Kawasaki Vulcan S

Kawasaki Vulcan S

See the Best Cruiser Bikes in 2021 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Brand Manager for Kawasaki? Register now and take advantage of ProductReview's Brand Management Platform!

• Mileage 10,000 km
  • Handling

jgb
jgb

2018 Vulcan S

Have had the bike for a couple of years now. It looks good (orange and black duco). Is reliable and a great transport for short distances. The only negatives are an uncomfortable seat and gearing is too low which means high revs at freeway speeds. On the whole, I am glad I bought it instead of the 883 Harley.

Sheepie
Sheepieasked

What's it like loaded up at 110kph? Is there still plenty of power for a quick overtake of someone holding you up or is the speed ramp-up a bit gradual?

Also, how many km's can you get out of a full tank on country roads? What's the range of the bike on a tank?

My old CBR600F4i I had in my early 20's probably could have done Sydney to Canberra but the most I ever risked the tank was 320km with the last 30-40 in Sydney with plenty of servo's around. I'd like to be able to do that trip with no stopping as I do in a car (Google Maps lists door to door as 340km).

TGT
TGT

Yep still has plenty of power to overtake over 100km. I get around 370-380km to a tank on country roads.

Shezzaasked

Hi, am thinking of buying a 2015 Vulcan 650 taken one for a test ride 1,500km on it. Seems to be quite vibrational & rough in the grips is thus normal?

DamoonTwo
DamoonTwo

Sorry for the delay in responding but I found the Vulcan to be quite smooth and the only time it felt a bit rough was when the bike was sitting at about 3k on the tacho. Apart from that I believe it is easily the best option in the LAMS cruiser class

Matt
Mattasked

Does anyone know for a fact if the ego fit adjustments on the vulcan are done for free or if there is a cost?

Benny
Benny

It's a cost you pay at the dealer. I'm 5ft11 and standard fit is perfect for me.

Shezza

Done for free they adjusted mind just to take it for a test ride. But seat you have to pay for.

Jason H
Jason H

Seems to be Free in the USA but in Australia you pay for a long or short reach seat same with the foot peg adjusting rod. But its not much and you keep the standard gear to sell with the bike.