Aptamil Feed Thickener

Aptamil Feed Thickener

2.0

• Breastfed Child Yes (25%) · No (75%)
  • Easy to PrepareYes (88%) · No (13%)
  • Caused Unease / Sickness Yes (57%) · No
Mara A.

Mara A.Perth, WA

Caused wattery diarrhoea and still caused reflux. Don't buy it.

Purchased in June 2020 at Chemist Warehouse Physical Store for A$27.00.

Jay V.

Jay V.Greater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Not for my baby

Started using this with high hopes as the Aptamil reflux formula worked well for my bub, except he reacted badly with violent diarrhea so we had to take him off it. Started using the thickener instead with a different formula, and again immediately it gave my bub diarrhea. But this time accompanied by stomach cramping and it didn’t even stop him from spewing, it just came up thicker.

Purchased in June 2020 at Chemist Warehouse for A$16.69.

Danielle P.

Danielle P.Southwest, VIC

Buy the already thickened formula

Instead of using the thickener I actually bought aptimal gold already thickened formula as the thickener additive was just not working for my little one, would cry in pain especially over night after a weeks use, so I switched to the formula already thickened and it has been fantastic, I'm angry they have changed the product now though as it's less feed ratio. MY little one is still hungry afterwards. I can't get my hands on the old tins, she is 8 months old trust them to change it before she finishes with formula.

Purchased in December 2019 at Coles Supermarkets for A$27.00.

Baby Formulas

Find out how Aptamil Feed Thickener compares to other Baby Formulas

amyt

amytPerth, WA

unfortunately not for every baby

We used this for our lactose intolerant baby to help with reflux. I initially thought it helped, but after 3-4 days have him horrendous explosive painful diarrhoea. He was in so much pain we had to stop. Worked for his reflux though, just not for his little belly.

Purchased in April 2020 at Chemist Warehouse for A$24.99.

sammi56

sammi56australia

Avoid this product!

Got this for my baby thinking it would help him feel more full and help with up chuck's.
Was I wrong! My 3 week old son and I haven't slept for the last two nights because he's had violent diarrhoea, I had to watch my poor baby shaking in pain and crying non stop. He wouldn't even take anymore bottles, he got so sick. He also now has a very raw bum with sores and screams every time I've got to clean him. Upon reading the ingredients it's ridiculous how much sugar is actually in this product! Way too much for any baby to be having. This horrible concoction should be pulled from shelves so no more babies suffer what my poor baby has gone through.

Purchased in October 2019.

Easy to PrepareNo
Nutricia Careline T.Aptamil
Wendy A

Wendy ASouth East Queensland, QLD

This should come with a warning!!

Purchased in October 2019 at Malouf Pharmacies.

Breastfed Child Yes
Nutricia CarelineAptamil

Hi Wendy, I'm sorry that this product didn't suit your baby. There could be a number of reasons why so please give us a call so we can have a chat to help you better. The number for our Careline is 1800 438 500. Kind regards, Hilary Reg.Nutritionist

Did the job, but caused more issues

Bub required thickener due to formulas being too thin, causing her to choke constantly. The thickener worked in that it thickened the formula, but made her extremely constipated and windy. After many days and nights of bub screaming from wind & constipation pain we stopped using it and saw loads of improvement.

Purchased in June 2019 at Chemist Warehouse.

Skye A

Skye A

Not worth it.

We bought this to help with my son's bad reflux, it worked for about a week then started causing more issues. We only used 1/3 of a scoop per 100ml, just to ease it into his diet, but started causing bad tummy gas and diarrhea. He was screaming in pain from his tummy troubles. As soon as we stopped the thickener, he was back to normal the next day. I'd rather reflux than a baby in pain. The ingredients just don't suit an infant diet.

Purchased in June 2019 at Drugscreen for A$18.00.

Breastfed Child Yes
See all Aptamil Feed Thickener reviews

emma

emmaasked

Hi my 16 month old has dysphagia and we have been using this product for thickening her milk for a year. Now she takes water as well can we use this product to thicken her water drinks to the same consistency? She cant tolerate thin liquids

Nutricia CarelineAptamil

Hi Emma, we would recommend that you give us a call on our Careline to discuss the specific needs of your daughter. You can ring us on 1800 438 500. We look forward to hearing from you soon! - Amanda

Katie
Katie

My 8 week old soon is using this product for reflux, but has become constipated, how can I stop that from happening ?

Nutricia CarelineAptamil

Hi Katie, we would recommend that you give us a call on our Careline to discuss the specific needs of your baby. We require a bit more information such as how much feed thickener you are using and which formula you are mixing it with, to make a recommendation. You can contact us on 1800 438 500, or live chat us at www.aptanutrition.com.au. We look forward to hearing from you soon! - Amanda, Nutricia Careline.

Lana

Lanaasked

How many times a day can I put thickener in his bottle?

Nutricia CarelineAptamil

Hi Lana, You can use the Aptamil Feed Thickener in every bottle to help control baby's reflux. Cheers Sue Careline Nutritionist.

Ram

Ramasked

hi team, just after 24 hours of feed our little man is not pooing at all, which he used to 2-3 times before. Is it common?
We used only on the expressed breast milk.

Cheers
Ram

Nutricia CarelineAptamil

Hi Ram, thank you for getting in touch. This can be normal. However, could I suggest you give the Careline a call so that we can ask a few more questions please? Warm regards - Lucie Careline Midwife 1800 438 500

Get an answer from our members and Aptamil representatives