Amazing fridge

We wanted a big, two door, top mount fridge of white color, with many tempered glass shelves and overall a very efficient internal design. We wanted freezer of just enough size, not too big and we also wanted a door bin which can store many milk bottles of 2L / 3L size. This fridge ticked all the boxes and the price was much less than other comparable fridges. Cooling and lighting in the fridge is very good. Using it for more than a year. The only thing lacking in this fridge is twist ice cube tray, but it is not a big deal for us. I can trust this brand because my parents back at home had a Kelvinator fridge which lasted more than 25 years !!

Purchased in May 2018 for $668.00.

Noise Level
Internal Layout
Household Size 4 person(s)

Good Quality !!!!!

Ideal for a family of 5 persons. Very quite and works perfectly fine. Tried kelvinator products for the first time, but i must say that this one is very good.

Purchased in January 2019 at Appliances Online for $777.00.

Noise Level
Internal Layout
Household Size 5 person(s)

Great size and price

This fridge was an emergency buy the day we woke up to a broken one. All we wanted was at least the same capacity as the old one, with outer dimensions that would fit within our kitchen cabinets' fridge space, at the best price we could manage.

At $760 and 20L more space than our old fridge, this model was the winner. Oh, we also keep all our drinks on the top shelf (usually 4 bottles of milk and 4 water jugs, crazy as it sounds, that's how we roll :) and some fridges can't be configured that way, but this one can! So we bought it and the Good Guys had it delivered as quickly as possible. They also gave us a free power surge protecter plug board or two, if I remember correctly, bless them.

It works very well, with just two major annoyances - the super ridiculous loose plastic box crisper, which simply sits on the bottom of the fridge and needs to be dragged out with two hands or else it jams (we were used to a more heavy duty crisper that glided easily on metal rails, and the Door. Ah, the Door.

The door needs to be pushed shut. If left open, or nudged in the shutting direction, it swings closed most of the way until it stops about a foot open, and there it will stay. Our former fridge was self closing, so this stay open nonsense has annoyed us immensely. ALTHOUGH... I can't see any other reviews mentioning this, so maybe ours is wonky? I may have to investigate this aspect...

Summary - excellent family size, great internal adjustability, nice price.

Date PurchasedMar 2018

Keeps everything cold and freezer is best up top of the fridge previously owned a kelvin actor 25 ye

The temperature is good in all compartments
I like the whole design of the fridge and especially top mount freezer and the one piece vegetable compartment
It is easy to open and close and we like the white better than the stainless steel as it is a lot easier to keep clean

Date PurchasedMay 2018

Very nicely designed fridge

This is a very simple elegant fridge. Nothing fancy about it, its a traditional layout with the freezer on the top. I really like the LED light inside. It's just a good well balanced design. Good shelf arrangement and quiet as a mouse running. All it has to do it keep doing this for at least another five year sand I will be happy!

Date PurchasedJul 2018

Hard to understanding to set temperature when you follow the User Manual.

This fridge is working well. The shelving is easy to clean, lighting is bright to see every corner, the crisper which is designed small if your family of four, over all I am happy with this fridge comparing the old one which I owned. I recommended for some one looking for value produce.

Date PurchasedJul 2018

Perfect fridge

Bought this fridge over a month ago. I am very happy with my purchase. It is a very quiet fridge and temperature control in the fridge is awesome. I have 3 young children and they are forever opening and closing the fridge door. The fridge still maintains a good temperature. The glass shelves make it easy to clean. Would recommend this fridge.

Date PurchasedApr 2018

Love This Classic Fridge

What a relief it was to get a new fridge after the ancient one we used to have finally gave up. It seems so clean and the food is way colder. I like this Kelvinator because it still has the classic, traditional fridge lay out and actually looks like, you know, a fridge! It runs extremely quietly and is very efficient. I really love the shelf lay out inside and it looks excellent in our kitchen. 100% happy.

Date PurchasedFeb 2018

Works extremely well

We bought this refrigerator in December 2017 for use in storing fresh, warm goats milk in our dairy. It has 20 litres or more of warm milk in multiple 2 litre plastic bottles slid in on the shelves morning and night. It chills the milk very quickly and does so in virtual silence. Easy to wipe out any spills with a damp cloth. Very pleased with this refrigerator. Oh, and I really like the way it chimes if I forget to close the door when I am removing lots of bottles of very cold milk!

