Kapture KPT-900

Kapture KPT-900

Sim

SimNSW, 1715

Average dashcam

Camera is small considering its features. Average picture quality, easy to setup. Most of the features like speed camera warning, lane drift warning are gimmicks. The warnings come too late and the sound is too quiet so I quickly turned them all off as they're more distracting than helpful. Got it from JB HiFi when it was on sale. I don't think I will get this again.

OmbreVictoria

So far so good

Ian N

Ian NGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Works, for the first five minutes of each trip

Easy to set up and use

Big downside is that it seems to work only for a few minutes. After that, if you touch the screen to light it up, most of the time you see just the camera view; the on-screen controls have gone missing, and it's stopped recording, until you power off/on and it's good for another several minutes.

Dash Cams

Find out how Kapture KPT-900 compares to other Dash Cams

disgruntled35

disgruntled35PERTH

Expensive crap

Don't waste your money on this product. Everything works but it will only record your journey for 5 - 10 minutes then it will just sit there enjoying the view without doing anything, If you have it on information screen you can see your speed all the way but if you go back to the camera screen you can't do anything except watch the road that is not recording, until you turn it off and start again for another 5 -10 minutes of recording.

RAVman

RAVmanasked

Received a Kapture KTP-890 for Christmas. Installed this morning (27 Dec.) and struggling to understand what it is intended to do at start-up. I have downloaded the KTP-890 App into my phone and also my iPad. When I turn the ignition on, the device does nothing. I cannot connect the App because the WiFi is off. I have discovered that I must turn the unit AND THE WiFi 'On' (in that order) before I can do anything EVERY TIME I START THE CAR. Now for the question ... is this by design or do I have a lemon?

Lance01

Lance01asked

My Kapture KPT 900 after barely 12 hours of total use and working perfectly...now will NOT turn on. I have tried it in my two cars, on my home PC and on my laptop, checked and double checked the on/off slide switch and tried three separate leads... all to no avail, it still will NOT turn on.
    VERY, VERY disappointed.

Lance01

Lance01asked

The cam has worked well the few times that I have used it. A bit light in the colour balance but still perfectly acceptable resolution. I've had it for a bit over two years but over that time and because I have two other cheaper dash-cams, I have only used it for a total of 10 to 12 weeks when I've gone on holidays. (where the unit is plugged in and turns on automatically with the ignition). At all other times it just sits on a shelf and not used.
    I have just been on another driving and video-ing holiday to West Australia, with three dash-cams in my ute and because I wanted to use the footage from the Kapture 900, I was very disappointed after being barely a few hours into my trip and checking the cam, only to discover that it hadn't even turned on.
    I immediately checked the lead, even tried another lead, made sure that the slide on/off switch was working and even plugged it in to my laptop but all to no avail, it would not and still WILL NOT turn on
    Even though I have had it for over two years, it HAS only been plugged in to my car socket,.. and therefore turned on,....for a maximum of 12 weeks so it certainly has not been dropped,.. 'worn out' or over used,...especially when at all other times, it sits on a shelf. Suddenly for no apparent reason, it now refuses to switch on and that severely restricted my holiday video plans..... NOT happy JAN.!!

Get an answer from our members and Kapture representatives