Kayo Sports

Kayo Sports (page 2 of 15)

1.4

Andrew

AndrewGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

AFL is 45 seconds delayed!!!

They advertise live but 45 seconds delayed is not live . When I rang to discuss they acknowledged that it was indeed delayed but they thought this was ok. Have left based on this alone!

Jamesok

Jamesok

Very hard to unsubscribe, Beware

They have very misleading wording in the manage my account area and I thought I'd unsubscribed but they kept charging! Beware of these people's dishonest practices. I have now unsubscribed and am wiser but poorer.

Picture Quality

The picture quality is absolute rubbish. The bigger the TV the worse it gets. It's embarrassing asking mates over to watch an NRL game when it's almost not possible to recognise faces or read the numbers on the jerseys. The ACCC should investigate this as a rip off.

Pakistan super league Kayo Edition

They are streaming only selective games of a cricket tournament. That is unacceptable. That is ridiculous. Along side endless buffering they're only giving you a quarter of the action just to make sure you miss most of it.

Disgraceful

Disgraceful customer service.
Barely offer any content that can't be found on youtube and will not offer refunds when their product is found to be lacking and defective.
There has to be something better than thia

Eric

Eric

They stuff up at the worst possible times!!

They stuff up at the worst possible times!! Then when you decide to come back, you have to log on, using the remote!!! One month maybe all I put up with.

tateyjosh

tateyjoshGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Not good enough

Has the potential to be awesome, horrible lag/buffering throughout events even in standard definition with nbn100.
Unfortunately it's just not worth the price right now I may come back if they sort out the issues.

Kayo is Buffer City

Useless. It buffers about every minute you are watching something and is very expensive for such a poor quality streaming website. I tried to watch a Kayo mini for ages and it buffered every ten seconds. The match replay was slightly better, buffering about every minute. WTH.

Unethical business practices

My Main issue is there billing system they say no lock in contracts but have an auto renewel system I believed I cancelled my subscription and then noticed charges on my credit card when i asked for a refund they said it never cancelled boycott these clowns they operate online to avoid any responsibility there tune will change when I go to the ombudsman and ACCC.
The streaming service is average it lags a lot when trying to mirror to smart TV if I was able to give no star I would have and will be posting on all social media and anywhere else I can slander them because they are useless.

Dylan Lester

Dylan LesterGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Awful performance

Awful app. We have 100/40 FTTP.... yes! Fibre! and this app buffers and pauses every 15 seconds when streaming via chrome cast ultra (which is has an Ethernet connection) Dont waste your money

Happy

HappySydney Surrounds, NSW

Annoying, annoying, annoying.

We have a 1 year old TV, superfast broadband. Almost everytime we watch a big game it starts freezing. Had enough, won't be paying anymore for a terrible product. Get your act together Kayo.

Michael J.

Michael J.Greater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

save your money

inconsistent streaming quality and constantly drops out, necessitating that you go back to the homepage and find the stream you're after. KAYO own exclusive rights to a lot of content and perhaps this monopoly is to blame for sub-par quality.

Stewart

StewartSydney, NSW

Content is goo when you eventually find what you’re looking for... mobile app I’m forced to use is diabolically bad

I have the latest OLED LG TV but Kayo still don’t have an app for it so I was forced to buy a Chromecast Ultra dongle and cast Kayo from my iPhone or iPad. The mobile Kayo app is horrible...It’s difficult to find what I’m looking for. The layout is just terrible.

I’m holding out for an LG app hoping for a better experience but I’ll be cancelling if it doesn’t come along soon.

Jono

JonoSydney, NSW

Everything I want to watch, but unwatchable

Kayo has a great choice of sports and I have been a subscriber for a good 12 months now for the international cricket (NZ), rugby, league, football etc. The only issue is frequently the quality of the stream is horrible and you get a pause/buffer every 30 seconds or so. My home Internet is fast and every other stream works perfectly eg Disney Plus, Netflix. So irritating but I don’t have any other options as don’t want fixed Foxtel either so stuck paying for now. Disappointing.