Date PurchasedDec 2017

Very Happy With It

So far this has been an excellent choice. Our old fridge was from the 90's so you could say it was overdue to be replaced. I love the big wide clean space and shelf arrangements on this model. It seem so much crisper than the old one. Freezer works brilliantly. Our old one must have been just half working for ages because it seems things freeze so quickly in the new one. It makes virtually no running noise and efficiency is excellent. Now all it's got to do is keep running for twenty years like the old one and I will love it!

Date PurchasedNov 2017

Can't Live without a Fridge

The fridge runs like any other fridge, cold in the bottom half and freezing in the top half. All shelves are so easy to move around and its super easy to clean as most of the surfaces are flat.

I hope to enjoy this fridge for many years to come.

Date PurchasedApr 2018

Good Family Fridge

Very happy with this roomy fridge. Definite upgrade for us. It is easy to see and move things around inside and the shelves can be arranged in many ways. I think they are a bit plasticky compared to the old days but they works very well.
Its as quiet as a mouse. The freezer seems very effective and my only complaint would be a better crisper design but that's not much.
Overall I am very happy with it.

Date PurchasedJan 2018

Good fridge.

Good simple fridge. Doesn't have an ice maker section like some but you do get maximum usable space because of that. The freezer freezes things super fast too, very happy with that. Fridge section doesn't have a small goods section up top like others either, i wonder if it would have benefited with one to be honest, but there is plenty of room for large bottles and containers in the door so that's a plus. Quiet, but makes some funny noises at times that are normal, but nothing annoying. Overall a good simple no frills fridge with plenty of usable space.

Date PurchasedMar 2018

Good fridge

Our beloved Samsung fridge died late last year so we purchased this. I was hesitant as i had not heard of this brand before. It is good. Quiet. Easy to clean. Temperature is maintained throughout each compartment well. I do say though the power saver mode doesnt not keep it super cold and recently we have had to remove the saver as 2 lots of milk has gone off and they are kept down the bottom of the door

Date PurchasedJan 2017

Fantastic fridge

Great fridge. Holds temperature well in all seasons. Cleans with just a wipe out. Shelves and crisper are easily cleaned. It is very quiet and the freezer holds a lot of food for its size. The crisper is a good size and easy to clean. I would buy this product again.

Date PurchasedAug 2016

Kelvinator KTM4602WA-R Only just a fridge

We have had this fridge now for just over 6 months and it took a while to get used to the compressor staring as it sounds just like a household water pump kicking in under the kitchen area.
Works well and keeps food cold but when trying to stop it from freezing the vegetables in the crisper we run the risk of food in the top going off as it gets too hot.
Tried a few different things like bubble wrap and polystyrene around the crisper but to no avail.
No light in the freezer is strange compared to other fridges we have and have had.
The doors DO NOT self close and if you don't close them past a certain point they push back open???
Would not buy this or probably Kelvinator again but it has made us aware of more points to consider when buying the next one.

Could be better

The only Problem that We have had with this Model is the Lid on the Dairy Compartment has Broken Twice.
I have made Repairs but now notice it has Broken again in a different spot
Otherwise it is a Good Refrigerator.
Very quiet Running, Maintains a Good Temperature and also easy to Clean
Other than the Plastic Ware, this Fridge is a good alround Unit.

Date PurchasedMar 2010

Perfect

Our old fridge a Kelvinator 401L about 24/25 years old was starting to get noisy so the search began for a replacement. Would have loved a side by side with an ice and water dispenser but we have a townhouse with the kitchen on the 3rd floor. After about 15 visits to JB Home, a few to HN, 3 or 4 to the Good Guys and several to Masters who had a comprehensive display we narrowed our choice down to a Kelvinator 460L with the hinge on the RHS. None of the side by sides would fit up our stairs and my wife wanted a white finish.

This model, similar to the Westinghouse, is made in Thailand. The door has lots of shelves, the freezer is big and it looks good. We got a great price from the local Good Guys. We bought the chrome wine/bottle rack from a westinghouse fridge of the same size at an appliance parts store. We paid $33 for this, it holds about 6 cans or wine bottles horizontally.

After so much study, measuring and comparing we are very happy with our new Kelvinator. We got a great run out of our last one. The fact they are now made in Thailand is immaterial to us. I was prepared to pay thousands for a fridge but very happy with this one which was under $900.