7Karicare Soy

maerrieACT, 290217 posts

JakLeo
JakLeoAU

Great for Acid Reflux

Peadeatrician recommended after having our 1st born on S26 and him being diagnosed with acid reflux. A thicker formula and filling for babs. Still vomited but not as much, he seemed to settle easier and the he wasn't in any pain with this formula. Best switch we made. Saw results within a week.
Thicker
On the expensive side, not everywhere stocks it.
Jme
JmeAU43 posts

Good alternative for babies with dairy allergy

We started on this after first using prescription formula once my baby was diagnosed with dairy allergy. Unfortunately this is probably only one of two choices readily available in the supermarket for soy formula.

You do get lumps when you make it though so have to make sure you shake it properly.

It does smell different but I suppose there isn't much choice out there.

I think it is reasonably priced depending on where you buy it. Also not all supermarkets stock the product.
Good for babies with dairy allergy
Can be lumpy

Krystle
Krystle3 posts

OK

My son has a dairy allergy and soy formula was recommended by the doctor. He has been much more settled on this soy formula. I am satisfied enough with the formula to continue using Karicare. Although there is not much choice for soy formulas available.
Easily available from all major supermarkets and chemists. The scraper on the top of the tin is very handy to level out scoops. I think the price is fairly reasonable for a speciality product.
Very lumpy formula. It doesn't mix easily and takes more time and shaking than any other formula I have used. The smell is not the greatest but I was expecting that being a soy product.
baztrac8
baztrac8NSW, 225011 posts

I cant say anything bad as this formula was our saving grace during the time when our daughter had a very bad allergy/intolerance. We now have a healthy happy girl who has no allergies at all.
Fantastic for a suspected dairy allergy/intolerance. Recommended by paediatrition. Once we started it we never looked back. Lip on tin for levelling scoops is great. Even aniti-formula midwife said this was one of the best brands for baby
Stinks a bit
amygrant
amygrant104 posts

It is very easy to make up and the tin is very easy to use. There are clear instructions for how to make up the formula, and they have improved the scoop to help with easier preparations.
When your child is allergic to dairy, this is a fantastic alternative.
The smell, it smells very bad and is even worse if you forget to rinse it after your baby finishes it. Unlike the regular formula, this one doesn't have individual sachets, which is a pain if your child isn't using it very often. Also it is a very expensive product.
lllbooyaalll