Karmin G3 Salon Pro Hair Styling Iron

Karmin G3 Salon Pro Hair Styling Iron

Decent...

It's a decent flat iron, but within 6 months the ceramic plates started to lock up (get stuck pushed in), which causes my hair to gets snagged in the plates causing breakage to my hair. I have to constantly fix it. I thought this was gonna be better than the CHI, but unfortunately it doesn't match up. I do like the width of the plates compared to the CHI though.

Still learning about it.

I am still getting used to it; I have had the same straightener for a number of years. It's very easy to use and heats up fast. I have noticed some snagging and some frizz although I only heat it to about 250 for my fine hair.

Works great at the beginning

At first I was impressed on the quality of the iron. It heated really quick and worked amazing. After having it for 5 months it stopped heating up. I was able to get it replaced at no additional charge to me since I hadn't owned it for 6 months. Now 3 months after the same thing happened. It just stopped working. I am very disappointed. I would not recommend it to any professional. It's an inconvenience to be replacing that often.

Hair Stylers

Find out how Karmin G3 Salon Pro Hair Styling Iron compares to other Hair Stylers

Heats too slowly

I read a lot of great reviews for the Karmin G3 so I ordered it. It arrived within a few days and it looked very sleek and stylish, however it took a lot longer to heat up than my old styling iron and did not seem to get as hot or stay hot after straightening a strand of hair. Not as impressed as I thought I would be and wound up sending it back for a refund.

Good flatiron

I have always wanted a flat iron for my unruly curly hair. The Karmin is a good flat iron. It leaves my hair super straight and silky soft. It only takes two passes over the piece of hair to get it completely straight. I am satisfied with the Karmin flat iron. It is worth buying it.

it is good

I like my Karmin G3 Salon Pro because it has a fashionable presentation. But the problem is that it does not iron your hair perfectly. I use to iron my hair and in few minutes it is kind of curly again. I can not say that is completely useless but it could be better.

See all Karmin G3 Salon Pro Hair Styling Iron reviews

EnReVal

EnReValasked

Hi I ordered the Pro Series on on 3/26 and have not received my product. I have been sending emails to cs@karmin.ca and have been given the run around about the status update. A FedEx tracking was created but FedEx said Karmin has not sent them the product and it's been over 2 weeks. Where is my product so I can cancel and send it back or credit my credit card. Am afraid I might be given a fake address to send it back

Karmin
KarminKarmin

Hello EnReval, I hope you're doing well. Can you let me know your order number so I can check this for you. Thank you.

Marlin

Marlinasked

Hi, I am looking to replace my current straightener (a GHD). After 3 years it has become much weaker and I am no longer satisfied with the way my hair looks after I straighten it no matter how long I spend doing it. I have really thick, curly hair and was looking for something that would work well for my hair. I also straighten my hair every week and was looking for something that wouldn't damage it too much. Is there a specific hair straightener that you think may work best for me ? Also wondering what the material of the plates are and if you guys do any student discounts at all? Thanks, Marlin

KathC
KathC

Don't buy Karmin I'm sure the reviews are fake. I had a GHD for 20 years and changed , BAD idea!

Linda

Lindaasked

Hi,
Where can I buy one? I live in Melbourne Australia.
Thanks.

Muaus
Muaus

I would like to know where as well :(

Lindsy Ketola
Lindsy Ketola

eBay or amazon

See all Karmin G3 Salon Pro Hair Styling Iron questions

Get an answer from our members and Karmin representatives

With its impressive 4.7-star rating, the Karmin G3 Salon Pro Hair Styling Iron is one of the best hair straighteners and is reasonably priced at $149.95.

This hair straightener’s plate material is made of a combination of ceramic coating – suitable for fine hair, and titanium - which is good for managing frizz in thick hair and also allows plates to heat up quickly.

What reviewers loved about this hair straightener:

• Heats up quickly
  • It was effective at straightening thick, curly hair
  • Didn’t burn hair like some other straighteners, and left it feeling soft and smooth instead
  • The longevity of this Karmin straightener was highly valued, as many reviewers bought it several years ago and it's still going strong.
CategoryHair Straighteners and Hair Stylers