need to use a new card or you can format the one that's in the dashcam.

Ethan casked

Why does my settings reset everytime I drive? I turn off the stupid alerts saying 40kmh in a 90kmh zone and next time I drive it isn’t saved so I have to turn it off again and again and also lower the volume. The settings should be able to be saved this is ridiculous.

Andrew
Andrew

Ethan, you need to upgrade the firmware on the camera. This will fix this problem. Go to the kapture website to download the latest firmware on your computer and install on to the SD card. Follow the instructions on the support page. It actually works and fixes the problem.

Ethan c

Legend, thanks for your help

CategoryDash Cams