Aptamil Feed Thickener

Aptamil Feed Thickener

3.2

• Breastfed Child Yes (15%) · No (85%)
  • Easy to PrepareYes (93%) · No
  • Caused Unease / Sickness Yes (54%) · No (46%)
KMcN

KMcNNew South Wales

My baby can't do without it!!

My 8 month old needs this with every bottle or just vomits it up everything again. Its been very hard to find at the minute in NSW so I called the Nutricia care line and they were so helpful, a representative delivered a tin of thickener to my door within 2 hours of the phone call. Went above and beyond, thank you very much. 5 star for product and customer care!!!

Amazing

I noticed the difference after the first bottle.My baby was spitting up all the time now using Aptimal feed thickener with Nan comfort 1 formula and very minimal spit up. It is very easy to prepare. Make bottle with nan as usual and add one scoop of Aptimal feed thickener and shake. After reading reviews I stirred bottles free from bubbles first because if I don’t my bib gets wind. I’m wondering though how long I need to use the feed thickener for.

Purchased in September 2020 at Chemist Outlet for A$17.00.

Mara A.

Mara A.Perth, WA

Caused wattery diarrhoea and still caused reflux. Don't buy it.

Purchased in June 2020 at Chemist Warehouse Physical Store for A$27.00.

Baby Formulas

Find out how Aptamil Feed Thickener compares to other Baby Formulas

Jay V.

Jay V.Greater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Not for my baby

Started using this with high hopes as the Aptamil reflux formula worked well for my bub, except he reacted badly with violent diarrhea so we had to take him off it. Started using the thickener instead with a different formula, and again immediately it gave my bub diarrhea. But this time accompanied by stomach cramping and it didn’t even stop him from spewing, it just came up thicker.

Purchased in June 2020 at Chemist Warehouse for A$16.69.

Danielle P.

Danielle P.Southwest, VIC

Buy the already thickened formula

Instead of using the thickener I actually bought aptimal gold already thickened formula as the thickener additive was just not working for my little one, would cry in pain especially over night after a weeks use, so I switched to the formula already thickened and it has been fantastic, I'm angry they have changed the product now though as it's less feed ratio. MY little one is still hungry afterwards. I can't get my hands on the old tins, she is 8 months old trust them to change it before she finishes with formula.

Purchased in December 2019 at Coles Supermarkets for A$27.00.

amyt

amytPerth, WA

unfortunately not for every baby

We used this for our lactose intolerant baby to help with reflux. I initially thought it helped, but after 3-4 days have him horrendous explosive painful diarrhoea. He was in so much pain we had to stop. Worked for his reflux though, just not for his little belly.

Purchased in April 2020 at Chemist Warehouse for A$24.99.

Huge difference!

Huge difference! Nothing has helped my daughters reflux as well as this product! The first day we tried it after a couple of bottles at the full dosage suggestion she did seem to have tummy pains and colicky symptoms so going forward we reduced her dose to 3/4 the recommended amount and no issues since!

Purchased in March 2020 at Chemist Warehouse for A$15.00.

May.W

May.WSouth East Queensland, QLD

RECOMMEND - Remember products are trial and error

Purchased in July 2019 at Chemist Warehouse Online Store for A$16.00.

Hi May,
Thanks for the nice review. This product also works well with breastfed babies with reflux. Cheers Sue Careline Nutritionist.

Wendy A

Wendy ASouth East Queensland, QLD

This should come with a warning!!

Purchased in October 2019 at Malouf Pharmacies.

Breastfed Child Yes
Nutricia CarelineAptamil

Hi Wendy, I'm sorry that this product didn't suit your baby. There could be a number of reasons why so please give us a call so we can have a chat to help you better. The number for our Careline is 1800 438 500. Kind regards, Hilary Reg.Nutritionist

Baby Formulas

Find out how Aptamil Feed Thickener compares to other Baby Formulas

Charlotte

CharlotteMid North Coast, NSW

Did not help at all

Done nothing with my 5 month old. No change what so ever. Still brings up milk after each feed. Used the recommended amount and nothing. Very disappointed I paid $18 for this.

Purchased in September 2019 at Chemist Warehouse for A$18.00.

Nutricia Careline T.Aptamil
Seza21

Seza21Victoria

Wish I purchased sooner

My baby was vomiting after every single feed, till our MCHN recommended we add this to her formula. Noticed a MASSIVE difference from the very first feed with it. My baby girl is even happier then before and sooo much more content and even sleeping better. Can’t recommend this product enough!

Purchased in August 2019 at Chemist Warehouse for A$16.69.

Caused Unease / Sickness No

Did the job, but caused more issues

Bub required thickener due to formulas being too thin, causing her to choke constantly. The thickener worked in that it thickened the formula, but made her extremely constipated and windy. After many days and nights of bub screaming from wind & constipation pain we stopped using it and saw loads of improvement.

Purchased in June 2019 at Chemist Warehouse.

Skye A

Skye A

Not worth it.

We bought this to help with my son's bad reflux, it worked for about a week then started causing more issues. We only used 1/3 of a scoop per 100ml, just to ease it into his diet, but started causing bad tummy gas and diarrhea. He was screaming in pain from his tummy troubles. As soon as we stopped the thickener, he was back to normal the next day. I'd rather reflux than a baby in pain. The ingredients just don't suit an infant diet.

Purchased in June 2019 at Drugscreen for A$18.00.

Breastfed Child Yes
See all Aptamil Feed Thickener reviews

emma

emmaasked

Hi my 16 month old has dysphagia and we have been using this product for thickening her milk for a year. Now she takes water as well can we use this product to thicken her water drinks to the same consistency? She cant tolerate thin liquids

Nutricia CarelineAptamil

Hi Emma, we would recommend that you give us a call on our Careline to discuss the specific needs of your daughter. You can ring us on 1800 438 500. We look forward to hearing from you soon! - Amanda

Katie
Katie

My 8 week old soon is using this product for reflux, but has become constipated, how can I stop that from happening ?

Nutricia CarelineAptamil

Hi Katie, we would recommend that you give us a call on our Careline to discuss the specific needs of your baby. We require a bit more information such as how much feed thickener you are using and which formula you are mixing it with, to make a recommendation. You can contact us on 1800 438 500, or live chat us at www.aptanutrition.com.au. We look forward to hearing from you soon! - Amanda, Nutricia Careline.

Lana

Lanaasked

How many times a day can I put thickener in his bottle?

Nutricia CarelineAptamil

Hi Lana, You can use the Aptamil Feed Thickener in every bottle to help control baby's reflux. Cheers Sue Careline Nutritionist.

Ram

Ramasked

hi team, just after 24 hours of feed our little man is not pooing at all, which he used to 2-3 times before. Is it common?
We used only on the expressed breast milk.

Cheers
Ram

Nutricia CarelineAptamil

Hi Ram, thank you for getting in touch. This can be normal. However, could I suggest you give the Careline a call so that we can ask a few more questions please? Warm regards - Lucie Careline Midwife 1800 438 500

Get an answer from our members and Aptamil representatives