Kelly & Windsor Alpaca Classic

Kelly & Windsor Alpaca Classic

Perfect quilt.

Never had alpaca quilt before. It is amazing. Better than duck down quilts. It warms up instantly and feels like your fur. Soft but has a bit weight not like duck down quilt.

Date PurchasedApr 2017

Love my Kelly and Windsor Alpaca quilt...

Bought a queen size quilt and love, love, love it. Looks beautiful on the bed with a cover or without. Warm and luxurious like they said. Going to buy the Alpaca Bamboo next for summer. Sometimes, you've just got to spread the word and I will always buy Aussie made over anything if I can. :)

Date PurchasedMar 2016

Not worth the money

Bought a queen size his and hers doona, but it didn't take long and the grey hairs from the doona kept coming out from the seems. Had it replaced and they said that's strange this has never happened before. My sister had the same experience but they didn't know I knew that. They replaced and the same thing happened again with a different batch number but when I rang I didn't hear back from [name removed]. I rang back a few weeks later they said [name removed] wasn't available and I said you know what don't worry about it, this is really expensive and unusable. Now I'm looking for a new doona and won't be buying from Kellie and Windsor.

Good, but not quite as warm as wool

I had a Minijumbuk 450 GSM washable wool quilt for about 6 years and decided it needed to be relegated to the spare bed and I went in search of a replacement.
Was drawn to the alpaca as it is meant to be lighter with the same warmth which appealed to me as my wool one was really heavy.
This quilt has a nice cover, not really sure that being smooth with no seams is a big advantage as will go in a doona cover anyway. It's not machine washable which is a shame and that's a handy feature that my wool quilt had.
It is lighter than my old equivalent wool one which is great but it's not quite as warm. I have been waking up at 2 in the morning cold. I ended up having to buy an extra wool blanket.
Overall I think this would be fine for most people, I'm just one of those that really feels the cold.

Kelly and Windsor Australia Quilt Doona

Wow... my alpaca Kelly and Windsor Australia doona is beautiful. The finish is exceptional. No fluff, and looks amazing on my bed. The quilt beautifully finished with a gold trim. I can leave it on the bed without a cover and no one would know. I'm now going to get the Kelly and Windsor alpaca bamboo doona.
alpaca is beautiful...no smell and soft