Kelvinator KBM4502 Series (453L, Bottom Mount)

Kelvinator KBM4502 Series (453L, Bottom Mount) Questions & Answers

KBM4502AA (Silver), KBM4502WA (White), KBM4502BA (Black)
Listing monitored by Kelvinator

2 questions from our users

Kerrie R.asked
KBM4502 Series (453L, Bottom Mount)

I have this model fridge bought just over 2yrs ago. Since September 2019 I have had problems with the fridge cooling it stops completely then starts cooling again after 24hrs(and food is off) I rang only to be told that because of where I live it would be a 200.00 call out fee(I am 45min from Joondalup not that far out really). I didn't have that sort of money and the fridge had started to work again.
Thursday the fridge stopped again and I have lost all my food again! Today Sunday the fridge has come back on? Seems like this model is known for this?
The freezer works all the time.

Kerrie R.

I do not understand why this fridge hasn't been recalled it seems to be a common problem of the fridge not cooling and everyone loosing their food.

Kelvinator
ELECTROLUX ..Kelvinator

Hi Kerrie,
Linda from Electrolux here.
We would appreciate the opportunity to discuss the concerns you have raised.
If you wish to discuss this further please feel free to contact me at customercare@electrolux.com.au attention Linda Ticket Number 1532004.
Thanks,
Linda

Paul
Paul

I had a KBM450AA and the problem was that the freezer tubes which are located behind a plastic cover in the freezer section freeze up
and the ice then blocks the vents and stops the air from getting to the top of the fridge. another time the fan had a loose connection. After I melted the ice with a Hair drier it began working properly again until 6 months later when it did it again, did the same thing to fix problem. Pain in the butt. How do you stop the ice build up Kelvinator? Have just bought a WBE4500SC-R and hope it does not suffer the same problem.

Anne C
Anne Casked
KBM4502WA (White)

Should this model have a self closing door?

Josh
Josh

It doesn’t but could be handy.

Get an answer from our members and Kelvinator representatives

Kelvinator KBM4502 Series (453L, Bottom Mount)

Other Bottom Mount Fridges / Refrigerators