21Karicare Goat

82% · 12616 · 10%

MJay
MJay

Great formula!

I had to suppliment feed from 6 weeks. Due to concerns of passing on my allergies I started with this forma & it has been great. My LO loves it & we have had little problems with tummy or reflux. When we had difficulty getting it, we had to get a different brand purely goat milk based formula in the interum which he did not respond to as well & was happy to go back to the Karicare Goat.

BECJONES2468
BECJONES2468Sydney3 posts

Godsend

After not being able to breastfeed my daughter the hospital gave us formula as a top up for her. The formula was horrible An gave her pain An she would scream for hours in discomfort And bring it up. After switching to this formula she was fine after one bottle , no tears , no being sick , no pain. Would reccomend it to all babies.

Easy to prepare one scoop per 50ml. They sell it in Coles so we don't have to worry if we run out late at night.

Only down fall is that it's pricey at $33 a container which last about a week.(she's upto 150ml per feed. 4x a day )

Mike
MikeSydney9 posts
  Verified 3
Tashamaree90
Tashamaree905 posts

Helped my bubs sensitive tummy and painful constipation

My Bub has a sensitive tummy so after trying 4 different cows milk formulas with constant constipation and when she did go her poo was watery and green, a pharmacist suggested this. Within in a couple days she has started pooing normal and no longer seems in pain. Would highly recommend would of gave 5 stars but only problem is it's made her reflux a bit worse and it is quite expensive

sandra
sandrahelensburgh nsw
Dimitri
DimitriMetropolitan Adelaide, SA56 posts

Happy Babies

We used this formula for our first child, as we were having problems with other formula, as it was upsetting our daughters stomach. When we switched to this product, she had no further stomach issues. Now we have twins, and we decided to use this product for them, and they have been fine using this product. No side effects. The twins love this milk product.

Saskia
Saskia

We loved this formula!

Our second DD suffered from reflux and terrible eczema. We changed formulas so many times, including using the script based formula from the paediatrician which did not help. Finally I just thought I'd give the goat a go and it was the best thing I did. The eczema cleared up, as did the reflux. We used the Karicare goat from 3 mths 'til she was 1. Best thing we did.

Paige
Paige2 posts

All our babies love it!

Super easy to prepare, scoop always on top. This was recommended to me as I was weaning my daughter from the breast before I returned to work. My research indicated it was the closest available thing to breast milk so we gave it a go. They love it and it's easy to prepare with each scoop being for 50ml water - much easier for the grandies or babysitter to work out too! My son's eczema seemed better whilst on this too.

Linda MK
Linda MKWestern sydney30 posts
Kmumma
Kmumma2 posts

Excellent product

More like breastmilk than any other brand. It Mixes better, smells better and our twins are more settled on the goats milk. Less gassy and no more constipation, its the only formula that has been ok for our babies!! Only downside is the price, makes feeding twins very expensive. .

Show reply

Lil
LilCentral Queensland, QLD2 posts

Life saver!!

I tried my baby on other formulas and he either got constipated or his belly would literally gurgle as he was drinking his bottles. Was recommended goat milk formula and have not looked back since. I would've given it 5 stars but he does seem to have trouble pooing sometimes, but I wouldn't say he was constipated.

ashley
ashley4 posts

Not So Sure Yet

we are week one on goats milk after trying soy and cows milk formula, her poos are alot more runny which is good because she was constipated on the others, she is vomiting more and they stink sooo bad she is also farting alot and very gassy!!!, at 4.5 months old i give her 120 ml feeds and she dosnt seem so sick.. ill have to go back to really burping her and see if it drops the vomiting.. if not we are off to the drs.. bummer its so expensive i was in shock at the price afte i have been through so many diffrent formulas and waisted so much money. cant wait till i dont have to use formula anymore

Jolandie
JolandieWestern Australia2 posts

great product!

Great for constipation, refulx and colic. I did not even have to wean my baby onto this product, it was an instant improvement and he loves it! It is a thinner powder so mixes well with warm boiled water (little lumpy if water is cold) can not recommend this enough!

Deb
DebSydney, NSW7 posts

Not so competitive and not the one for my bub

After I tried Aptamil profutura, I made the decision of trying this. It is a bit better than Aptamil, DS doesn't vomit the whole meal out but he still vomits few hours after feed. It dissolves well but I compare it to other brands, A2 Aptamil, Karicare Gold, S26 Gold, Heniz and Mamia, it doesn't have DHA ARA omega3,6 prebiotic etc. I expect more with its price tag of $30ish. One more thing, it makes my bub more gassy than when he was on Aptamil profutura.

Mammab
Mammab

Bitter thin frothy mix!

This is terrible. My baby was on a different brand of goats milk and couldn't find it in the shop so had to go with this one and I would not recommend. My baby was vomiting and very very gassy after a feed! And her stomach would make popping noises,very odd! Will go back to the normal one I use.

Kelly F
Kelly F2 posts

Projectile vomited every feed

One of my twins has built up an intolerance to regular formula. We tried goat formula recommend by friends saying it's gentle on their stomach however right from the first bottle, she projectile vomited, arched her back in pain and screamed. I gave her 4 bottles all up and wore everyone of them she was worse on this one then the regular formula. I couldn't handle seeing her in pain we've still not found the right formula for her but it certainly isn't this one.

Ali
AliSydney, NSW4 posts

Excellent product

I read these reviews like crazy when I was a first time mother (which was very much the wrong thing to do) simply because EVERY CHILD IS DIFFERENT! But after going through 5 or 6 different formulas, due to severe constipation and generally bad days karicare goat was amazing for my baby. I recommend this to everyone. It's expensive but worth it.

