Aptamil Feed Thickener

Aptamil Feed Thickener

3.1

• Breastfed Child Yes (17%) · No (83%)
  • Easy to PrepareYes (92%) · No (8%)
  • Caused Unease / Sickness Yes (67%) · No (33%)
Mara A.

Mara A.Perth, WA

Caused wattery diarrhoea and still caused reflux. Don't buy it.

Purchased in June 2020 at Chemist Warehouse Physical Store for A$27.00.

Jay V.

Jay V.Greater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Not for my baby

Started using this with high hopes as the Aptamil reflux formula worked well for my bub, except he reacted badly with violent diarrhea so we had to take him off it. Started using the thickener instead with a different formula, and again immediately it gave my bub diarrhea. But this time accompanied by stomach cramping and it didn’t even stop him from spewing, it just came up thicker.

Purchased in June 2020 at Chemist Warehouse for A$16.69.

Danielle P.

Danielle P.Southwest, VIC

Buy the already thickened formula

Instead of using the thickener I actually bought aptimal gold already thickened formula as the thickener additive was just not working for my little one, would cry in pain especially over night after a weeks use, so I switched to the formula already thickened and it has been fantastic, I'm angry they have changed the product now though as it's less feed ratio. MY little one is still hungry afterwards. I can't get my hands on the old tins, she is 8 months old trust them to change it before she finishes with formula.

Purchased in December 2019 at Coles Supermarkets for A$27.00.

amyt

amytPerth, WA

unfortunately not for every baby

We used this for our lactose intolerant baby to help with reflux. I initially thought it helped, but after 3-4 days have him horrendous explosive painful diarrhoea. He was in so much pain we had to stop. Worked for his reflux though, just not for his little belly.

Purchased in April 2020 at Chemist Warehouse for A$24.99.

Huge difference!

Huge difference! Nothing has helped my daughters reflux as well as this product! The first day we tried it after a couple of bottles at the full dosage suggestion she did seem to have tummy pains and colicky symptoms so going forward we reduced her dose to 3/4 the recommended amount and no issues since!

Purchased in March 2020 at Chemist Warehouse for A$15.00.

May.W

May.WSouth East Queensland, QLD

RECOMMEND - Remember products are trial and error

Purchased in July 2019 at Chemist Warehouse Online Store for A$16.00.

Hi May,
Thanks for the nice review. This product also works well with breastfed babies with reflux. Cheers Sue Careline Nutritionist.

sammi56

sammi56australia

Avoid this product!

Got this for my baby thinking it would help him feel more full and help with up chuck's.
Was I wrong! My 3 week old son and I haven't slept for the last two nights because he's had violent diarrhoea, I had to watch my poor baby shaking in pain and crying non stop. He wouldn't even take anymore bottles, he got so sick. He also now has a very raw bum with sores and screams every time I've got to clean him. Upon reading the ingredients it's ridiculous how much sugar is actually in this product! Way too much for any baby to be having. This horrible concoction should be pulled from shelves so no more babies suffer what my poor baby has gone through.

Purchased in October 2019.

Easy to PrepareNo
Nutricia Careline T.Aptamil
Wendy A

Wendy ASouth East Queensland, QLD

This should come with a warning!!

Purchased in October 2019 at Malouf Pharmacies.

Breastfed Child Yes
Nutricia CarelineAptamil

Hi Wendy, I'm sorry that this product didn't suit your baby. There could be a number of reasons why so please give us a call so we can have a chat to help you better. The number for our Careline is 1800 438 500. Kind regards, Hilary Reg.Nutritionist

Charlotte

CharlotteMid North Coast, NSW

Did not help at all

Done nothing with my 5 month old. No change what so ever. Still brings up milk after each feed. Used the recommended amount and nothing. Very disappointed I paid $18 for this.

Purchased in September 2019 at Chemist Warehouse for A$18.00.

Nutricia Careline T.Aptamil

Seza21

Seza21Victoria

Wish I purchased sooner

My baby was vomiting after every single feed, till our MCHN recommended we add this to her formula. Noticed a MASSIVE difference from the very first feed with it. My baby girl is even happier then before and sooo much more content and even sleeping better. Can’t recommend this product enough!

Purchased in August 2019 at Chemist Warehouse for A$16.69.

Caused Unease / Sickness No

Did the job, but caused more issues

Bub required thickener due to formulas being too thin, causing her to choke constantly. The thickener worked in that it thickened the formula, but made her extremely constipated and windy. After many days and nights of bub screaming from wind & constipation pain we stopped using it and saw loads of improvement.

Purchased in June 2019 at Chemist Warehouse.

Skye A

Skye A

Not worth it.

We bought this to help with my son's bad reflux, it worked for about a week then started causing more issues. We only used 1/3 of a scoop per 100ml, just to ease it into his diet, but started causing bad tummy gas and diarrhea. He was screaming in pain from his tummy troubles. As soon as we stopped the thickener, he was back to normal the next day. I'd rather reflux than a baby in pain. The ingredients just don't suit an infant diet.

Purchased in June 2019 at Drugscreen for A$18.00.

Breastfed Child Yes
Tanneile

TanneileGoulburn Valley, VIC

Amazing

Bubs was always bringing up his milk, so I tried the feed thickener and added it into his milk, it started thickening his bottles straight away, and now he's not bringing up any more milk, my bubs isn't fussed by the thickener at all, its odorless and tasteless

Purchased in January 2019.

Swani

SwaniSydney

Not worth it

My bub has mild reflux and after trying almost everything my GP suggested adding thickener to the formula. I bought this one and has helped a bit with his reflux BUT it gave him occasional thick vomit, significant intake reduction and diarrhea. It also has too much sugar in it. I don't recommend it at all.

Terri

TerriGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Really helped with baby reflux

This really helped us with my baby’s reflux, helped keep the milk down. My baby didn’t mind it at all, easy to use. Price was good too! Availability of the product was also good as some thickness can be hard to find! Product stayed fresh and lasted quite a while.

Emm

EmmAdel

Substandard product

Gemma S

Gemma SAU

Has worked wonders

Has worked wonders for my son. We’re on 1.5 scoops per 100mls due to aspirating feeds. He has stopped vomiting and it has helped his reflux. He has come on so much since we started using the thickener and is now gaining weight well. All in all a more happy comfortable feeder. My only wish is that it came in a bigger tin as it doesn’t last us long for us. Also I use a stool softener every three days to keeps things flowing nicely as I did notice a couple of hard stools not long after using it.

ASN

ASNSydney

Omg it's like I have a completely different baby at 5wks old

Sam K

Sam KMelbourne, Vic

Not Worth Spending

We bought this as our baby had really bad reflux from Bellamy's infant formula. Its same price as you can buy full tin of formula. It was keep blocking the teat of feeding bottle. Our baby really struggle to drink milk out a feeding bottle & baby also got upset stomach. Will not recommend for sure.

Moochie000

Moochie000Melbourne

It was perfect until it JUST changed

This was amazing and working so well for my baby who has really bad reflux and is medicated. Since the formula has just CHANGED my baby has had non stop diarrhea. It’s our second can (so second week) please change it back. I’m not sure why you changed it ???