Kawasaki KVF300

Kawasaki KVF300

Great for my needs

I've had my KVF300 for almost a year now and I'm very happy. I chose this over other ATVs due to the good price and the CVT transmission which makes it simple to ride even for a non-motor bike rider such as myself. I mostly use it for weed spraying, towing a small trailer loads of firewood and the occasional joy ride. My block is mostly flat but it gets quite rough in places but the bike soaks up the bumps nicely and is very sure footed and easy to manoeuvre, although the turning circle could be better. It has developed a few squeaks which weren't address at the first service with the dealer, and they've stuffed up the choke settings making it difficult to start from cold, but that's a dealer issue rather than a problem with the bike. Overall I've very happy - it was a great buy for a little work horse on a small country block.

Date PurchasedMar 2017

The all rounder for herding and spraying: 2x4.

This ATV was an easy choice. The combination of a CVT transmission and centrifugal clutch, which offers an easy control, plus an engine that is tuned for superior low-mid range performance and dual 180mm disc brakes with single-piston callipers and a 3 rd disc brake at the rear, made choosing easy. Also, the rear suspension has a swing-arm with 5-way adjustable pre-load. Wishbone suspension on front.
The transmission is 2-speed (low/high) automatic with reverse.
We use this quad mainly for herding our cattle and for boom/spot spraying.
This means that we are constantly in low gear that makes most other bikes overheat. However, the KVF300 is liquid cooled (high up and well protected) and after prolonged use you can hear the fan automatically switch on for extra cooling and thus save the machine.
The 300 engine is plenty for the work we do and because our land has little slope the 2x4 does just fine.
Just like it's bigger brothers this bike offers excellent handling. Great ability with cornering, very stable in a straight line, in short: overall control contributes to comfortable riding.
Good price; 2-speed low/high with auto reverse gear; liquid cooling with back-up fan.