Gerry
GerrySydney, NSW32 posts

Worked for us

Could be chance affect but our new born had wind pain daily. We couldn't breast feed him as he is and IVF/ceaser baby and my wife didn't produce enough milk. Since transitioning bad colicy days have gone down from every 2nd day to once a week. Ensure you burp them as mine downs it with gusto compared to generic formula and will projectile vomit with out burping.

Emma
Emma

Excellent for constipation

My son screamed after every formula feed once I moved from breast to formula. I was told by a friend that I should switch until i found the right one for my baby. I went through cows and organics... All up around 5 brands until I tried this one that worked. Gentle on my baby's stomach. Cheaper generally at Coles than woollies.

Show reply

lady_luck
lady_luckGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC13 posts
Aurora79
Aurora79Perth33 posts

Disaster

My baby screamed the whole time with pain while on this formula and it caused smelly, projectile vomits. Absolute disaster. Never seen anything like it. Absolutely do not recommend.

lilyntillymum
PesteKatikati9 posts

Eliza Park
Eliza ParkHobart2 posts

Changes to Karicare Goat Milk Formula

We have been really happy with this formula. I have a daughter that is lactose sensitive so this has been a life saver. We tried S26 lactose free however she wouldn't drink it after a breast feed and it produced toxic smelling faeces (can't be a good sign). Karicare have recently changed the recipe of their goat milk formula. Not that this has been advertised on the product. We noticed that the formula appeared different in colour and didn't dissolve as well as previously. We also started to see a change in our daughters faeces for the worse, not better. If Karicare read any of these reviews, can you please change back to the original formula!!
Excellent for lactose sensitve babies
Can be difficult to source, expensive
shocked mum
shocked mumAU

beware of allergy

baby tried on goat milk number 2 at 8 mths. face n eyes covered with red patches, unable to sleep due to stomuch pain n wind , waking up every 1 hr at night. such a disaster. will recommend to try with very small amount n see any reaction if you not sure. a product that can be good for some, but not for all

MummaStace
MummaStacePerth, WA10 posts

Great if you can find it!

Once I gave up breast feeding, I had a bit of trouble finding a formula that suited my daughter. After reading a number of reviews I decided to try Karicare Goats forumla. After searching high and low, I finally found it at a Chemist (I think Chemmart?) Within the first few feeds my daughter seemed more settled and her bowel movements stopped being dark green and had a thicker consistency. I kept her on this for two weeks but ended up using Karicare Original (Yellow tin, Blue lid) as the Goats formula was really hard to find and more expensive. I also found my daughter was hungry more often on Goats.
Seemed easier on digestive system.
Expensive, Hard to Find, Not filling
Kevin2020
Kevin2020Greater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC3 posts

Contains Cow Milk

Pretty sure this one contains cow milk so if your baby has a lactose intolerance you may want to check the ingredients first before buying.

We tried it and it made our 4 month old throw up straight away, should have read the label first I know but naturally assumed it did not have lactose.
Easy availibilty in coles/woolies
Contains cow milk

flame.gisa
flame.gisa
kimbarlee
kimbarleePerth, WA48 posts

Saved the day

When I weaned my son to formula at 7 months he had terrible poos up to 8 times a day. We switched to lactose free but saw no improvement. Then we tried this. Within two days he was all better. We have also since stopped wheat and dairy and had a huge improvement in his eczema and nasal congestion.

This formula is easy to mix and must taste ok. It doesn't have much of a smell but when it comes back up it smells very strong. Hence his new name, Goat Boy :)

Unfortunately karicare are having supply issues with goats milk so it can be hard to get.
Easy to mix. Solved our problem.
Supply issues. Expensive.

Tiddles82
Tiddles82PERTH2 posts
tuffnellfamily
tuffnellfamilybrisbane
naomi gostner
naomi gostneripswich, qld

better for baby

I have been using Karicare Goat formula for my son since he was 4 months old. i stopped breast feeding at 3 months and my son had developed Excema from regular formulas. It is a little more expensive than regluar formulas but well worth it, and much healthier than other choices too..

my son is now 19 month oold, and still having Karicare goat, he loves it. I find it has little to no smell compared to other formulas on the market, and mixes into water easier than others too. well recomended.
healthier choice, little to no smell, mixes in easier.
occasionally hard to find, due to fast sell out at supermarkets

MrsNM
MrsNMAU19 posts
melaaa
melaaa50 posts

awesome my daughter has had it from 1 week old and have not looked back she sleeps 9-11 hours a night since been on this formula, many of the mothers in my mothers group complain their formula constipates their children or causes reflux.

this formula is well worth the money at $30.50 a can as I have had not problems with losing sleep over belly upsets, refulx or constipation and being a new mother having a happy sleeping child is the best result.
everything also doesn't smell terrible when you open the tin
hard to get the from Birth have to get it ordered

TLG
TLGAU
pinkfirefly
pinkfireflyAU3 posts

Wish I start my son on this from birth

My son used to have several problems so I took him to the paediatrician, he reckon my son doesn't have cow milk/lactose intolerance, he said goat milk formula is expensive and its not necessary to change him to goat milk. I'm glad I didn't listen to him, I'm willing to try everything that is good for my son, my son used to have wheezing noise when he breath and since he start the goat milk its gone :), constipation is gone, no more sore stomach and no more reflexes (he used to spew a lot).

It really worth a try!
Great formula, easy to digest, doesn't smell, stopped several problems my son had. I wish I know about goat milk formula from day one.
Very expensive