Kelvinator KTM5402 (536L, Top Mount)

Perfect for price and performance!

The fridge is really good. It is very cold and no frost. It is lardge enough for more than 4 people. The only problem is that the noise is a bit louder. you can hear it clearly in the night. In total, it is good for its price and function!

Date PurchasedJun 2017

This lasted 1 year and a week

I brought this fridge 1 year and a week ago and it has actually been a crappy fridge temp fluctuations now no temp except for salmonella warm. Not the best $1100 i ever spent Betta electrical said we may need to take it away to fix, my response j need a fridge "don't you have a spare one, the workman will decide when they are there what to do" I think a replacement is in order not a repair don't you think?

Date PurchasedMay 2016

Roomy, big refrigerator ... but NOISY !!

After my old 520 litre Kelvinator Opal series fridge stopped working after 12years of trusted service and a move interstate, we rushed out to buy a new refrigerator. Our location gives us only one appliance store nearby or we are faced with an expensive trip to Adelaide & suburbs. That said, the local store would order in just about any fridge within their catalogue so we weren't terribly limited for choice.
Brands recommended to us included Beko, Miele, LG, Fisher & Paykel and a couple of others. Strangely Kelvinator was not mentioned.
I decided on the Kelvinator KTM-5402WA based on cabinet dimensions (absolutely critical due to bespoke kitchen cabinetry and to allow for space beside and above the fridge), internal volumes of fridge & freezer, price and most importantly, power consumption because we are totally reliant on off-grid solar power system. All these criteria made this model of Kelvinator the logical choice and I had been fairly pleased with my previous model Kelvinator.
So a special order was placed and after a couple of weeks, we picked it up from the store.

The freezer and refrigerator both maintain temperatures the required level, the interior lighting is brilliant, the exterior design with pocket handles means that there are no more pesky handles protruding from the front to bash your arm on when you walk past.
We haven't measured the actual energy consumption and chose to trust the rating labels and specs.

BUT..... it's NOISY!!!! when it's running, especially at night. This is especially noticeable as we live in rural South Australia where the nights are so very quiet. No noise from traffic, commerce or industry allows the noise from this fridge to stop me sleeping and drive me mad at night.
The bedroom immediately behind the kitchen wall where the refrigerator stands - forget sleeping there.
Don't get me wrong though, it doesn't sound like a jackhammer or a truck, it just drones annoyingly away.

We'll put up with it for now and until we save a few dollars to replace it.
Me thinks next purchase shall be a European brand, but maybe we'll find somehow to try before we buy.

Date PurchasedMay 2016

Kelvinator Fridges - Don't buy them anymore!

I bought a Kelvinator (made in Australia model) fridge in December 2015. In February 2015 it suddenly stopped working. I lost all of the food in this fridge. I called Electrolux and they said they would send me out another fridge as a replacement. Two days later I received the replacement but, to my utter disbelief this stopped working after one day! Again, I lost hundreds of dollars of groceries that I bought to replace the first batch of groceries I bought. I asked about compensation for lost groceries and the response was "we can only replace the lost groceries from the second fridge but not the first faulty fridge because you don't have the first fridge anymore" (No kidding - you took it away two days ago because it wasn't working).

Electrolux has been extremely difficult to contact and customer service is terrible. I have now been without a fridge in the middle of the Queensland summer for over a week without resolution.

Please be warned - Kelvinators and Electrolux are now made in Thailand and the quality has diminished substantially. Unfortunately customer service seems to have gone downhill with it.

Hi Nat Ben from Electrolux here. We would love the opportunity to discuss the concerns you have raised. Can you please email me your contact details at customercare@electrolux.com.au attention Ben. I look forward to hearing from you soon. Thanks Ben.