Davo

Davo

Money taken from my account in error

Tried to get a refund on an amount taken from my account made in error but they wont listen to reason. They hide behind their terms and conditions and do not support common sense or good customer relations. Please be aware when dealing with this company that as a customer you mean nothing to them. They will happily take your money then after that you are on your own. Listen to your gut instincts and also read the other reviews on this site. Their product and customer relations are extremely poor!!

Harls

HarlsGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Decent content, terrible format

The content is passable, however the format is shocking. I watch it through telstra tv and foxtel hub on two different Tv's and it is slow to find things to watch because the stuff i like (and added to favourites) doesn't usually feature on my homepage. Instead sports i despise like cricket and soccer are on my homepage for some unknown reason. For the price this should not be the case. Also fast forward should be improved as its a guessing game when to stop. KAYO fix the format!

Unhappy

UnhappySouth West, WA

Ads and poor user interface

Very clunky navigation
Poor customer service
No aus open, other tennis is plagued with ads
Many programs don’t load
Many live programs just restart often not allowing you back to original stage of match grrrrrrr
Goes offline frequently,

Very Poor Streaming Service

Most of the times it is impossible to watch. Constant buffering, poor picture quality poor app user interface. Not much good to say realy. Optus sport, Netflix no such issues. Will cancel subscription.

Disgruntled subscriber

Disgruntled subscriberSouth-Eastern Region, NSW

Kayo Sports Could NOT be Considered a Service

Kayo sports provides their paying subscribers with the worst possible service. Live streaming sports spend whole broadcast buffering on nbn FTTP 100/25 service. Just trying to force Foxtel on you.

The quality of streaming is perfect BUT ONLY IF THE APP WORKS.

The quality of streaming is perfect BUT ONLY IF THE APP WORKS.
On high speed internet as well the video does not load and keeps buffering. Very disappointed with Kayo. Wont use now

andrew

andrewasked

where do I find these muppets contact number

PantherPie
PantherPie

Doesn't look like you can. Either live chat, submit online form or email

Steveasked

Thursday night NRL is disgusting. The game always freezes. Why does this happen. Can we cancel our free trial and will this happen all the time.

PxbVic

Yes you can cancel the free trial you may have to call them to do it though.
Why did this happen, well it could be one or many of the following reasons.
1: No crowd attendance for games means more people watching from home, and if using Kayo, then the service was probably overloaded.
2: our pathetic excuse for a broadband network called NBN, again over loaded.
3: Kayo is a streaming service designed around a certain workload, that workload would have been 10000% higher given the situation with Covid-19 and people wanting to watching streaming services.
4: I have a 100mbit/s internet connection, to get HD stream from Kayo requires 12mbit/s, I could not watch the AFL last night it was buffering and falling back to lower than SD quality requiring only 1.5mbit/s bandwidth.

This tells me the Kayo service itself was the problem, too much demand and not enough infrastructure to service the demand for the streaming requested.

IMHO Kayo fell over big time due to unprecedented demand, and they don't have the infrastructure to support the user demand, this coupled with our pathetic NBN is why you didn't get a reliable stream.

Paul.

Steve

I would like to cancel kayo how do i do it

Cranky
Cranky

It used to be easy to unsubscribe, but they have removed the simple option. Go through the chat line. They are bleeding to death because of the poor quality picture so they have made it harder to leave them, instead of fixing their servers. I will never go back to them.

David P.

David P.asked

Why does my kayo sports keep freezing.

PxbVic

Please read above, it's not a simple answer there are many factors as to why you are suffering from what is called "buffering" the 2 main reasons are:
1: Do you have enough of an internet connection to support a streaming service?
2: Does Kayo have sufficient back-end infrastructure to support user streaming demands?

Other Online Streaming Services